Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    carl will eventually lose something, tho kirkman said it might not be his eye but a different body part. i wouldnt be completely surprised if they made carl lose a hand
    That would be great but instead of a hand it should be the entire arm so its actually as big an impact as the eye. If he loses just a hand he will probably just Ash it and not have a big difference at all.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

how the hell do you lose a arm and survive in the walking dead world. That would be massive body trauma and need instant top medical care with top of the line gear. Hershel losing a foot and not dying was a stretch, but a teenage boy losing an entire arm in a desolate world is too much suspension of belief.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    how the hell do you lose a arm and survive in the walking dead world. That would be massive body trauma and need instant top medical care with top of the line gear. Hershel losing a foot and not dying was a stretch, but a teenage boy losing an entire arm in a desolate world is too much suspension of belief.
    torch it maybe?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

In the real world, yeah. In Hollywood, all you gotta do is utter some tough guy line, take a drink of whiskey, and put a blowtorch to that shit. BAM. Good as new. Merle actually used a stove for that when he lost his hand, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    I got a bad feeling they are going to make Darrel lose his eye instead of Carl... and that makes me really sad and feel bad that they are going to do it to one of the best characters.
    Daryl would look kinda badass with an eyepatch, now that I think about it.

In the walking dead universe when you consider most characters are complete idiots how are any of them alive? Its a show its fantasy losing an arm in fantasy is like getting your hair cut in the real world.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Lol that fast driving police vehicle scene is so taken from World War Z. Also the trailer is kinda meh, the actors seem lame and I don't know, just feels under budget.
    This show seems to be what World War Z was meant to be instead of 2 hours of Brad Pitt saving the world.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so hyped for season 6! Not only do we get that, we get Fear The Walking Dead in August! That'll make the wait for it a little less painful...BUT BRING IT ON!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    In Alexandria they have antibiotics. And if you don't bleed out immediately from a limb loss, infection is your worst enemy. It's absolutely believable that someone could lose a limb and survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    In the walking dead universe when you consider most characters are complete idiots how are any of them alive? Its a show its fantasy losing an arm in fantasy is like getting your hair cut in the real world.
    It's easy to be a backseat driver to the actions of people in a show, but no one really knows what would happen if the apocalypse descended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Lol that fast driving police vehicle scene is so taken from World War Z. Also the trailer is kinda meh, the actors seem lame and I don't know, just feels under budget.
    They are going to have to walk (lol) a fine line with this show. Everyone watching already knows the result, only the individual characters actions really matter. Therefore, they are going to have to pace the show carefully - not too fast so we're to the end of the civilization downfall by episode 3, but not too slowly so that by the end of season 1 people are still trying to figure out where everyone is going.

I'll be watching the show, and very curious to see what the first season ends on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    This show seems to be what World War Z was meant to be instead of 2 hours of Brad Pitt saving the world.
    That movie was an abomination.

I mean, I look at that trailer, and it seems fairly clear to me that Rick is going to walk off a cliff this season (figuratively speaking) and becomes the threat....

Do people think that's misdirection? It seems like it's been set up for awhile now. I know we've had lots of arguments in this thread if Rick is becoming the bad guy....but yeah, that's what this trailer says to me: by the end of the season, Rick is the bad enough that even people like Glenn and Maggie are wary of it.

Like someone pointed out, Glenn has a body count of 0 for real people - so....maybe there's a group split in that way. It might even be why he had that weird notion to go on his little D.C. sidetrip with Abraham, so he could avoid being part of the Church slaughter (from the perspective of the writers who wanted to keep him as "the good guy.")

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, I look at that trailer, and it seems fairly clear to me that Rick is going to walk off a cliff this season (figuratively speaking) and becomes the threat....

Do people think that's misdirection? It seems like it's been set up for awhile now. I know we've had lots of arguments in this thread if Rick is becoming the bad guy....but yeah, that's what this trailer says to me: by the end of the season, Rick is the bad enough that even people like Glenn and Maggie are wary of it.

Like someone pointed out, Glenn has a body count of 0 for real people - so....maybe there's a group split in that way. It might even be why he had that weird notion to go on his little D.C. sidetrip with Abraham, so he could avoid being part of the Church slaughter (from the perspective of the writers who wanted to keep him as "the good guy.")
    It might seem like that from the trailer, but from watching it a couple of times, the context is never clear - and it could be Rick talking to a person from another group threatening Alexandria. To me it seems like another misdirection - similar to what they did for Season 5, trying to make it look like Rick is turning into a bad guy when he's really the one trying to save everyone.

I think it was misdirection, and a lot of what they are saying in the trailer is completely out of context. I think they went as far as they are going to with the "rick is a bad guy" story. I think a lot of this season will be getting to better know the Alexandrites, Morgan reintegrating with the group. Then zombies become a big threat for the first half of the season, and by the end of the second half we get a glimpse of Negan.

