10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    amazing first episode to the season.

i dont know what some of you expect, every episode you guys say the same thing but you keep coming back, maybe this show just isnt for you.

haters gonna hate, one of the best episodes of the show
    Ah I see, because your opinion is all so mighty, if anyone disagrees then they're haters. Gotcha, concrete logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The only problem I had with the episode was the completely unrealistic roof. I don't think that makes me a hater. The only thing that I've said previously about the show that can even somewhat be construed as negative was the fact that the walkers are sometimes super stealthly like ninjas.
    That was true for S3, but before that I didn't think it was too unrealistic. The key event obviously being when Andrea was in the woods and suddenly got ambushed by 4 dugtrio zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies going splat all over the floor like dropped jell-o was pretty damn funny.

The scene with the crazy woods lady seemed like filler screen time, maybe that was just me.

I liked the ending, I knew the longer-than-usual screentime of the one zombie with bleeding eyes would mean something, and low and behold this kid dies and starts bleeding from his eyes

The one thing I really, REALLY hope happens this season is for Hershel to lose his other foot, and both of his arms; I think that would make for a really engaging character and a lot of fun to watch. Imagine the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ah I see, because your opinion is all so mighty, if anyone disagrees then they're haters. Gotcha, concrete logic.
    every single episode every single time tons of people go "er mah gerd was so awful" or "er mah gerd day is ruining itz comic iz so much bettar"

every week i see the same thing over and over again yet every season it gets more and more viewers and all the people i know in real life like it, theres a difference between criticizing something and constantly watching something for seemingly no reason but to bitch about it.

im not saying everyone who didnt like the episode is a hater but there certainly are lots of haters who seem to do nothing but bitch about the show and for those people maybe they should just watch something else because whatever it is they expect every week they arent getting it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I agree, the roof thing was stupid. Liked the rest though, for example Rick and that woman, even if it turned out to be just a short side quest. I am curious to see what there is behind the disease that killed the pig and the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    I agree, the roof thing was stupid. Liked the rest though, for example Rick and that woman, even if it turned out to be just a short side quest. I am curious to see what there is behind the disease that killed the pig and the boy.
    waters probably contaminated with something.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    every single episode every single time tons of people go "er mah gerd was so awful" or "er mah gerd day is ruining itz comic iz so much bettar"

every week i see the same thing over and over again yet every season it gets more and more viewers and all the people i know in real life like it, theres a difference between criticizing something and constantly watching something for seemingly no reason but to bitch about it.

im not saying everyone who didnt like the episode is a hater but there certainly are lots of haters who seem to do nothing but bitch about the show and for those people maybe they should just watch something else because whatever it is they expect every week they arent getting it.
    A lot of people are watching the show in high hopes that it will return to its former glory, too many shows start off well and then descend down the slippery slope of quality. S3 was testament to that, but people are willing to give the show a chance in S4. I didn't mind this episode, I didn't have much of a problem with the helicopter thing, but a lot of people do and you have to agree that it's very unrealistic (I know it's a tv show but there still has to be some degree). The show needs to step up its game if it wants to be considered as one of the true greats, the reason it's put in that category is because of how well it started. That's the thing, the show has the potential and can produce the quality, that's why people get angry when it doesn't deliver.

Deleted
    Roof thing was stupid, don't see how anyone can say the shows declining in quality though, S3 was much than S2.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was a pretty happy with the episode but as always I have a few gripes.

The trailer from a few months back gave away too much.
    Patrick was an annoying character. The "let me shake your hand" bit was pretty cringe worthy.

I didn't mind the roof collapsing randomly. I just wondered how a shop was still fully stacked after a couple of years.

The Rick and Clara story felt a little all over the place. For some reason I was thinking she was half infected or some hybrid... glad that didn't go down that path. I could'nt put my finger on where I'd seen her before. Thank god for IMDB! She was in Rome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    I want this show to be good. I really want it to. Then it just keeps being bad.
    Shame you think that, I think it's fantastic. I went on a rampage spree when I began watching it 2 weeks ago and didn't get bored which shows that to me, it is a great show. Big Bang gets me bored after the 5th episode in the row.

