The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If the 2nd half of the season is just one more day, I think I might lose my mind.
    Why? Haven't you liked what they've done so far with the season?

(and keep in mind that the first half wasn't just one day)

the first half of the season was godawful outside of episodes 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why? Haven't you liked what they've done so far with the season?

(and keep in mind that the first half wasn't just one day)
    I like some of it. I think the Glenn thing is a copout. And I definitely think they spread out the "same day from many different perspectives" schtick over way too many episodes.

I haven't had too many complaints yet. I just didn't like the timing of the Morgan episode or the way Glenn's "death" was handled. I also used to like Morgan a lot more than I do after the stupidity he's shown this season, so there is that.

But otherwise...it hasn't been _that_ bad, I think. We got off to a pretty good start, but then the Glenn thing and Morgan's episode came right next to each other and fucked it up a little for me. I still think this season can be salvaged pretty easily if the second half turns out to be awesome. We know Negan is coming, so we can still look forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    We know Negan is coming, so we can still look forward to that.
    My main complaint is that I think they've already ruined it.

The big part with Neegan & the Saviors/Wolves for me was that 'everyone but Rick's group' knew about them and how bad they were, but tricked Rick into standing up for them... the show's deviated from that and just made them another random aggressor.

I'm also kinda seeing some "blurred lines" between the Saviours and the Whisperers, mainly Carl's love interest in the show shares some similar dialogue to his love interest in the Whisperers. Which makes me wonder if they plan on abandoning that storyline entirely as "unsuitable for TV adaptation".

You know mother!#$ing bloody!@#$ well that !@#$ing Neegan's !@#$ing colorful !@#$ing language will have to be !@#$ing toned down a !@#$ton just to !@#$ing be able to air on !@##$ing TV. Which, even though I'm not a fan of violence/offense for titillation's sake, is certainly a big part of "who Neegan is".

And the whole deal with Glenn was just stupid. Unlike Beth, which was just a stupid death, Glenn's soap opera story helped ruin the tension of any future deaths. If you're gonna be a show that kills its main characters, you can't be faking out on it. You can only sacrifice your integrity once, and then noone trusts you.

Was just rewatching a dexter episode, small spoiler he smashes someone's head in brutally, but you never really see the head. Just the smashing hammer, and dexters face as blood splatters against it.

and it got me thinking that's almost certainly how they would do negans if they keep it. It kept the brutality at the attackers face could show the glee and lack of remorse, the killing would be clear, and all the blood would make it unquestionable what happened. Brings a little hope to me, that at least some of what makes negan negan could b mostly kept as is.

I just know it's going to be Daryl.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last season after the second episode was god awful

Two more weeks. It'll be nice having something to watch on Sunday nights for a little while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see how many people will be fooled by obvious plots like Glenns 'dying'. They better make good this half because the first half was a disappointment.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't have much faith for this season. The producers decision to bait the audience with glenns "death" (now they have undermined all future death scenes as well) really makes me question the direction and arc of this season and the general quality if they're having to resort to that kinda shit in the writers room.

I only hope the show picks up some steam again next season because I do really enjoy the show when its at its best.

Yeah, the bait on Glenn's death is bad news bear for any serious fan of the show - and I qualify "serious" simply as meaning "concerned about the storytelling" of the show. It has somehow gained mass appeal in the broader audience for the shockingness of it supposedly happening, and then the relief of it being undone, but it's purely a gimmick for the dumb and unthinking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, the bait on Glenn's death is bad news bear for any serious fan of the show - and I qualify "serious" simply as meaning "concerned about the storytelling" of the show. It has somehow gained mass appeal in the broader audience for the shockingness of it supposedly happening, and then the relief of it being undone, but it's purely a gimmick for the dumb and unthinking.
    Yeah its like they saw the success Donald Trump was having with idiots so they thought, shit sign us up, people will eat that stuff up. Next season we can expect 12 year old girls dressed as the American flag singing about freedom and negotiating from strength.

Next season Trump joins the cast and attempts to cast doubt on Rick's leadership abilities by stating he's not American and asking him to produce a birth certificate. The midseason finale ends with him trying to deport Rosita to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Next season Trump joins the cast and attempts to cast doubt on Rick's leadership abilities by stating he's not American and asking him to produce a birth certificate. The midseason finale ends with him trying to deport Rosita to Mexico.
    Trump: We need to build a wall.
    Alexandrians: NO SHIT!

...I don't think they're gonna get the walkers to pay for it though. :|
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-01-31 at 11:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

...I don't think they're gonna get the walkers to pay for it though. :|
    Walkers might get off easy under Trump, they wouldn't be a minority group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Starting to think that this:

Not only had a more interesting "plot", but also a more interesting plot then walking dead =X
    The hell is that from ><

I've also thought it'd be cool if a walker manages to "resist" a little bit, by managing a few words or snatches of memory. I remember reading that Jon Bernthal wanted Shane to be the only walker in the show with a line ("Riiiiiick.....") after he turned, but the writers shot him down on that. I actually would've liked to see that.
    You mean like the first season when the walkers were smarter?

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    You mean like the first season when the walkers were smarter?
    Walkers have never been smart, and walkers can't talk, and the writers were right to prevent Shane from talking, rules gotta be consistent.

Well not talking but S1 walkers had memories and were generally smarter like Morgans wife turning door knobs or the little girl picking up teddy and walkers could climb and pick up stuff to break windows. So it hasnt been consistent anyway