Depending on how close they stick to the comics this will likely have to come across as a bit of a filler season. But then next season or two should be insane. The trailer looks intense, but often these are just taking the craziest scenes, juxtapositioning them with ear-grabbing quotes that generally mean very little since they usually all aren't referring to the same thing.

I think as far as Glenn not killing anyone it is more of just coincidence, I imagine if Maggie or someone was in danger he wouldn't hesitate. But he certainly isn't as cavalier as other people in the group that is for sure.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I think it was misdirection, and a lot of what they are saying in the trailer is completely out of context. I think they went as far as they are going to with the "rick is a bad guy" story. I think a lot of this season will be getting to better know the Alexandrites, Morgan reintegrating with the group. Then zombies become a big threat for the first half of the season, and by the end of the second half we get a glimpse of Negan.
    I agree. And don't forget about the Wolf group.

I can definitely see it being misdirection. As someone pointed out, last season's trailer was ridiculously misleading.

But why would they want to misdirect in that way? I feel like it must at least be part of the theme? There definitely seems to be tension between Rick's group and the original Alexandrites.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree. And don't forget about the Wolf group.
    Yea, I am very curious what they are going to do with them, since they weren't in the comics. I actually forgot about them, so my predictions about the season might end up wildly wrong now. Although I must say the last two conclusions to arcs (Termites and hospital) felt both rushed and poorly done for large segments of it, so I really hope the wolves turn out better.

- - - Updated - - -

I can definitely see it being misdirection. As someone pointed out, last season's trailer was ridiculously misleading.

But why would they want to misdirect in that way? I feel like it must at least be part of the theme? There definitely seems to be tension between Rick's group and the original Alexandrites.
    I mean they already did that, and they basically made it conclusive that Rick's way of thinking is now better. I mean I could see small segments of dissenters who don't like new people in charge but if they focus too much on alex vs rick's group it will feel like a repeat of last season.

I don't think they are misdirecting for any particular reason, I think trailers nowadays are all just action+nice quotes none of which necessarily have to do with one another. Because that's what makes the best trailers.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I think they would want to misdirect that way so that people continue to think Rick may in fact slip over the abyss. I agree about the tension, but it was all out of context (or, more accurately, lacking context), so the tension could very well be from something as yet unknown.

I think Faltemer has the basics right - more bonding of Rick and Alexandria people, getting to know more solid, sustaining characters from Alexandria, then the Wolf group and mass zombie attacks, and perhaps at the end a glimpse of Negan.

I think they would want to misdirect that way so that people continue to think Rick may in fact slip over the abyss. I agree about the tension, but it was all out of context (or, more accurately, lacking context), so the tension could very well be from something as yet unknown.

I think Faltemer has the basics right - more bonding of Rick and Alexandria people, getting to know more solid, sustaining characters from Alexandria, then the Wolf group and mass zombie attacks, and perhaps at the end a glimpse of Negan.
    TBH, that would feel more boring and "repetitive" to me than the "Rick falling into the abyss" thing that he nearly did last season before Michonne clocked him. Everything in TWD over the past 5 seasons has been an external threat. Always from outside the group. The closest thing they had to an internal conflict was Carol's actions at the prison, but those were just forgiven whole cloth after being banished/exiled. And ultimately everyone her actions affected is dead, so who cares, amirite? (/sarcasm)

I disagree that it would be too much of a repeat of last season to continue with the internal tension piece. Rick's brush with outright losing it has to lead somewhere - if Alexandria is just fine now that they've suddenly got a Ricktatorship, that's poor writing and not a realistic reaction considering the man was ranting and raving in the streets 2 days ago. Deanna loses her husband and in a moment of incredibly overwhelming emotion, she gives in to Rick - she herself may even be regretting that, the next morning.

Furthermore, I can't see how Morgan arriving lessens that tension considering how zen he is, and how zen he is may directly stem from something Rick told him ("All life is sacred") and that Rick once was.

That movie was an abomination.
    I completely agree, but the book was good.

Deleted
    I don't consider World War Z a zombie movie. Has nothing to do with the book and is just utter crap. I really wish Fear TWD will be a proper, start of pandemic movie. Was waiting for such production for a loooong time, but I don't have my hopes high.

It'll be cool when we finally get to see Negan on the show, but I hope we figure out some way to not butcher his lines. No "F Bombs" on TV. That may be why we haven't seen him yet.

Other than that, I guess it's just a matter of getting someone to play him. Henry Rollins seems to be a pretty popular guess. I also read somewhere that Negan in the comic was actually inspired by him. He definitely looks the part too.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree, but the book was good.
    Totally agree. The book was fantastic. My wife can't understand why I've read it like five times.