Can't wait till episode 2, the prison is going to go mental after that kid died. I hope no kids or main characters die tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post

The Rick and Clara story felt a little all over the place. For some reason I was thinking she was half infected or some hybrid... glad that didn't go down that path. I could'nt put my finger on where I'd seen her before. Thank god for IMDB! She was in Rome!
    Same man, I was like wtf? Does she eat zombies for breakfast? (she looked like a cannibal)
    -K

- - - Updated - - -

That was true for S3, but before that I didn't think it was too unrealistic. The key event obviously being when Andrea was in the woods and suddenly got ambushed by 4 dugtrio zombies.
    season 2 premiere was another one they had just come up the road and no walkers then all of a sudden there's a herd walking down the road

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was much better than everyone here makes it sound. Poor Violet. She was such a throw away character. Maybe we can see flashbacks before her death.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah. Everyone may be already infected with the zombie virus but pretty sure a walking corpse would be carrying all kinds of other diseases and such. Then with as many of them out there, contaminating the water with said diseases is highly likely.

During one of the season 4 teaser trailers they started showing back from July, there was a scene of Hershel telling the group that "take a drink of water, you risk your life."

I thought the episode was decent. My actual biggest beef with it was I thought the time Jim spent with that random woman offered very little development....yes I understand it makes him question his morals further and if he is doing the right thing yadda yadda but he didn't learn anything new about himself as I think the message was supposed to convey. IDK, that could have been more screen time to introduce new characters or touch up on familiar faces we didn't see as much of. Sure, the zombies falling through the roof thing was a bit cheesy but if you're going to apply how unrealistic it was, you can pretty much throw out 99% of all movie effects you've ever seen because they are equally unrealistic.

I did enjoy the whole planting crops/raising farm animals thing, if we're talking survival, food is just as important as shelter, and you can't sustain as many people they have on supply runs. I really do think they need to spend more time on that kind of stuff this season and less time on 'supply runs' as it's pretty stupid to rely on supermarkets that should have long since been cleared of all food out whilst running into zombies or bad people in the process. Food and water should absolutely be a bigger concern than it's shown as in the show, and it's always just kind of been there. Either way, I've enjoyed all three previous seasons of the show despite a few things that have annoyed me and look forward to seeing the rest of this season.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-10-15 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then rick would have dropped dead from washing his face in the opening scene.

I think we're going to see one of a few things:

1) a sickness that, if not directly causing the zombie-ness, has a really high fatality rate and thus de facto zombies.

2) Turned animals, with possible transmission via live animals or consumption of dead animals. Which will be awesome as hell if they can get good trained animals with some decent CGI'd effects. Ramifications being that you can't really eat meat any more unless you kill the animal via decapitation outright. No more trapping!

Speaking of which, the dead animal where Rick met the woman - I literally thought it was going to be a zombie animal. And I thought the woman was a zombie too, even after she started speaking. Like, she had a mutation which prevented her from turning fully. Turns out she was just filthy.

And what's up with Bob the medic? That dude sketches me out.

Also, did anyone sense a bit of sexual what-what with Beth and Daryl at the end? Jesus, what a redneck, it would be awesome.

And Michone did come off as rather motherly towards Carl, and Carl seems to view her as family, possibly because of that scene last year where she helped him get that picture of Lori.

Thank god no Lori/Andrea ghosts.

am i the only one who thought the lady was just seeing things like rick did before she started talking about feeding him people?

This show is all about social experiments in given circumstances. Rick and Clara was an experiment for the viewers (that really only needed to be fleshed out in one episode) about how the leader of a group would interact with a woman who had gone insane.

Due to the trailer, its obvious that the prison is going to die from the inside out and the governor is actually luring walkers to the prison, which in effect will put the main group between a rock and a hard place. This sets the plot up for quite a few more social experiments. Basically how much is the "council" willing to sacrifice in order to keep peace?

I'm not so sure about the whole "water being contaminated" theory. Yeah it seems very apparent, but if it was, the whole group would be dead anyway. There was also hint from Michone when she wanted to migrate to the beach with Andrea and she said she thought the walkers didn't like water, or something like that. I think there's potential in finding a boat and moving onto some deserted island with enough supplies. Maybe we find out that walkers do hate water, and there is abundant civilization on some island. Then again, I think the idea could totally sink and end up repeating a lot of what some other show did (after a bunch of people survived a plane crash onto a mysteriously time-lost island).

10+ Year Old Account
    Bob the medic is cool, D'Angelo from The Wire ;>

Bob the medic is cool, D'Angelo from The Wire ;>
    Recovering alcoholic who doesn't know how to put a bottle down lightly.
    So cool.