Demo PVP love <3

I always felt Demo was lacking in PVP previously. Sure, it was a fantastic PVP spec, but the finesse required to master it compared to pretty much the same results in affliction for half the effort always made me wary.

4.0.1 Demo however - I'm surprised I haven't seen more warlock hate on the forums since the spec seems ridiculously good! Taking on people far better geared than me and chewing them up without a chance of them even getting close. Taking on three at once and usually coming out on top. Sometimes I top damage JUST using my Felguard (no DOTs). While I feel the ominous threat of a nerfhammer hovering nearby, the last few days have been super-fun!

Anyone else switched from a long-standing Afflic spec to Demo and enjoying it more?

My guild is getting sick of these kind of quotes:
    [Guild] [Nymphys]: Now I'm not saying I'm the best Warlock in the world, I'm just saying if there was a Warlock Olympics, I'd be taking home the gold in both the Rape AND Pillage events.
    [Guild] [Nymphys]: I would say I'm a god, but they're not really in the same league as me..
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

I switched from Affli to Destro for my PvP spec, but I have seriously considered going Demo. The few Demos I've met in BGs so far has raped everything around them.

negative I stay afflic through thick and thin =P

Glad demos are having their day though.

Its a decent BG Faceroll specc but its still a specc that lacks alot to be competive in arena! you have no whatsoever disepll resistance on ur dots etc so no its no good. It was good before they nerfed Searing pain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SektheGnome View Post
    negative I stay afflic through thick and thin =P

Glad demos are having their day though.
    same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksy View Post
    Its a decent BG Faceroll specc but its still a specc that lacks alot to be competive in arena! you have no whatsoever disepll resistance on ur dots etc so no its no good. It was good before they nerfed Searing pain
    No one has dispell resistance... And demo aint relying on their DoTs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksy View Post
    I hope blizz will use this as reason to keep demo as good as it is. Wasn't going to arena anyways

I have /petattack macroed to Hand of Gul'Dan, Felstorm macroed to Soulburn/Soul Fire, and Axe Toss macroed to Immolate, and cast them in that order when ganking players. Works great.

It's also solid on elites that can be stunned/rooted.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by Ekeln View Post
    I have /petattack macroed to Hand of Gul'Dan, Felstorm macroed to Soulburn/Soul Fire, and Axe Toss macroed to Immolate, and cast them in that order when ganking players. Works great.

It's also solid on elites that can be stunned/rooted.
    I generally Axe Toss about 3-4 seconds into the Hand of Gul'dan - They're snared there from the Aura of Foreboding, and this usually chews up the next two seconds so they then cop the 4-second stun from the aura as well. ^^

Which pretty much fits in with using the GCDs in the middle there to Soulburn/Soulfire and Felstorm. StunLOCK. Get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

uh huh.. so the the pet usually goes in and distracts the mobs with felstorm then the guldan ticks stun and the lock goes crazy.. gotcha.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Still demo have way to few instants and another thing that ruins Demo PVP is that if you get counterspelled at casting hand of guldan then they lock both fire and shadow school = 6 secouns of NOTHING Demo will never be Good for pvp

QQ moar. demos are in a good spot now.

I'm really enjoying demo pvp at the moment. But I'm really struggling to get decent healers down. Against disc priests with approx 40k health, having no ability to dispel their shields, shadow protection, health buffs, or hots is a massive struggle.

Also finding if I'm in a crowded battle (at a base/flag in eots for example), the felguard gets dropped within seconds.
    Last edited by Sworded; 2010-10-18 at 10:45 AM.

Deleted
    It will be good against bad players in bgs for example but for arena I imagine it will still be bad outside of gimmick comps (cast times are too long)

This spec is good vs bad players, and bad vs good players. If your competitor knows what he is doing, you will get in trouble. Trying to own 3 ppl at once when one of them being a priest, warrior or rogue who disarm your felguard. Yeah, felstorm isn't that awesome all of the sudden, and you cant axetoss either. Wich means your long cast-time spells are all you got, and they will for sure be interrupted.

That being said, I do agree to the fact that the spec is really fun to play in bg's. Making the felguard something other players actually have to take into account when they fight a warlock is a good turn in demo pvp.

Actually it's the other way around for me.

I used to PvP demo prior to patch 4.0 . After the patch I really didnt like the feel of it as much. I've actually been enjoying Affliction a helluvah lot more .

In my eyes though, I'll always be Demo for PvE!

Always played Desto/Affli, but the changes to Demo are so fun that I no longer use affliction at all. There used to be an art to manipulating your DoTs as Affliction, but bad players caused them to make the dots stronger and less involving so you fought every enemy the same way. Now with Curses and Banes stacking, and faceroll Soul Swap the spec is just boring, and Demo has come out on top for dynamic gameplay.

but Destro will always make me giggle way too much. Its my fave

im playing as affli forever )

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always been a destro pvp'er at heart and will never change, demo looks fun but really all that I can think of when I get stomped by someone who justs uses everything they have all at once to rape you is, "wait until that combo no longer kills someone, then come to me saying your better" ^.^

i'm really happy though as this rape days might bring some more locks into pvp =P
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    im sticking with destro :P i went afflic for a bit but have gone back to destro now and cant even think why i even bothered with afflcition :P and i kinda hate demo, never tried it, jsut the idea of it seems silly to me :P although it has some good talents in it :P