Thread: Water heals...

Water heals...

I've been playing a shaman for a main off and on since the early days of vanilla. I always found it odd that shaman shared druid healing graphical effects. Priests had a healing effect style while pallies enjoyed a slightly different style of holy healing effects. Back in vanilla and BC I used to talk about how shaman should have a "puff" version of nature heals compared to druid heals similar to how pally and priest effects compare. Blizz has of course, done one better in recent times...

I have really enjoyed the slow shift of shaman healing away from nature heals, toward water healing. With the not so recent addition of riptide, a useful healing stream totem, and the recent addition of the water effect for greater healing wave, I think shaman heals have made a strong bid for unique style. It seems really unique and stylized.

Anyone else really hoping for water effects for the remaining healing wave and healing surge spells? For some reason, although it has no real impact on gameplay, I am really looking forward to seeing more water balloon splashes on my heal targets ^.^

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, i know what you mean, and I too like the *water* effect of our heals.

Just weird that Chain Heal still uses the old Chain Lightning sound (thunder-crackling) and uses a holy spell animation (ressurection for pala) and shoots off a yellow lazer beam.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Well, i know what you mean, and I too like the *water* effect of our heals.

Just weird that Chain Heal still uses the old Chain Lightning sound (thunder-crackling) and uses a holy spell animation (ressurection for pala) and shoots off a yellow lazer beam.
    a change would be nice, the mechanics could use a buff too, giving it some more range (if healing rain isnt buffed, kinda shit on the beta)

and im loving the ghw animation
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Yes, please, moar water heals! ;-P
    GHW animation is just awesome, I really hope HS and HW will be switched to watery animations too (HW can just use the GHW animation without the ground effect, since it'll be a smaller and more common heal; maybe something flashier for HS ;-) ), and CH could use blue/watery beams and a different casting animation (the holy/resurrection one is quite weird...)!

I'd love to see Chain Heals 'laser' turn blue and have a 'rippling' effect during it's short animation

Deleted
    For chain heal something like the animation warlocks have when draining soul.
    But in stead of whirling purple little faces, make it whirling blue streams of water going from a big stream at first target slowly going down in volume until is just a little water stream when it hits last target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved the Riptide animation <3 It was fun to shower my tree-druid friends with. They liked it and found it very cute and fitting