Alchemy Cataclysm transmute CD?

Anyone know if there is or will be cooldown on all the alchemy transmutes in Cata ? I expect (and loathe) that there will be, but can't see one at present
    Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it!

[Ten level 80's, one of each class, all professions capped]

Alchemy transmutes and Jewelcrafting Icy Prism both reset at midnight server now in Patch 4.0.1 and on current Beta.

Anything can change when they release on Dec 7.

Cheers. Guess I'd better plan for having about having half a dozen alchemists for the transmute CD's *sigh*

All least most of my alts get the dragon vial I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackadia View Post
    Cheers. Guess I'd better plan for having about having half a dozen alchemists for the transmute CD's *sigh*

All least most of my alts get the dragon vial I guess.
    Why would the transmute c/d's be a bad thing? if there wasnt a c/d then everyone could have an alchemy alt and transmute as many gems or eternals as they wanted. The c/d is the reason you can make money with it.

As one of the richest players on our server I can say this with some authority: because cooldown's are more of a hindrance than they are a cash cow, and the fact they have CD's of like 22 hours instead of a simple daily reset annoys the living hell out of me.

Plus there's always people willing to sell their CD for a few gold, or even just the skill up points.

As for CD's of 5 and 7 days, as one or time items have and will have, that's just ANNOYING.

Deleted
    Being one of the richest players on the server does not give you authority in this particular case, if cool downs were to be removed off of gem and epic gem transmutes the market would be flooded with raw uncut gems lowering the price drastically.

All transmutes reset at 12 midnight, so it really is a daily cool down, meaning you can only do it once per day.

Deleted
    As far as I was aware, the cooldowns on transmutes for WOTLK items will be removed when cataclysm is released, but obviously cooldowns on cata items will still be enforced. Don't quote me on it though because I can't remember where I read the information.

Deleted
    It was datamined that the cooldown on epic gems in wrath was to be removed this patch, however that never happened and left a lot of alchemists pretty pissed about stock piling all the transmute materials.

I just thank the heavens I was to lazy to stockpile.

In theory they will just removed the cooldown on the majority of the pre-cata transmutes as they've done in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

That is true, typically they get rid of the old and bring in the new

10+ Year Old Account
    What will get you a few easy skill levels in alchemy aswel, the epic gems stocked up and cut will probably still be beter then the green ones and such you can make.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk92555 View Post
    Why would the transmute c/d's be a bad thing? if there wasnt a c/d then everyone could have an alchemy alt and transmute as many gems or eternals as they wanted. The c/d is the reason you can make money with it.
    Yeah, just like black smiths have a cool down on the number of epic swords or armor items they can make in a day. Or a leather worker has a cd on how many epic chest items or belts. Oh.. wait a sec... The don't!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garregish View Post
    Yeah, just like black smiths have a cool down on the number of epic swords or armor items they can make in a day. Or a leather worker has a cd on how many epic chest items or belts. Oh.. wait a sec... The don't!
    you realize you responed to a nearly 2 year old post right
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

remove cooldowns all together imo