Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    And I hate how little role the walkers had in this season so far, they are nothing but a background nuisance at this point. Though this has been a case for a while, the walkers were only really threatening in the first 2 seasons and arguably in the first half of season 3.
    Because at this point anyone still alive knows how to deal with walkers. Their threat level has been decreasing season by season, at this point unless there is a herd of walkers they aren't dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    What I meant is the Saviors as the same organization. If Negan was killed, the Saviors would not be able to hold control over 3+ encampments. Of course they have a nice camp themselves, a lot of people and supplies, they are not going to disappear overnight, but infighting would start pretty quickly, and the other camps would rebel pretty quickly as soon as they saw the infighting.
    Why would there be in fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Because at this point anyone still alive knows how to deal with walkers. Their threat level has been decreasing season by season, at this point unless there is a herd of walkers they aren't dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -
    There are still people who cant deal with like some Alexadrians and Hilltop maybe even kingdom people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I don´t read the comics, but doesn´t Dwight take over and just turn the Saviors into another group that follows Rick?
    To a degree he does.
    But when he does his wife takes over and turns out to be less of the nice person she looks like in the TV-show currently...
    I mean even Negan knows she always was an opportunist; which he teases Dwight with all the time actually.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    kinda liked the episode. not killing Rosita is a weird move but oh well.
    starting to like Gabriel more and more, they at least did a nice job on his arc imo.

Darryl reuniting with the group is nice and all but what do they think is gonna happen ? Negan comes home and is just gonna say "meh" when he notices Darryl is gone ?
    or is that the supposed "war spark", them refusing to give up Darryl again so war begins.

I'm not sure why people keep being surprised that Negan doesn't kill the person who attacks him or tries to damage him.

He's been consistent the entire time.

He punishes somebody else, obviously so that the person who DID the thing feels guilty and has to live with the knowledge that they are at fault. I mean they punctuate this completely transparently with them giving a picture of Glenn's corpse to Daryl.

Not only does that remove another member of the opposition, but also is pretty devastating psychological warfare against the person who did the thing. We've heard Norman Reedus say that Daryl is intricately worried that Maggie blames him, and now Rosita very clearly feels responsible for Eugene's fate.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'm not sure why people keep being surprised that Negan doesn't kill the person who attacks him or tries to damage him.

He's been consistent the entire time.

He punishes somebody else, obviously so that the person who DID the thing feels guilty and has to live with the knowledge that they are at fault. I mean they punctuate this completely transparently with them giving a picture of Glenn's corpse to Daryl.

Not only does that remove another member of the opposition, but also is pretty devastating psychological warfare against the person who did the thing. We've heard Norman Reedus say that Daryl is intricately worried that Maggie blames him, and now Rosita very clearly feels responsible for Eugene's fate.
    good point, that explains the Rosita bit, hadn't realised it but you're right yes, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    good point, that explains the Rosita bit, hadn't realised it but you're right yes, cheers
    Yup yup, that's his entire shtick. Psychological warfare. Cult leader and such.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    There are still people who cant deal with like some Alexadrians and Hilltop maybe even kingdom people
    True, but anyone who can't deal stays inside their settlements walls away form the dead.

I'm not sure why people keep being surprised
    Not only does that remove another member of the opposition, but also is pretty devastating psychological warfare against the person who did the thing.
    He hasnt, he actually rewarded Corl with speghetti and a free uber ride home. Negan should be able to tell who wont change their attitude and just kill them. Pointless killing Olivia and Glenn since theres little chance they would rise up

He hasnt, he actually rewarded Corl with speghetti and a free uber ride home. Negan should be able to tell who wont change their attitude and just kill them. Pointless killing Olivia and Glenn since theres little chance they would rise up
    You do realize the Carl stuff was ultimately a thing against Rick, right? Even so he shamed Carl more than he's ever been shamed before.

Deleted
    Well;
    - Glenn did show signs of rising when Negan spoke to Maggy...
    - Olivia just happened... he even admitted she wouldn't be his choice of victim

You do realize the Carl stuff was ultimately a thing against Rick, right? Even so he shamed Carl more than he's ever been shamed before.
    Well I actually think he is trying to get Carl to choose him as his fatherly figure; might be due to the lack of a "heir".
    He has an interesting obsession with Carl in the comics too after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well;

Well I actually think he is trying to get Carl to choose him as his fatherly figure; might be due to the lack of a "heir".
    Yeah that as well. I never understood that about Negan, even in the comic, but yeah.

My immediate thought is that he is mostly interested in Carl because he's Rick's son.

Who are the candidates on who the Boot Man is? the gun dude on the house boat?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Well;

I think he is fascinated by and jealous of the Alexandrian, Rick's circle at least. They had the audacity (though naive) to take out an entire Negan outpost in one night. They are obviously very strong and close knit. Even after Negan fed two of them to Lucille, he can see that they still have fire in their bellies. Unlike Hilltop, unlike the Kingdom, unlike many of the Saviors. They've already tried to kill Negan, twice. Even Rick looks at Negan sideways and was only falling in line because he didn't have a plan yet.

Every time Negan sees Rick and friends all Negan can remember is the bleak life he goes back to. Rick lives houses and picket fences, there's babies, children, a real sense of family and community. Negan lives in a factory surrounded by zombies among a bunch of thugs, people who hate his guts and people too weak to not fall in line. To Negan the grass is greener on the other side.

Also Carl is like the prodigal son of the world. The adults had to adapt to the world. Carl grew up in it, molded by it. Walkers are like annoying gnats to him. He is used to nasty people, death, killing, murder. Everyone is trying to hold on to their old humanity, Carl barely spent half his life in the apocalypse. Negan ain't nothing but a name to him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Let's hope next half is worth more than watching the first and last couple episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Let's hope next half is worth more than watching the first and last couple episodes.
    Unlikely, this is the walking dead after all.

did i miss rick and crew hatching a plan? because with daryl escaping and killing one of negans guys, its obvious negan is going to suspect rick and crew. and that seems like something negan will find out in the same day as the last episode. does that mean that maybe the very beginning of the 2nd half will be action packed?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Yeah that as well. I never understood that about Negan, even in the comic, but yeah.
    It all goes back to the psych warfare. You take away what someone loves the most.. for Rick it is Corral. Same as with Dwight and his wife.

I think he'd love to convert Corral and turn him against Rick. Even the idea of showing Rick he can take his son whenever he wants is probably a power trip for him. Failing that line of logic, maybe Negan had a son before the apocalypse and Corral fills that void for him?