I am so used to these sort of dramas being on HBO I was like "Maggie's boobs, finally!" and then remembered it was AMC. Sigh at American puritanical nonsense! I still have so many issues with this show, but the first half of this season has been much, much better than season 2. Hoping the midseason finale next week is good.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    What do you guys actually want to see in this show?
    Better dialogue that at least reflects having a writer with a brain is about my only wish for the show. My other wish was a dead Lori which was finally granted although now there is a damn baby to deal with which is just the worst thing to possibly happen to this show if that kid doesn't end up getting eaten by zombies or taken out similar to the comic.

Oh ya, I'd also like to see some common damn sense out of the characters in the show. At the prison, stop letting the walkers build up outside the fence presenting a threat. Once a day go out there and rattle the fence so they all come to you and then take all of three minutes to stab all of them in the head. When you go into the woods after exiting the vehicle in this episode, don't leave that walker up behind you that is literally 10 feet from the car. If you are going to carry a sword that is going to one shot the walker in about .01 seconds, whip it out, take 5 steps, and stab. The walkers are such a laughable threat on the show because literally the only way to die is to panic and run into a pack rather than just killing the damn things in an orderly fashion. Get an axe, kill them all and stop having people randomly getting bitten because you were too lazy to take 5 minutes and clear the walker build up every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    The way you all complain about episodes, I just wonder why you even watch the show but to just find reasons to complain about something. What do you guys actually want to see in this show? The way some people describe episodes in this thread is depressing, its almost like they are saying it is a waste of their time.

5.3m views 1st season Episode 1
    7.26m views 2nd season Episode 1
    10.87m views 3rd season Episode 1

The people have spoken, stop complaining and just watch and enjoy

/end rant
    So people cant express their opinion and complain about something but you can complain about people complaining makes sense........

My GF and I bonded over this show... we fucking adore it. I'm getting her a custom made TWD cake for her birthday this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    So people cant express their opinion and complain about something but you can complain about people complaining makes sense........
    Just ignore it, don't add fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    My GF and I bonded over this show... we fucking adore it. I'm getting her a custom made TWD cake for her birthday this year!
    That sounds awesome, what are your ideas so far on what it will look like? Also if you do, take photos and post them here

I decided to search "walking dead cake" and found these gems.

Excited for the mid-season finale and having a small event for it with friends
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-28 at 09:57 PM.

Daryl is the sole reason i watch this show, His awesome is so awesome that glenn picked up some awesome. His awesome is so powerful his bow was never run out of arrows, his bike now runs on his awesome, and carol lived because is wants to shallow his awesome.

If he ever gets taken down by walkers i expect 1 of 2 things.

1) He becomes a Super Sayain and destorys all the walkers in the world with lazor eye beams

2) That will be the last episode because the rest of the gang cant go on without his awesome.

So far we have seen him eat every critter that has crossed his path. I expect to see him fighting a bear in one scene, then slow roasting it in the next.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Oh man is it like soundtrack for season 3 or was it for the previous ones too?
    Well, I don't remember it in the previous seasons, so probably for season 3.
    I might be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I am so used to these sort of dramas being on HBO I was like "Maggie's boobs, finally!" and then remembered it was AMC. Sigh at American puritanical nonsense!
    YES! we want our basic television packages to have woman who dont mind having their privates being shown around!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Daryl is the sole reason i watch this show, His awesome is so awesome that glenn picked up some awesome. His awesome is so powerful his bow was never run out of arrows, his bike now runs on his awesome, and carol lived because is wants to shallow his awesome.

If he ever gets taken down by walkers i expect 1 of 2 things.

1) He becomes a Super Sayain and destorys all the walkers in the world with lazor eye beams

2) That will be the last episode because the rest of the gang cant go on without his awesome.

So far we have seen him eat every critter that has crossed his path. I expect to see him fighting a bear in one scene, then slow roasting it in the next.
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Finally got around to watching last weeks episode. Was a bit different. I like how they're using certain characters for certain things, especially Carl. His character has improved greatly since last season. I'm hoping this first confrontation with the governor comes to some resolution before the hiatus. I wonder if Rick will get captured? maybe

I'm beyond tired of the Governor already. Here's hoping he has a breaking bad character change & let's loose his evil side. I never get tired of Merle, however, he's awesome and I can't wait for him and Daryl to reunite (we've never seen them together!).

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.
    Hahahah. Lol'd good and hard at this one.

Stealing this for sig.

Lot's of Daryl love which is good to see, but he's a wildcard. Who knows what he'll do with his bother back in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm beyond tired of the Governor already. Here's hoping he has a breaking bad character change & let's loose his evil side. I never get tired of Merle, however, he's awesome and I can't wait for him and Daryl to reunite (we've never seen them together!).

The actor who plays Governor unlike Michael Rooker is boring as hell. He has opinion of being one of the worst actors out there, no idea why he got the part.

every season this show gets better and better.

did you see the way glen took out that walker @_@ that was straight up nerd power right there guys.

glen and daryl are my favorite characters i hope glen doesnt die @_@ i wouldnt care that much about maggie dying but let glen live
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Great show, will Carol's hair ever grow though.

***SPOILERS***

Who thinks rick will get his arm cut of like in the comicf (dont know how to do a spoilers black out)
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-01 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    ***SPOILERS***

Who thinks rick will get his arm cut of like in the comicf (dont know how to do a spoilers black out)

Honestly I don't think so, kinda think Merle already took that away. Probably would be kinda problematic/expensive? to drag rick without hand for next seasons. That's why I also think once they get out of prison Hershel gonna bite the dust.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-01 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    ***SPOILERS***

I very, very, highly doubt it. The only reason it got cut off in the comics was because he wasn't expecting it, with no way to defend himself. In the show they are going in ready to attack, so unless his arm gets shot off, he isn't losing it.

At this point in the show, they are going so far off from the comics it is near impossible to predict what will happen.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-01 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I very, very, highly doubt it. The only reason it got cut off in the comics was because he wasn't expecting it, with no way to defend himself. In the show they are going in ready to attack, so unless his arm gets shot off, he isn't losing it.

At this point in the show, they are going so far off from the comics it is near impossible to predict what will happen.
    thats how i like it though its close enough that it doesnt feel like an entirely different thing but its distant enough so if someone whos read the comic can get invested with it and not get bored and someone whos never read the comic can do the same with the books
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552