The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the earth has 7 billion people that means the walking dead Earth is populated by 6.099.999.999 walkers. gl killing them in 10 lifetimes.
    That's why you'd need the coordinated efforts of a unified nation. I'm not sure that 1% is the "correct" number, but it's going to be over a billion, easily, and that is a LOT.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That's why you'd need the coordinated efforts of a unified nation. I'm not sure that 1% is the "correct" number, but it's going to be over a billion, easily, and that is a LOT.
    There's also the problem that they are constantly increasing their numbers. It wouldn't be enough to just go kill all of them, because anyone who dies is going to become one. This is why this scenario is a little bit more severe than traditional Z.A.'s. It's not just being bitten that produces this effect, but simply death. There's nothing to say that even after coordinated efforts to kill every zombie they find would protect them. A new outbreak could happen at any time.

Besides, the reason why these post apocalyptic scenarios always get out of control is because of how quickly infrastructure ceases to be of use once people go crazy. Even something as 'simple' as an evacuation for natural disaster is pretty complicated and easily prone to chaos. This is with communication and military/govt assistance. Imagine when no one knows what is going on, but people are dying everywhere.... Good bye power, internet, and anything useful in the blink of an eye.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There's also the problem that they are constantly increasing their numbers. It wouldn't be enough to just go kill all of them, because anyone who dies is going to become one. This is why this scenario is a little bit more severe than traditional Z.A.'s. It's not just being bitten that produces this effect, but simply death. There's nothing to say that even after coordinated efforts to kill every zombie they find would protect them. A new outbreak could happen at any time.

Besides, the reason why these post apocalyptic scenarios always get out of control is because of how quickly infrastructure ceases to be of use once people go crazy. Even something as 'simple' as an evacuation for natural disaster is pretty complicated and easily prone to chaos. This is with communication and military/govt assistance. Imagine when no one knows what is going on, but people are dying everywhere.... Good bye power, internet, and anything useful in the blink of an eye.
    You should really read the book World War Z - I think you'd love it. What you're saying is, given the fictional nature of the discussion, absolutely correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should really read the book World War Z - I think you'd love it. What you're saying is, given the fictional nature of the discussion, absolutely correct.
    It's been on my backlog for a while now (since before there was a movie), but I have read some excerpts and it seems pretty well done.
    BAD WOLF

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's been on my backlog for a while now (since before there was a movie), but I have read some excerpts and it seems pretty well done.
    Whatever you do, do NOT see the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you do, do NOT see the movie.
    The movie is actually pretty good if you forget about the book existing and look at it as a stand alone thing.

Deleted
    I don´t think WWZ book was that good, is a good read but is not as authentic as everyone tends to think. Zombie genre has a ton of books that actually give a fictional way of understanding how everything collapses and how we are on a situation of desesperation. Wich is actually one of the points the genre has to complete in order to make it as beliveble as possible, not just the dead have arise and everyone is a zombie except you, you and you that are going to kill at least 100 z´s per person.

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I bet he will be introduced in the last episode - and if they follow the comic it could almost be a red wedding type of event for the show, leading into next season.
    The problem have probably been that the producers dont want to catch up with the comics and suddenly be out of material. Afaik Negan havent even been casted yet - there where rumors about The Strains Kevin Durand, but that turned out to be false. I hope they dont go all psycho on the character, like Breaking Bads Tuco. But keep him sane and cheerful when he performs his heinous acts..
    They can have an entire season with the Alexandria Safe Zone before Negan. Rushing over that would be silly, and so far the show has dragged things out more often than rushed them.

I liked the latest episode overall. I'm surprised that Terminus was dealt with so quickly though hopefully there's a fair few suprises ready to be unleashed over the rest of the season. I felt sorry for Gareth and his companions. They tried to do the right thing early on and it backfired. That doesn't justify their decision to become monsters themselves but judging by Rick's increasingly erratic behaviour I'm pretty confident in suggesting that he'd resort to cannibalism in order to protect Carl and Judith if there was no other alternative.

I'm also glad that the group is splitting up since it'll seemingly allow for different stories to play out at the same time. Plus the group was becoming rather large and even Bob's death hasn't really changed that. I also suspect that we'll see some other major characters dying this season due to the size of the cast at the moment.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    They can have an entire season with the Alexandria Safe Zone before Negan. Rushing over that would be silly, and so far the show has dragged things out more often than rushed them.
    I agree. Some foreshadowing of Negan would be nice though.

