Fire gemming question

Just wondering if we know whats best to gem yet.

i recently got the previously frost badge trinket cuz i had a lot of hit gems on my gear to reach the cap.

now im over and have to drop my hit gems as planned, but to what?

currently i only have 18% haste, 38% crit, and 2835 spellpower (self buffed on char sheet)

so do i gem intellect, haste, or crit?
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

Fire at 80 at least will value (assuming hit cap) int, haste to 35% assuming 5% buff in raids, then crit

Edit: just saw your sats, you may get more out of arcane at that level

Reforge hit into mastery and keep the Int/Hit gems for the blue slots. As long as you're at hit cap, you're golden.

Red and Yellow sockets: Int/Haste

Right now crit is a non-issue. At 85, we'll see. But right now, it's pretty simple. Int/Hit for Blue; Int/Haste for Red and Yellow. Of course, if you're super eager to get your mastery up, you could further do Int/Hit in Red sockets, too, and reforge even more hit into mastery (though I would advise against this).

Currently the priority seems to be: Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Fire at 80 at least will value (assuming hit cap) int, haste to 35% assuming 5% buff in raids, then crit

Edit: just saw your sats, you may get more out of arcane at that level
    not according to my dps parses, and experience so far experimenting in heroics and raids (icc included)

arcane is my other talent spec, it doesnt compare for me.

---------- Post added 2010-10-17 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    Reforge hit into mastery and keep the Int/Hit gems for the blue slots. As long as you're at hit cap, you're golden.

Red and Yellow sockets: Int/Haste

Right now crit is a non-issue. At 85, we'll see. But right now, it's pretty simple. Int/Hit for Blue; Int/Haste for Red and Yellow. Of course, if you're super eager to get your mastery up, you could further do Int/Hit in Red sockets, too, and reforge even more hit into mastery (though I would advise against this).

Currently the priority seems to be: Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    every time i reforged into mastery my dps went down as fire. my question is not how to gear myself (i know everything but the best gems for my gear level)
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

LB gains another tick with the following haste levels

No netherwind presence and no 5% aura: 37.54% haste
    1% haste from netherwind: 36.17
    2% haste from netherwind: 34.83
    With 5% aura: 30.96% (I think without netherwind)

So you should change your haste lvls accordingly. Not sure how much haste is required with 2% in netherwind and the 5% haste aura though.

For combustion the haste percentages are: 5%-15%-25%-35%-45% (I assume unbuffed).

Ej has the math if you want to know more.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red: 20 int.
    Yellow: 10 int, 10 crit.
    Blue: 10int, 10 hit.

Any excess hit should be reforged to haste or crit, acording to following priority:

17% hit > ~1000 haste > crit > haste (above 1000)

so haste>crit then eh? at least until 1k

allrightythen

however, would it be worth it to dismiss the blue 10int/10hit in exchange for straight 20int or even 20 haste?

asking cuz i have enough extra hit that just dropping my gems half hit (right now 20hit blue gems to get hit cap prior to my new trinket) and reforging i might still be over hit cap, guess ill have to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    so haste>crit then eh? at least until 1k

allrightythen

however, would it be worth it to dismiss the blue 10int/10hit in exchange for straight 20int or even 20 haste?

asking cuz i have enough extra hit that just dropping my gems half hit (right now 20hit blue gems to get hit cap prior to my new trinket) and reforging i might still be over hit cap, guess ill have to check.
    Well, to clarify. If you cannot get past 1000 haste, then don't stack it. If you simply can't reach 1000 because of your gear levels go for crit. The thing is, that when you pass 1000 haste your LB will tick 6 times.

If you can reach 1000 haste:

17% hit > 1000 haste > crit > haste (above 1000)

If your gear isn't good enough to reach 1000:

17% hit > crit > haste

And to answer your latter question:

No. You always get 10 int, 10 hit. If you go above the cap, reforge some of it away to haste or crit. Of course there's a breaking point somewhere around the cap, but that will hardly be vital for your dps. I wouldn't bother with it until there's a rawr that's compatible with cataclysm and reforging.

ah kk, ty very much valanna. I know the game will change come cata, i just like doing this regardless.

I thought I'd jump in on this to get some advice for my mage(http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Draka&cn=Hoole). I'm below the suggested haste level(and a bit below hit cap), so any suggestions on how to reforge/gem my gear?