Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I feel bad for the actors, even though most people still enjoyed the episode, the fact that the chimps that run this show had the need to cliffhanger such a moment is causing the audience and journalist to pretty much slander the episode. Which in part I'm VERY glad, because those idiots deserve it, but it's also a shame because the performance from everyone in this episode was on point.
    in my opinion, if i take away all my personal feelings on it and look at it from what my pov would be if i was working on this show i somewhat sympathize with them.

i feel this wasnt a writer decision, or a kirkman decision, but an amc decision.

walking dead is the most popular show in america, and its one of the most popular shows in the world, that comes with a price.

in season 2 amc forced the writers to stay on the farm to lower costs (which caused alot of people to quit)

they didnt kill off the governor in the season 3 finale because of how popular he was as a character.

its pretty likely the first half of this season was so slow because of how much building alexandria cost.

and then this, one of the best scenes ever, the one that basically made negan the superstar villain he was in his first appearance, was milked for money. in my opinion the negan scene is comparable to jason todds death in terms of just how amazing/impactful at the time it was for the walking dead.

as long as american tv is funded by ads, the writers will never be in full control, the more popular your show is the less control you have.

for example, look at hannibal. it survived for 3 seasons purely because it was so cheap that despite its terrible ratings 3 seasons in a row it was able to survive as a passion project/critical trophy for the network and serves as possible one of the best adaptions of all time and pushed the boundries of what was allowed on cable television more than almost any show.

in my honest opinion, had walking dead not exploded the way it did in season 2/3 when it got really really huge, there wouldnt have been a cliffhanger ending. we wouldve gotten the negan headbashing.

its kind of bittersweet.

on one hand, its popularity means for people like me, who likes shows like the simpsons, doctor who, ect because they DONT end, it means walking dead will probably go on forever (or atleast as close to forever as you can get in this industry)

but on the other you get a watered down product from time to time because money talks
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I just hope in 6 months' time, people remember this and choose not to tune in for season 7. The only way this shit stops is if we fuck them back every time they do it. They take the audience for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Also, people who are complaining about the cliffhanger, suck it up. Its fucking TV and happens with nearly every season finale.
    Game of thrones says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I just hope in 6 months' time, people remember this and choose not to tune in for season 7. The only way this shit stops is if we fuck them back every time they do it. They take the audience for granted.
    there might be a dip, but walking dead is too popular, too many people like the show
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

My bet is on Daryl. They foreshadowed Dwight learning how to use his crossbow and everything, and he would take it like a champ.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So while he was busy being a smarmy frakface and insulting all of the viewers, this little gem slipped by:
    Presenting what occurs, to show what happened in full force, is the beginning of the next story.

But to the showing of [the beating]… It’s an incredible work of gore by Charlie Adlard in the book. How we show that on TV? I’m certain we’ll be pushing some boundaries with it.
    So....let's take bets now. Outright lie and misdirection to get people back for S7 premier, or are they going to 'go there'? I'm going with misdirection and we won't really see anything.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Game of thrones says hi.
    game of thrones is a premium network where live views dont matter and its survival isnt predicated on ad revenue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Keep dreaming. There're only 2 possible scenario's:

1) People will watch regardless of shitty clifhangers, ratings stay high enough to keep producing the show, until 2).

2) Ratings drop to levels below what producers need to keep it alive, and the show gets cancelled (FlashForward anyone?).

My money is on 1) for another season or 2 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    And I bet they will kill someone like Aaron just to avoid killing a key character. Just think about it, imagine if this episode ended with Aaron being beaten to death? It would end up being a horrible ending and nobody would be shocked. By not revealing who got killed, they did this stupid cliffhanger, only to disappoint at the start of the next season with that dude dead.
    Yeah, that would be even more lame than the cliffhanger was. I mean...don't get me wrong, Aaron is a cool character. But I think the victim has to be someone who has been around since the beginning and is close to Rick (like Glenn or Daryl). Even if it's someone like Abraham or Eugene, that still wouldn't really work for me.