I'm really surprised they dealt with the hunters in only one episode. I think they could have given them another episode, that aside I've been really happy with season 5. It's been pretty strong so far. I'm just hoping they don't spend too much time on the Beth story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I agree. Some foreshadowing of Negan would be nice though.

I really hope we get to the A Larger world arc in this season - not only because of Negan, but also because one of my favorit good guys is introduced. And in general i just prefer the show when the antagonists is alive. I guess it depends on how much filler they have added(Slabtown stuff)before the group hook up with the free zone scout. It is definitely true that the show dont like to rush things.
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2014-10-29 at 10:18 AM.

Yeah, I'm okay with it if they don't rush Negan. Unless shit really hits the fan at some point, I don't think Walking Dead is going anywhere and should be around for a few more seasons. He'll eventually show up, I'm sure.

I really don't have any problems with a lot of the "filler" stuff. I think it's a good thing to learn a little more about the characters and villians. The Governor's story is the only one in Walking Dead that I've really disliked, and that's just because I felt like it stretched out for far too long. I was just disappointed because I thought he should've died in season 3's finale instead of dragging out through half of season 4.

I thought the Terminus story was handled pretty well. We learned a reasonable amount about the Terminus people and how they became who they are. There was plenty of action and reason for us to hate the Terminus people. And that story still managed to move on quickly enough without dragging on like the Governor.

The Governor's story did seem to drag on for far too long. I still hate him for killing Andrea. Her actress was great and deserved better than to be killed off in such an unsatisfying manner when she's such a huge part of the comic's story. Now Carol seems to have adopted Andrea's intended role to some extent and whilst I'm a big fan of Carol I do wish Andrea was still there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The Governor's story did seem to drag on for far too long. I still hate him for killing Andrea. Her actress was great and deserved better than to be killed off in such an unsatisfying manner when she's such a huge part of the comic's story. Now Carol seems to have adopted Andrea's intended role to some extent and whilst I'm a big fan of Carol I do wish Andrea was still there too.
    thought she wanted out herself?

comic spoiler: Andrea and rick end up as a couple, i doubt carol will fulfill this role in the show, seeing how she interacts with Daryl. i don't think there is a true Andrea replacement (yet) such as Bob replaced dale.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Yeah, the big difference is that in the comic, the writers can do whatever they want with the characters. In the show, you may have unexpected things like cast members who decide to leave (or are otherwise unavailable to be on the show). I think they pretty much said the show is supposed to be the same story with the same characters, but in a sort of alternate universe.

If I remember right, they didn't actually plan on killing Dale off so early, but the actor who played him wanted out because Frank Darabont left, so they had to kill the character off. I guess Bob was pretty much his replacement for the Terminus/Hunters story. Not sure about Andrea. But yeah, there are a lot of characters still alive in the comic who died off pretty early in the show. Sophia is another example...the show killed her off in season 2, but she's alive in the comic (which is far ahead of the show).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-10-29 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Andrea deserved to be killed off the way she had been written in the show up until that point. She wasnt enjoyable and second only to Lori in annoyingness!
    I never understood the hate that Lori and Andrea received. I found them to both be pretty interesting and relatable. Andrea interested me because she didn't abandon her humanity and sought to help everybody rather than limit her loyalty solely to Rick's group. As for Lori? I found her hypocrisy and mood swings to be amusing. I don't consider the fact that Andrea and Lori slept with Shane to be a downside either - he's a pretty attractive guy and Lori thought her husband was dead whilst Andrea felt an affinity to the only other outsider in Rick's group.

Plus as far as I'm concerned Rick and Shane were sleeping with each other behind closed doors given the sheer amount of sexual tension between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred Lori and Andrea to the likes of Carl or Darryl, and I regret that they were both killed off. Shane and Rick together was a very sexy concept!

People love to pratter on about diversity, but the minute you add a character like Lori, who is bipolar, people want her dead. Or Andrea, who for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would wish her dead. Because she slept with Shane, who was a good guy? Or the governor, who she later realised was nuts?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    I preferred Lori and Andrea to the likes of Carl or Darryl
    ....what show are you watching? Can't be this one. On a related note:
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't blame her for wanting nothing to do with that smug brat.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    I can't blame her for wanting nothing to do with that smug brat.
    I've never really been a huge fan of Carl. I'll admit that he's a lot less grating in this season than he's been in the past though. The same applies to Daryl though I never really dislike the character - I just loathe many of his fans who try to paint him as some sort of super sexy and flawless figure.