The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye Daryl
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/29...motorcycle-amc

So with that heart attack inducing intro, I should say that the article (and my logic) assert there is enough downtime in TWD filming to do this project.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Goodbye Daryl
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/29...motorcycle-amc

So with that heart attack inducing intro, I should say that the article (and my logic) assert there is enough downtime in TWD filming to do this project.
    did you read the article?

nd that sound you hear is fans now freaking out that the announcement of the new series means Daryl is about to be killed off on The Walking Dead. (They shouldn’t fret: There is plenty of time during the show’s hiatus each year for Reedus to film the new show while still slaying walkers with his crossbow.)
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    did you read the article?
    Yes. Did you read my post?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    -snip-.
    Narratively, what they could be going for with Morgan is hoping that you hate him after the invasion of Alexandria, and that they then reel you back in by showing what he went through, and you understand his point of view better. It's a tall order, because societal norms aren't pacifist and promote self-defense even in normal situations, let alone the zombie apocalypse, so it'll be hard, in general, for people to understand that viewpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Narratively, what they could be going for with Morgan is hoping that you hate him after the invasion of Alexandria, and that they then reel you back in by showing what he went through, and you understand his point of view better. It's a tall order, because societal norms aren't pacifist and promote self-defense even in normal situations, let alone the zombie apocalypse, so it'll be hard, in general, for people to understand that viewpoint.
    Especially with the omniscient viewers knowing the results of his pacifism that maybe he hasn't even seen the extent of. I'm going to watch the episode with an open mind, like all episodes, but I'm not going to suddenly be like 'omg he's totally right, save all humans'....I may be like..aww, so sad for Morgan the Monk, now get your head straight this is no time for meditation!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong: I love character development episodes. But there are times where they just don't fit. Right now we have high octane episodes with a lot of tension and a big fucking cliffhanger with Glen and they take all of the tempo out if it with this back story. If they do it well it can work out great but it's gonna be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, give me a Morgan episode any other time than now, worst timing.

Well you're gona stick around and keep watching to see what happened to Glenn. So I'm gona say they planned this out already and it worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well you're gona stick around and keep watching to see what happened to Glenn. So I'm gona say they planned this out already and it worked.
    Like people are suddenly gonna stop watching. It's a really really strong season so far and it's only been 3 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Like people are suddenly gonna stop watching. It's a really really strong season so far and it's only been 3 episodes.
    which was my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Down with the Reverend! >.> <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Eh? That makes zero sense. I'm going to watch it because I watch the show, nothing to do with Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Eh? That makes zero sense. I'm going to watch it because I watch the show, nothing to do with Glenn.
    My comment wasnt directed at your specific feelings on the walking dead and why you choose to watch the show its more a general statement about the use of cliffhangers to engage your audience and encouraging retaining viewership by building suspense and leaving conflict unresolved so you tune in next week! Thats all folks...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    he's not pacifistic....he does not want to kill. He's perfectly prepared to use force for defense though and does so repeatedly.
    Pretty reasonable if you ask me.

I like Morgan, wish Rick would get killed, but thats not going to happen, he's just annoying as hell, stupid and gets everyone killed with his stupidity. Also the actor sucks, has one moody look and thats it.

I've read the comics, I really want to tell you guys stuff that will flip your shit lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've read the comics, I really want to tell you guys stuff that will flip your shit lol
    This is a spoiler thread, and the comic is separate from the show so I don't see a reason you can't talk about it, I'd wager a good deal of the people in this thread have read the comics too, or at least read up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    This is a spoiler thread, and the comic is separate from the show so I don't see a reason you can't talk about it, I'd wager a good deal of the people in this thread have read the comics too, or at least read up on them.
    Yeah. I don't really consider comic stuff spoiler anyway, since things that happen in the comic don't necessarily happen in the show. Daryl and Merle don't even exist in the comic, for example. Also Andrea is still alive and is Rick's girlfriend, Carol died back at the prison and never became a badass but her daughter is still alive, etc.

Or sometimes the same thing happens to different characters. like how Bob ended up losing his leg and doing the "TAINTED MEEEEEEEEAT" scene when Dale was the one who did that in the comic.

Like I said earlier, I see the comic as a parallel universe kind of thing, where you have the same people and the same world, but things don't always play out in the same way. I'm sure Negan will come along in the show, and the whole Lucille scene will probably happen, but the victim may be someone different.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-10-30 at 03:17 AM.

Why are all the walls on Alexandria braced from the outside but not inside. I would think they would withstand a force pushing against it from the outside better if they were braced inside.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    For the most part I would say abstaining from comic spoilers is best. If there is a good specific reason to tie something from the comics to show then sure, but discussing future events just for the hell of it seems rude to people who dont read the comics (I do). We talked about Alexandria some before they got there, because it was clear cut what was occuring and we talked about possible differences/changes already/etc.

So discuss it if you want, I would just say if you just bring it up to "flip peoples shit" then that's not really the point of this thread.

Apparently this person could be playing Negan, very low chance of actually being Negan, but could be.

Garrett Dillahunt
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed