Thread: Execute spam!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So as fury we just press that one button in the last 20%?

For right now, yes.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Jarheaded View Post
    Not quite, you press that one button and HS if you have the rage also.

Doesnt get any easier imo.

Picture is Armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyyrr View Post
    I usually crit about 40k on Executes in my current gear, not outstanding... but when my DPS goes from 15 to 16k in the last 20% of the boss fight.. I know it's going to get nerfed, the question is... when?
    It probably wont be nerfed, seeing as how Arms no longer gets random execute procs there is no reason to nerf the damage. Sudden Death procs in arms were the reason it got nerfed into uselessness in the first place.

I think I had a 49k Execute, might have been slightly less but it was definitely at least 40k.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack View Post
    It probably wont be nerfed, seeing as how Arms no longer gets random execute procs there is no reason to nerf the damage. Sudden Death procs in arms were the reason it got nerfed into uselessness in the first place.
    Yeah, I think were looking at Execute in its intended form. I really dont see them trying to nerf it that badly, if they drop it back below the rotation damage then whats the point in the ability other than to improve your attack speed? May as well stop calling it execute and call it 'Victory Nears' or something.

Damn, I remember getting 2 Swiftsteel bludgeons back in BT and switching them in over my Siphon of the Nathrezims in the last 20% of a boss fight just for execute spam. Its so nice to have it back.
    Last edited by Irishform; 2010-10-19 at 05:52 AM.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

I do it all the time, under 20% boss gets spammed

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarheaded View Post
    Yessssssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxi View Post
    I'm so glad we have our Execute back :'D
    I'm not. Do you really like Execute spam? Does anyone really enjoy Execute spam, or do they just like LOL BIG NUMBERZ!!

I was hoping to hit Execute mainly to stack Executioner, but sadly, it's just spam.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack View Post
    Well, actually, it could be nerfed below BT, RB and Slam, and still be worth pushing, due to the Executioner talent.

"LOL BIG NUMBERZ!!" is the reason I play a TG warrior, instead of a rogue, pally, enh shammy, dk, or feral.

I gotta say, seeing 90k+ crits on BQL is pretty awesome feeling, when you compare it to the days when 1k hits were a GIANT number.
    Last edited by Kimirik; 2010-10-20 at 07:48 AM.

Maybe so, but the question is, do you like spamming one button? We're all going to do what gives the best result of course, but that doesn't stop me from wishing the best result required more than a one button spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Garil View Post
    Maybe so, but the question is, do you like spamming one button? We're all going to do what gives the best result of course, but that doesn't stop me from wishing the best result required more than a one button spam.
    I think we can live with it so long as it stays to the last 20% of the fight, no more.

Did Blood-Queen Lana'thel 10 man normal the other night, my gear isn't great 6k gs but managed to get bitten 2nd and ended up top dps in the end with just over 25k dps, my executes where insane..think highest one was about 85k but they were coming thick and fast with blood lust! was awesome, most fun I have had on my warrior in a long time! and yes.. know it is boss mechanics..but still!

111k Crit on Blood Queen this monday just miss a few pieces for BiS gear.

at 85 u will still push colossus smash every 20sec and HS when high rage and maybe Inner rage at +75 rage

Execute spam is utterly welcomed beyond 20% because I actually change what my 'rotation' is at some point in the fight rather then just doing the same thing from the start to the end of the fight.

Yes, Execute is back and in a big way. Very Vanilla Wow at this point and in a full buff environment I'm seeing 45-49k crit range very consistently. More importantly it lines up almost flawlessly with Deathwish and using a Haste Potion. If Heroism lines up with 20%, awesome, if not, no big deal. Generally the fights in Icecrown are 3-5 minutes long and that allows us to frontload (oh god the threat) your Deathwish and then have it for the final 20%. Use your haste pot with Deatwish and 20% and buff that damage as much as you can.

If you use World of Logs, you'll see that sub 20% your DPS shoots up to 38-48k (at least mine did in IC25) as opposed to the 20k for the first 80% of the fight. Just look at the graph, it nearly doubles beyond 20% (assuming you are using DW and Haste pot).
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=lightbringer&n=neggs
    http://www.neutralizedguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik View Post
    I think we can live with it so long as it stays to the last 20% of the fight, no more.
    Opinions may change if and when it is discovered Cataclysm raid boss encounters last 5+ minutes and pressing just one button for the last minute or more proves to be rather boring.

Yes, execute spam is on a whole other level once you hit 20% vs all of your other skills. On BQL, I was bitten on the last bite round and managed to 3rd total damage (under 1st and 2nd bites) and top DPS over all. 87K execute without using DW correctly, so yea, execute is the BEST for fury right now.

Also, encountered a glitch on princes where they were all execute-able throughout the fight, which made it very fun for me anyone else catch this glitch?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying my 35Ks. I like how an attack called Execute is no longer an attack that would have lead to less damage.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