How long is this going to take? Again.

I have an authenticator. I usually post on MMO using my laptop and pretty much use that for web surfing. I try not to be an idiot and go to idiot sites. I don't buy gold.

And yet, whenever I do something - anything - with my account, it gets locked down. I received a new debit card in the mail because my old one expired. Blizzard shuts down my account and wants me to send ID. It takes them nearly a week just to send me a reply email saying, "Sorry for the inconvenience, you're cleared." I decide to move servers so begin the process of cleaning my alts and just deleting the ones I don't play. Blizzard resets my password. My boyfriend and I pay for the realm transfer for both of us on the same day, both of us using the same card. Two days later, right before I'm meant to do a trial raid (and before Hallow's end begins), Blizzard sends an email saying they are locking my character because the payment didn't go through. We both check our bank statement; no money has been taken for either transfer. And yet, MY character is locked, but my boyfriend's is not.

I send another email. It's not quite feasible for me to spend more money than is necessary, and the realm transfer plus Halloween things is pushing the budget. I DO want to know what the hell is going on with my account first and why Blizzard gets such a hardon locking me out at the worst times possible with nothing but a, "Sorry, false alarm, have a nice day." I appreciate the security, but honestly, I am starting to feel like this shit has got to go. It's really messing with my fun for the game, being worried that if I delete an alt I have no interest in, they're going to fuck with my junk because they're paranoid I could be hacked.

Basically, does anyone know how long it's going to be for Blizzard to even send a reply email, or should I go ahead and fork the money up front (and forgo Holiday booze), and make the phone call and end up sitting on hold for 2 hours? Has anyone else had this problem?

I am NERDRAGING over this. I don't even play that often but dammit, Cata is coming up and Momma's only got a few more quests until Loremaster!

Any help and/or entertainment is appreciated.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Its just timing.

After they "locked" your account the first time because of payment issues, they unlock it only for you to do what a typical hacked account does. Delete alts, move useful characters to servers they need your professions on, which most likely Blizzard saw as a "hacked account" and stopped it dead.

Now, did the credit card/ debit card you used for the transfer be the one your boyfriend has linked to his account? If so, then blizzard wouldn't stop that transfer, but if its used to transfer your characters on your account, especially after you just finished telling them you got a new card number.

Again, its more of a "I just did stuff that could be looked at funny" and blizzard was swift to pursue it.

You make valid points. The first payment "issues" happened... oh... month's ago, I believe in late July, but I suppose Blizzard might keep track and may have flagged my account or something.

The card we used is attached to a joint account, but it has his name on it. However since I also use the same exact account but with a card that has my name on it, I honestly didn't think it'd make a difference. But I guess it does.

I really just want to know if it's even worth it to buy some skype credit and call them or wait for a reply email.
    Secure accounts ftw!!

I got hacked during this summer, and a month ago I got my pass resetted cos I was fixing addons lol. Logged on and off a few chars a few to many times. So yeah, they do keep track for a while after, anoying but at the same time satisfying that they work so hard vs hackers.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, that's a good thing, believe it or not. When Blizzard saw the "unusual" activity, they were very quick to close your account, so if it had been a hacker, they would've been powerless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Right now it doesn't feel good. The waiting part is most annoying imo, no one is having parties until later in the month. If they had waited a little longer... :P
    Secure accounts ftw!!

Definitely give them a call. I've had issues in the past and after a 20 minute phone call, I was back up and running. The hold times haven't been bad for me but maybe I have just been lucky. It's not worth bursting a blood vessel over! :P

I happen to be a GM, here let me fix all your problems. =D (if only...)

Ontopic: I guess its just bad luck