I think it's Abraham, the others already looked broken whereas Abraham was squaring up to Negan /Trevor showing no fear. So i think Negan see's Abraham as a potential problem maker who won't play ball in the scenario that they've been offered and wants to eliminate that threat and show the rest of the group the price of defiance.

At least that's how i see it. Eliminate Rick's right hand man of that small group, that will have the most effect on whether the group will play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So while he was busy being a smarmy frakface and insulting all of the viewers, this little gem slipped by:

So....let's take bets now. Outright lie and misdirection to get people back for S7 premier, or are they going to 'go there'? I'm going with misdirection and we won't really see anything.
    tbh, i wouldnt be surprised if they put it on the blu ray, almost nobody buys blu rays anymore so theyve been putting more and more goodies on the blu rays to intice the few people who do (and then big collection sets to make those who do REBUY them)

theyre already going to film almost all of negans scenes twice just to get people to buy the blu ray, i wouldnt be surprised if the "original" version of this scene, with the swearing and profanity also includes the full beating with all the gore.

although that would mean all the talks of not knowing who it was ect ect were lies, which i think are whether this happens or not, theres no way they dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    game of thrones is a premium network where live views dont matter and its survival isnt predicated on ad revenue
    I would counter this with saying Hannibal which is a more fair comparison 'basic network. 18-40 demo market' but that got cancelled so maybe there is some truth to pulling these rating whore tricks to keep those Donald Trump voters coming back and tuning into your show.

I HOPE THEY HAVE MORE ASSAULT RIFLES NEXT SEASON AND BUILD A BIGGER WALL.

Haha fuck me that is a bad cliffhanger. Any and all emotional impact this could have had, is already gone, and it will for sure be gone by season 7.

I already dont care who got killed, im already fine with it beeing anyone that was present, by the time season 7 comes, a hell of alot more people will also be fine with whoever it may be.

Now Im sure some people were screeming at their TV because someone died, but imagine how many more would have screamed if we actually saw it. Reaction videos is certanly a thing on youtube now a days, my bet is 90% it it will end in "What the fuck is this bullshit", instead of tears and screams, which it should have fucking been if they had done this correctly.

I will happily continue to pirate this show when season 7 comes. And every other TV show that airs on channels where ratings is more important than good TV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    Haha fuck me that is a bad cliffhanger. Any and all emotional impact this could have had, is already gone, and it will for sure be gone by season 7.

I already dont care who got killed, im already fine with it beeing anyone that was present, by the time season 7 comes, a hell of alot more people will also be fine with whoever it may be.

Now Im sure some people were screeming at their TV because someone died, but imagine how many more would have screamed if we actually saw it. Reaction videos is certanly a thing on youtube now a days, my bet is 90% it it will end in "What the fuck is this bullshit", instead of tears and screams, which it should have fucking been if they had done this correctly.

I will happily continue to pirate this show when season 7 comes. And every other TV show that airs on channels where ratings is more important than good TV.
    I've never watched a single episode live.

I don't even own a TV.

Feels good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I've never watched a single episode live.

I don't even own a TV.

Feels good, man.
    /hi five.

All these people moaning about ads, and I havent watched ads (other than movie theater) for years. I would have killed someone IRL if I had watched that finale with all the ads also.

And I echo the statements I don't care who dies. At this point in the series everyone except Rick, Carl, Daryl will have a turn.

Deleted
    I hope they kill off Michonne or Sasha, just for the sake of outrage.

Black AND female

Oh my!

As much as I would like to see another twitter meltdown I actually like Michonne and Sasha. They are interesting characters/actresses that don't get enough screen time as usual. Plus sasha is hot.

AMC = Always More Cliffhangers

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I hope they kill off Michonne or Sasha, just for the sake of outrage.

Black AND female

Oh my!
    AND by a White Man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    AND by a White Man.
    Ohhh shiiiiit.

Can we retcon Sasha to be secretly gay?