10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    But they took a shot ... the satellite station. The really bad part is where Negan's men walk around with rifles and shit while he has a roleplay bat. And nobody challenged him. Or just killed him in his sleep.
    Cult of personality. Not to go all Godwin but Hitler could generally walk around unarmed and not care being shot at every corner, at least until it started going to shit.

Yeah I donno why people are having such a hard time with Negan.

He's a cult leader. And anybody who doesn't buy into his bullshit are either enslaved or don't have any power to stop him.

"We are all Negan" was said for a reason. The loyal Saviors who are high up in the command chain (Except for Dwight) have bought into Negan's "We've pulled the world back from the brink" nonsense.

They're probably setting up Dwight for the turncoat role. Will he get Lucille'd or real redemption story? Stay tuned for the second half of the season!
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-29 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    Can they please stop with the one character focus episodes, they are nice as a one off but not back to back to back
    Yep. It's not terrible, if it's a character you really like and it's actually interesting. None of this shit has been interesting enough for Carol or Daryl or Maryl or Tara or Maggie to carry their own episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Tara's big floppies weren't hidden very well. Mommy fat very evident.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Wow, that was one very-very boring episode...

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    If someone dies in the mid season finale I might be done with the show.
    If the mid season finale is going the way I think it's going, then it might make people rejoice

It seems that next weeks episode, as well as the mid season finale are both extended episodes (an hour and a half each).

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    this is the mentality of the show ever since scott gimple took over. as i said in a previous post:

Season begins with something big!
    Rest of the first half is "character development" or some unecessary stuff (fuck you prison virus! fuck you!)
    Mid season finale = everything comes together

then:

Mid season premiere = continuation of said backlash
    most of 2nd part of season = continuation of plot to move things along and get to important part needed and end on a cliffhanger.

so to make the long story short.... as long as gimple is on, expect this layout until he's replaced.
    Gimple really is a fucking tool and needs to be replaced. Anytime they go off book they grab the worst C level actors to come in for piss poor performances and then he rejoices at the fact that they shoot an episode in 8 days. That is nothing to brag about lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oceanside:So the story behind them is that Negan killed all their males above the age of 10 and they became subjects of Negan but 1 day just left? I don't buy it.

Unless they only had a handful of men, Negan doesn't wipe out entire settlements. Even if they went to war with Negan, he would've never left the survivors out of his sight,which leads to another point.

The Saviors have scouts all over, how does an entire settlement, a sizable one at that, just up an vanish from a group that out numbers and out guns them. Dwight couldn't escape, they hawked down Dwight's buddy, people don't just vanish from them. And Oceanside somehow left with a shit ton of guns and resources? I'd buy that they were on the run if they didn't look like they've been there for a while. Their settlement was better than Alexandria.

Negan and the Saviors: I think the shows own perfectionism is ruining what the Saviors are. Negan's WAS Rick before Negan accepted the role of villain. Negan started as a good dude using his skills to protect others in exchange for others "home building" like how Rick was to Alexandria before the Herd and how Rick was going to be to Hilltop. Negan is a result of wrong place wrong time, going to the point where you can't return. The show has done nothing but show Negan as a bat wielding sociopath (which his is) but fails as depicting his parallels to Rick.

The Saviors aren't well defined either, leaving you to wonder why they follow Negan. The Saviors are a huge mix of personalities and the stuff you learned about in sociology. You have your nasty bandits who are just bad people. They have no problem following Negan as long as Negan remains ruthless, and in a way Negan keeps them in line. Then you have those who aren't didn't start off as bad people (like Negan - or Heath's rant) where they see being ruthless as a survival tactic is a dog eat dog world. Then you have the broken people like Dwight (also explains Rick's mentality) who fall in line to to protect someone from the Saviors of every thing has been taken from them and they went down the road of complacency instead of death. The sucks at explaining anything about the Saviors.

Alexandrians: I don't mind them being defiant (which is weird because they were weak except for Rick's circle before Negan but whatever) but it's stupid defiance. It would make sense if they doing in solidarity to Rick, seeing why Rick is holding back to protect them and his family, so they pick up the slack because he has fought for them. Instead we see a bunch of bitter people who (like Heather said) can't see past their own problems.

Writers:This show is getting in its own way. People love Tara because Tara is still a "real" person in all of this. You have the top tier (Ricks inner circle and the Saviors who might as well be super heroes at this point) the unrealistically weak (half the people in Alexandria and Hilltop), Tara is the only average person left. She has learned from her experiences but still clumsy. She isn't a master melee combatant, some sulking badass TV trope, she is someone who still has to put on one shoe at a time. She was the first one in a long time who actually seemed like they were in danger when faced with zombies or potential human killers. She was actual out of breath after running for a life.

Also how come now of these people are suffering from dysentery, gangrene, parasites, dehydration, etc. I need to see someone with explosive diarrhea.

The writers seem like they are adopting the Netflix format made for marathon watch, you can have 16 episodes with a bunch of standalones with that format. It doesn't work on regular TV and pisses people off who follow weekly. The show would be great on Netflix but we know that will never happen, AMC would turn the show into Z Nation before they let Netflix get it.

And the sand zombies made absolutely no sense unless the people from that settlement pop up somewhere else. How the hell do you have time to bury that many zombies but everyone still dies? What?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-12-01 at 08:55 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The ratings for this show haven't been doing well so far. This week alone they lost half a million viewers, bringing them back to season 3 numbers:

http://tvweb.com/walking-dead-season...gs-since-2012/

10+ Year Old Account
    It deserves those drops.

If it leads to gimple losing his job then good

Deleted
    While playing games the walking dead was my background noise.... And I really fail to see why the dead are needed in this show. Why is this show about "strong groups" and "hardliners". In season 6 I hear negan negan negan.... And I know he is as boring as all other characters in this show. The plot is so weak, it only relies on human vs human.

I am so... bored. I hope my netflix sub was worth anything after this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Check out this thread then if you want to use your subscription to watch something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    While playing games the walking dead was my background noise.... And I really fail to see why the dead are needed in this show. Why is this show about "strong groups" and "hardliners". In season 6 I hear negan negan negan.... And I know he is as boring as all other characters in this show. The plot is so weak, it only relies on human vs human.

Balance is all that is needed.

Zombies being nothing but mild annoyances - or, in some really unintelligent moments of the show, a silent ambush killing machine to get an outdated character out - is part of what is making me lose interest in the show.

Adding that to the over-focus on Human-on-Human interaction; Thrown in a really shitty episode\season formula that is clearly milking the hell outta our titties.
    It's just looking rather grim, at least in my house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast this next episode will be great. After last week wtfisevenhappening.jpg

Let's take bets on how much of the episode will be filler.

I'm going to say it'll be about 30 minutes of Jesus and Carl sneaking around accomplishing nothing until Carl does an approximation of his thing from the comic. Then we'll cut to Jesus for another 30 minutes before we find out what happens to Carl.

Negan will ramble on for another 10-15 and at the end an important thing will happen.

So in total, about 20 minutes of actual content.

You could also exchange the Jesus stuff for Rick and Aaron, since they were shown doing something in the preview.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-03 at 05:14 AM.

I am looking forward to it also their fashion

I hope Carl gets rid of his hat at some point, it just looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I hope Carl gets rid of his hat at some point, it just looks ridiculous.
    Or get a haircut
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle