People using the excuse that the comics were also slow fail to realize that the comics had much better character development and more defined. The action sequnces were MUCH better and they were very satisfying.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/07/wa...ng-too-slowly/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    People using the excuse that the comics were also slow fail to realize that the comics had much better character development and more defined. The action sequnces were MUCH better and they were very satisfying.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/07/wa...ng-too-slowly/

Yeah. I mean.. they're still trying to stick with the comic story which is why I'm wondering why they're taking so long to do anything.. I mean, I know they need to stretch it out because of the budget.. But it's no excuse to drag out what seems to only be the non-comic based parts. And I mean.. the walking dead is a long comic series.. it's not like they don't have ample material to work off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Thing is, I'll keep watching the show regardless of how slow it is. I just hope that it won't be cancelled before they've been able to actually do anything.
    A truckton of people seem to enjoy it loads so I doubt it'll be cancelled anytime soon, to be honest. I'll keep watching it too, I don't mind slow at all, regardless of it being a "zombie" show - the only thing that's been bothering me slightly is them looking for the little girl but then again, it's not been such a *big* part of the latest episodes anyway so I don't mind if it drags on for a little as a bit of a "side story".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the whole Cherokee Rose thing, maybe the mother (forgot her name :-/) will just give up searching for her and they will just happen to find the girl sometime later on. Doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    What happened to the black dude and his son that Rick encountered in the first season. Weren't they supposed to meet up again at some point? Also, is Merle still alive? What the heck has he been up to? If there's something I've missed, could someone point it out to me?

I think tonight we see Merle again. There was a little clip of him at the end of last weeks episode. So be nice to see what he has been up too for the last what 2 weeks in tv time? Since he cut his hand off.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good episode tonight. Nice to watch the tension build up so fast inbetween the two groups. I also want to raise the point Darrel should be infected, since after he was shot that necklace was pretty nicely set in his mouth. Any one have any idea on what the barn of zombies purpose is? Pacifistic way of dealing with it?

Now I must watch Hell on Wheels to see the bonus stuff for the next episode.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Very good episode tonight. Nice to watch the tension build up so fast inbetween the two groups. I also want to raise the point Darrel should be infected, since after he was shot that necklace was pretty nicely set in his mouth. Any one have any idea on what the barn of zombies purpose is? Pacifistic way of dealing with it?
    Maybe, probably hoping they'll change back or starve and die out. I'm over this sophia thing, I lost interest after the first episode of looking for her. I'm finding it really difficult to root for any of the characters though. The only ones I like are Daryl and Shane, and I keep thinking the show is forcibly discouraging that, when they're the only characters I even enjoy watching.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Yeah Searching for the girl and Daryl finding the doll im going to guess they do another episode looking for her and at the end they might find her alive or dead, as for the barn scene the old man has been geting more and more pissed with them i wonder if he would open the barn to get them out of there and end up dying him self, he seems like a prick now this episode. just my 2 cents tho hard to tell what they will do from the comic

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have been soooooo PO'd if Daryl was killed off, but thank the Lord he lived. I am liking the old dude less and less, he is just turning into a complete a-hole. Can't wait for next week at all already.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I would have been soooooo PO'd if Daryl was killed off, but thank the Lord he lived. I am liking the old dude less and less, he is just turning into a complete a-hole. Can't wait for next week at all already.
    ya, daryl is the best character imo.

im curious to know why they had the zombies in the barn and not just killed them off.

Hooray for more filler episodes! At least there were scenes of Daryl being a bad ass to provide some entertainment. Anyone else disappointed that Maryl isn't actually back? I was hoping he'd bring some excitement.

Basically all we got from this episode was seeing Shane and Rick's conflict escalating just a little. Oh, and walkers in the barn but who didn't see that coming?

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Oh, and walkers in the barn but who didn't see that coming?
    Didn't read that far into the comics, but I knew it was coming since the old guy turned them away from the barn episodes ago...

Wish they'd actually go somewhere... even 'I' am getting sick of this dragging on forever... and I have the feeling that even if they are building up to a big moment, the moment will be overwhelmed by the mundane waiting for something to happen.

Heck, reminds me of Catacylsm almost.

They're wasting so much potential with these characters. Not only are some of these characters amazing in the comics, but the actors playing them on the TV show are damn good. That's what I'm hating about this show, there are so many characters that are just being wasted.

Glen was badass in season 1, now he's get no useful screen time ('minute man' Glen at best. "was I any good" <---seriously?).
    Carl...HOLY SHIT, is there ANY relation to TV Carl vs comic books Carl? Hell no.
    Andrea, useless, need I say more?
    Carol, useless.

Last episode was the best but by no means on par with some of the season 1 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This season reminds me a lot of Dragon Ball Z. There's usually a few minutes of excitement per episode, but it's mostly just wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    They're wasting so much potential with these characters.
    yeah, I guess thats what's been bothering me... not so much that they're staying in one place... but the majority of the characters are just whining and crying and doing nothing...

if they dont get involved in the story, why even give them screentime ?

Yep, I was not disappointed with last nights episode. I was a little bummed that Merle was a figment of Daryl's imagination. Would like to see the conflict form that honestly. As with others, over Sophia, sucks that it's been dragged out this long. I do get why, for the filler ect. Just meh about it now. Happy too that he was not killed. I woul dof wanted Andrea written off as a walker after that, then have her head blown off. Since I have not read the comics, I don't know how true the barn full of geeks is. But if it's inline with the comics, then leaves a lot of speculation as to who they are. I am guessing family and friends they could not kill because of who they are. Regardless of it, I would have a hard time killing my family members if they were turned. Hope next weeks get a bit more hairy for them. I am on the fence about Shane. but I do like Daryl.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    Yep, I was not disappointed with last nights episode. I was a little bummed that Merle was a figment of Daryl's imagination. Would like to see the conflict form that honestly. As with others, over Sophia, sucks that it's been dragged out this long. I do get why, for the filler ect. Just meh about it now. Happy too that he was not killed. I woul dof wanted Andrea written off as a walker after that, then have her head blown off. Since I have not read the comics, I don't know how true the barn full of geeks is. But if it's inline with the comics, then leaves a lot of speculation as to who they are. I am guessing family and friends they could not kill because of who they are. Regardless of it, I would have a hard time killing my family members if they were turned. Hope next weeks get a bit more hairy for them. I am on the fence about Shane. but I do like Daryl.
    These are SPOILERS so don't read them if you want to find out later on

you've been warned

They are Herschel's family. He believes what's happening is just like any other disease, that eventually a cure will be found and they'll be able to be brought back to being normal humans. He let's on about this in the tv-series in one of the other episodes when he's talking to Rick. It just shows he's deluded and more naive than Rick.

I knew there was something sketchy going on at the farm... it explains why they acted so oddly after they killed the walker that was in the well. Turns out they have a barn full of them.

Daryl (AKA Rambo) is still my favorite character. Crossbows are cool, except when you fall on your own arrows.