Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Called it, i knew something was bound to happen between Rick and Jesse! For some reason, i really enjoyed this episode. It was by far one of my most favorite episodes this season. Something about it that really grasped me..Rick and Jesse are totally going to bang in one of these future episodes. Sasha needs helps, kind of want them to kill her off, her character is just too far gone. Darryl is starting to make a little change and i like it a lot. Rick is scaring me a bit mainly because of the ending of the episode. Really great acting this episode! Also thought i was going to hate Aaron but i think he may be an interesting addition. Want to know more about why some of the people are scared of him...really need answers for that. The horse scene was sad but killing the Walkers was very much needed. Carols acting was superb, she struck fear into that child. He was scared shitless, my god she is awesome! Looking forward to the next episode, things are going to get crazy from here, i just know it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sasha is their top marksman? She wants to be in the watch tower? I sense some interracial relations in this shows future. lol.

Overall it was a decent enough episode. It was a bit slow but we got to see a lot of characters acclimating to the new town. The W carved in the zombies head is very interesting (comic spoiler) from what I remember there wasn't any foreshadowing to the Whisperers so it's interesting to see them doing this. I wounder if they are going to switch it up a bit and we will end up seeing the Whisperers before Negan. It's a little bit crazy because the Whisperers story is basically just beginning but they could introduce them, then go to Negan, and then back to the Whisperers. I don't understand why they would be foreshadowing so much if they weren't planning on it meaning something this season. Holy shit did Carol lay it into that poor boy! Whether he tells his mom or not, he is going to be having nightmares for the rest of his life. Unlucky for him, the parents in The Walking Dead TV show are notorious for not watching their children.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Sasha is their top marksman? She wants to be in the watch tower? I sense some interracial relations in this shows future. lol.

Overall it was a decent enough episode. It was a bit slow but we got to see a lot of characters acclimating to the new town. The W carved in the zombies head is very interesting (comic spoiler) from what I remember there wasn't any foreshadowing to the Whisperers so it's interesting to see them doing this. I wounder if they are going to switch it up a bit and we will end up seeing the Whisperers before Negan. It's a little bit crazy because the Whisperers story is basically just beginning but they could introduce them, then go to Negan, and then back to the Whisperers. I don't understand why they would be foreshadowing so much if they weren't planning on it meaning something this season. Holy shit did Carol lay it into that poor boy! Whether he tells his mom or not, he is going to be having nightmares for the rest of his life. Unlucky for him, the parents in The Walking Dead TV show are notorious for not watching their children.
    It's not the Whispers, it's the Wolves

Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    It's not the Whispers, it's the Wolves

[IMG]http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-59-05-am-does-this-solve-the-mystery-of-the-wolves-in-the-walking-dead.jpg?width=640&height=360[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.thewalkingdead.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/the-walking-dead-s05e09-wolves-not-far-02-590x330.jpg[IMG]
    The Wolves aren't in the comics so there is really no knowing who/what they are. So unless they are making their own story here and completely shying away from the comics then it has to be either the Saviors or Whisperers. I don't think the Saviors would ever do what was done to that town, they would have enslaved the people before slaughtering them and carving letters into their foreheads.

Maybe we will just be seeing a whole separate group which could be interesting. I think they could use some more separation from the comics because of how much has already changed.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    The Wolves aren't in the comics so there is really no knowing who/what they are. So unless they are making their own story here and completely shying away from the comics then it has to be either the Saviors or Whisperers. I don't think the Saviors would ever do what was done to that town, they would have enslaved the people before slaughtering them and carving letters into their foreheads.

Maybe we will just be seeing a whole separate group which could be interesting. I think they could use some more separation from the comics because of how much has already changed.
    D.C. Scavengers from the comics. We wont see Negan till probably the season finale of next season where he kills someone from the group
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Total moment going on between Aaron and Daryl.

Eric needs to die so they can be together, clearly.

Kirkman said Daryl wasn't gay...didn't say anything about him not being bi.

New canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting those vibes between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I seriously hope he's not gay... or bi. It would ruin his character for me.
    Why? O.o

How would that change the character at all? After all of their crap about acting like Daryl would end up with Carol only for it to go nowhere, I think it'd be an interesting change of pace.

Kirkman also said in that same interview on Talking Dead that he basically saw Daryl as asexual in what he's written thusfar, so it wouldn't exactly be a stretch to take the character in one of the few directions it hasn't yet, regarding a romance with another character.

I'd rather not get into it.
    Well I'm sorry if a gay character makes you feel bad, but shockingly those kind of people do exist.

Are Aaron and Eric bad characters to you? Tara?

Eric is pretty much a noncharacter thusfar but Aaron is definitely an interesting character to me. Nice to see a person that is like Rick but not as extreme. Is generally a good person but will tell people off and shoot a bitch if need to.

Again, I'd rather not get into it.
    Ok then, well don't make vague statements and refuse to get into it. Because right now you're not exactly looking great. I'm just going to assume I nailed it on the head and move on.

Give whatever opinion you want, but its pretty worthless when you're completely vague and then refuse to answer.

"I don't like Glenn but I'm not going to get into it."

Then that statement should be discarded for as worthless as it is to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Well I'm sorry if a gay character makes you feel bad, but shockingly those kind of people do exist.

Are Aaron and Eric bad characters to you? Tara?

Eric is pretty much a noncharacter thusfar but Aaron is definitely an interesting character to me. Nice to see a person that is like Rick but not as extreme. Is generally a good person but will tell people off and shoot a bitch if need to.
    I think Aarons a pretty cool character. Really can't way to see how he develops. How can one like him compare himself to Darryl? He's damn good with a sniper, i know that for sure but what else can he provide for Rick's group? Not really a fan of him being gay but by no means does it affect me at all. He's really cool and i can't wait to see what he can do. How dare he compare himself to Darryl!

How dare he compare himself to Darryl!
    What do you mean? That they are both outsiders? I think it was an apt comparison. He was more saying, "We're similar because we're both different from our groups" not that "We're both the same personality/skill/ect wise." Because, yeah, they aren't the same as individual people. More that group-wise their similarity is that they're different.

- - - Updated - - -

You can discard it as you see fit, but I'm free to make it.

Ok. I will.

Could anybody actually explain why it would ruin the character? Or is it just, "Gay people make me feel weird!"

Not saying he had to be lovey-dovey, not saying it had to be a huge plot point. I wasn't even completely serious when I made the point until somebody decided to be apparently bigoted and then hide behind not wanting to explain their bigotry.

Daryl has pretty much gone as far as he has as a character. He really isn't doing much anymore other than being the hardened survivor. And that's fine, he's still tied for my favorite character alongside Carol, but I see Carol actually progressing as a character still. Daryl's been the same for quite some time, and I can't think of any other angle for them to go down at this point that they haven't done, or at least hinted at, yet.

I would have totally been on board with Caryl, but I don't think they've even referenced that since Season 3.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-03-09 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, that was weird seeing the characters all cleaned up. I totally did not even recognize Maggie at first.

Why? O.o

How would that change the character at all? After all of their crap about acting like Daryl would end up with Carol only for it to go nowhere, I think it'd be an interesting change of pace.

Kirkman also said in that same interview on Talking Dead that he basically saw Daryl as asexual in what he's written thusfar, so it wouldn't exactly be a stretch to take the character in one of the few directions it hasn't yet, regarding a romance with another character.
    I like that we are getting to see Daryl loosen up a bit and not just be the lone wolf survivor guy, but I find it kind of funny that many people seem to predicting a romantic subplot for him. Can't he just befriend a guy who happens to be gay without people just assuming that means Daryl is gay as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean? That they are both outsiders? I think it was an apt comparison. He was more saying, "We're similar because we're both different from our groups" not that "We're both the same personality/skill/ect wise."

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. I will.
    Ahh i see what you're saying. If i recall though, i remember Aaron saying the group fears him in a way but they have got used to him being there and able to trust him. What i want to know is, what is it that they fear? I understand what you're saying though, its a possibility, but from Talking Dead tonight, i feel like he is going to be able to lighten the group up a bit like he did Darryl.

What i want to know is, what is it that they fear?
    That he's gay. That was his whole point about people becoming stupid when they get scared. He was talking about himself and Eric being together.

I like that we are getting to see Daryl loosen up a bit and not just be the lone wolf survivor guy, but I find it kind of funny that many people seem to predicting a romantic subplot for him. Can't he just befriend a guy who happens to be gay without people just assuming that means Daryl is gay as well?
    Yeah definitely. Its not like a wide-spread belief he's going to hook up with Aaron. I literally made up the point on the spot when I made the comment. I just liked the vibe going on between them in the woods.

And I think the romantic subplot is because of what I mentioned earlier. Daryl hasn't really progressed as a character in a while now. I hope he does loosen up, can't be good for Norman Reedus to be scowling constantly.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-03-09 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well I'd have to agree making Daryl gay would kind of ruin the character for me. I'd also have the gnawing thought at the back of my head that Tumblr somehow forced headcanon unto the show. Don't think his sexuality needs to be a topic in general, characters dont need love interests to be great. Only one I could really be comfortable with would be his relationship with Carol, and that's not a lovey-dovey one.

Just let Daryl be Daryl.
    Hey now, Darryl needs somebody to love! You see everyone else with partners and you look at Darryl and your like "Where/Who will be his girl?" I get that he's more of a lone wolf and i understand why. I actually like him talking to Aaron though, hes starting to open up and talk more again instead of being the outsider. He's lost a lot, maybe he doesn't need anyone because of that but it'd be nice to see him happy. Always looking sad :P

- - - Updated - - -

That he's gay. That was his whole point about people becoming stupid when they get scared. He was talking about himself and Eric being together.

Yeah definitely. Its not like a wide-spread belief he's going to hook up with Aaron. I literally made up the point on the spot when I made the comment. I just liked the vibe going on between them in the woods.

And I think the romantic subplot is because of what I mentioned earlier. Daryl hasn't really progressed as a character in a while now. I hope he does loosen up, can't be good for Norman Reedus to be scowling constantly.
    OHH damn i feel stupid, why the hell did i think it was something else!?!? Thanks for clarifying that up for me though. Appreciate it!

OHH damn i feel stupid, why the hell did i think it was something else!?!? Thanks for clarifying that up for me though. Appreciate it!
    Sure thing

If he was indeed gay, a better presentation to me would've been a casual reveal with no build up or relevance at some earlier point that never affected the direction of the show. Just, oh yeah he likes guys, that's cool who cares.
    I think that's perfectly acceptable even now, especially since they've been so blatantly silent on the issue. Doesn't seem like it'd be a fanon thing brought into the show. Especially with Daryl since, once again, the absolute asexuality of Daryl is very striking.

I'm not sure how him being gay would have the show make a statement other than, "There are gay people in the world."