1. #1781
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    All those feels.

    Stahp, i really teared ....

    So, why does he go loco on zombie Meryl?
    Because he hated him for what he had become (dbag/evil) or because he was killed/zombified (rage towards govner)?
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!

  2. #1782
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Stahp, i really teared ....

    So, why does he go loco on zombie Meryl?
    Because he hated him for what he had become (dbag/evil) or because he was killed/zombified (rage towards govner)?
    Both and that he was a bastard to Daryl before the apocalypse, pent up resentment and anger coming to a head.

  3. #1783
    Just seen the episode myself, and since everything has been spoiled already I guess I don't have to black out my lines.

    Overall, only the Merle scenes were worth watching, but all the rest was just useless filler. Glenn once again saying he loves Maggie, Hershel being the oldie old man, Rick apologizing the group for keeping a secret, governor hanging around and saying one word the entire episode, Michonne being uber against walkers even without her sword...

    I preferred last week's episode more, the ending to this episode was quite touching trough.

    Still, I'm dissapointed. This is the second last episode to the season, and they've barely been doing anything, outside of Merle throwing his life to the governor. Even season 2 had an amazing second last episode, with Shane and all. The very last episode has to do a shitton of stuff to wrap up the season, or I'm afraid the governor will just be back in season 4.

    I was also dissapointed not see'ing what happened to Andrea, considering last weeks episode ending

  4. #1784
    Never liked Merle anyway. Now if only Michonne would get killed I might like the full cast again. But either way, they know how to make a death sad. Much like with Lori, whom I absolutely despised, the reaction of Rick (and now Daryl) was enough to make them sad regardless. Not nearly as sad as Shane, since he remains my favorite character, but still. I figure Beth will die next week, which will annoy me since she is my favorite girl on the show so far.

  5. #1785
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Stahp, i really teared ....

    So, why does he go loco on zombie Meryl?
    Because he hated him for what he had become (dbag/evil) or because he was killed/zombified (rage towards govner)?
    I like to think he was mad at him for making things right, but doing it too late.

  6. #1786
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    I like to think he was mad at him for making things right, but doing it too late.
    On top of the fact that he really, really loved his brother. That much is readily apparent. I just watched the episode with my wife and we both teared up. God Norman Reedus is a great actor.
    BAD WOLF

  7. #1787
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,318
    Really good episode, picked things up nicely after the slow last few weeks. I wonder what next week will bring. As a veteran of the graphic novels it could be really crazy, although I doubt it will go that route.

    Still sad to see another show go for another year. Not really sure what to watch anymore.

  8. #1788
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Really good episode, picked things up nicely after the slow last few weeks. I wonder what next week will bring. As a veteran of the graphic novels it could be really crazy, although I doubt it will go that route.

    Still sad to see another show go for another year. Not really sure what to watch anymore.
    Game of thrones, once that's finished Breaking Bad and Dexter should be airing soon again(both around June). There's plenty!
    Think of the hubris it must take to yank a soul out of non existence into this... meat, to force a life into this... thresher. That"s... so my daughter, she spared me the sin of being a father. - Rust Cohle

  9. #1789
    The walking dead is trending!

  10. #1790
    I don't know if this has been said before as I didn't look through the posts but was I the only one who thought it seemed like Merle took his car through a car wash and got it detailed on the way picking up his swarm of undead? When he was hotwiring it the car was dirty as all hell and enough dirt/dust to make it look brown...but when he got closer to the meeting place it didn't have a spot on it, it actually looked like a nice car. Hell, even the glass was flawlessly clean (until the camera went back into the car.) Little nitpicky but that ruined the immersion for me.

    Other than that I liked the episode. I wonder if Maggie or Glenn is going to die...because it's definitely one of them.

    I also am not sure what to think about the next episode, they are clearly planning on leaving but I am wondering if they get rushed when they are preparing to leave...maybe they make their escape through the tombs and unlock cell doors as they go.

  11. #1791
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    21,821
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I don't know if this has been said before as I didn't look through the posts but was I the only one who thought it seemed like Merle took his car through a car wash and got it detailed on the way picking up his swarm of undead? When he was hotwiring it the car was dirty as all hell and enough dirt/dust to make it look brown...but when he got closer to the meeting place it didn't have a spot on it, it actually looked like a nice car. Hell, even the glass was flawlessly clean (until the camera went back into the car.) Little nitpicky but that ruined the immersion for me.

    Other than that I liked the episode. I wonder if Maggie or Glenn is going to die...because it's definitely one of them.

    I also am not sure what to think about the next episode, they are clearly planning on leaving but I am wondering if they get rushed when they are preparing to leave...maybe they make their escape through the tombs and unlock cell doors as they go.
    Both were alive for a long time after the prison, so I don't see either dying.

    Safe: Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl
    Probably Safe: Beth, Glenn, Maggie
    Goners: Carol, Hershel

    I think Beth will live because early in S3 there was a mild love interest thing going on between her and Carl (which was Sophia's role in the comics).
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  12. #1792
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Game of thrones, once that's finished Breaking Bad and Dexter should be airing soon again(both around June). There's plenty!
    Game of Thrones is meh for me. I usually end up watching it when it's over in a few sittings. Breaking Bad I'm looking forward to though.

  13. #1793
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Safe: Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl
    Probably Safe: Beth, Glenn, Maggie
    Goners: Carol, Hershel
    I wouldn't count glenn or maggie safe after seeing that last episode, with the marriage proposal thing etc it just makes me think one of them is going to die, hopefully it'll be maggie if one of them does.

  14. #1794
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,176
    A good episode finally! Back to the good old Walking Dead. Next episode is going to be badass, can't wait.

  15. #1795
    The latest episode made me realize something.... The idea of the main cast getting zombified and attacking should've been explored more in the past. Or rather... Walkers we know, rather than demonized no-face walkers. Lori was killed off before she could turn. Shane is only one I can think of but even that wasn't that emotional of a scene to me.

    Seeing old side characters appear in the Zombie hordes and such would be lovely


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  16. #1796
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Seeing old side characters appear in the Zombie hordes and such would be lovely
    Most older characters got put down in one fashion or another with no hopes of a second life as a walker. I was just thinking about the first season and the farm and just how many people have died up til now. I was reflecting on that when Rick was giving his rally speech.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they don't keep everyone around, though it would start to get stuffy with the people they inevitably will pick up from Woodbury. I'm guessing we will have to sacrifice a couple in order to have the new blood from WB.

    All I know is if Daryl dies, ever, I'm not watching another episode. I would rather watch Boondock Saints 3: Zombies in Ireland than see the show without him. Speaking of which...I want to watch Shaun of the Dead now.
    BAD WOLF

  17. #1797
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    21,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I wouldn't count glenn or maggie safe after seeing that last episode, with the marriage proposal thing etc it just makes me think one of them is going to die, hopefully it'll be maggie if one of them does.
    I cannot really explain my rationale without delving into the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  18. #1798
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I cannot really explain my rationale without delving into the comics.
    I mean this is a spoilers already thread, might as well call it pretty plainly that they will both live. That would be a pretty major deviation from the comic with no point really.
    BAD WOLF

  19. #1799
    Glenn died in the comics did he not?

    EDIT: Just looked it up, yes Glenn gets his head bashed in by Negan with a baseball bat.

  20. #1800
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrety View Post
    Glenn died in the comics did he not?
    Yup he does.

    There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •