Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Kinda wish I didn't see the spladoosh earlier
    You ruined it man, my hand was on my mouth the very moment the girl came out of the barn :/.

This show amazes me. The beginning of season 2 was awesome, then the Sophia incident happened and I felt it was being drawn out and then came Carl getting shot. After last nights episode I know why it was drawn out, it built the emotion needed for the final scene, having her the last zombie out of the barn and then Rick stepping up and "resolving" the issue he created. I can't get the image of the shot of Rick Aiming down the barrel with the gun pointed at the camera out of my head, very powerful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpbeat View Post
    if i was in the situation they are in now with the farm and being told to leave.. i would just kill Hershel not even joking the guy is a joke
    You would kill whats likely the only doctor that you'll ever see again when your wife is pregnant? Good plan....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You would kill whats likely the only doctor that you'll ever see again when your wife is pregnant? Good plan....
    I'm Shane...
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Lol this show is funny, from an administration standpoint... The Walking Dead has twice the viewers of any other AMC show, yet it's not their network whore that wins Emmy's for best show or whatever multiple times (That would be Breaking Bad or Mad Men). It's their claim to fame though.

A show of zombies appeals to the broadest male spectrum possible, and IMO they've screwed it up. Almost to the point I don't want to watch next season (or next part, whatever)
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    I'm Shane...
    I don't think he's that dumb. No reason to kill him either. He already wont kill the walkers, he definetly wont kill real people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    A show of zombies appeals to the broadest male spectrum possible, and IMO they've screwed it up. Almost to the point I don't want to watch next season (or next part, whatever)
    Well, no one is twisting your arm..

Lol this show is funny, from an administration standpoint... The Walking Dead has twice the viewers of any other AMC show, yet it's not their network whore that wins Emmy's for best show or whatever multiple times (That would be Breaking Bad or Mad Men). It's their claim to fame though.

I guess its good to know...?

this one is kinda boring.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Just sayin'. I was looking forward to this season a lot, and even considering Darabont left I thought it would have still been interesting. Just not digging it as much as I thought I would have.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO if this show was the typical "zombie massacre with unbelievablility" every episode like some movies are, it would be boring and I wouldn't watch it. It is a realistic reaction to a situation, and that is what I enjoy. With the first half of season 2 wrapped up now, I can appreciate it compared to the first season and why it was drawn out. Worked great.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I don't think he's that dumb. No reason to kill him either. He already wont kill the walkers, he definetly wont kill real people.
    I don't think Shane is dumb but he is definitely losing it which will surely affect his judgement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    IMO if this show was the typical "zombie massacre with unbelievablility" every episode like some movies are, it would be boring and I wouldn't watch it. It is a realistic reaction to a situation, and that is what I enjoy. With the first half of season 2 wrapped up now, I can appreciate it compared to the first season and why it was drawn out. Worked great.
    I agree. I think some people expect it to be an action movie which it is not. It's a drama about people. As it was said here before and on Talking dead, The Walking Dead refers to the people in the story, not the zombies. In a real zombie situation you're likely to do similar things to survive. You wouldn't be hanging out where the zombies are in a city or something. You would find a safe place and try to hold on to that.

Also, the farm might not necessarily be safe. If you recall, the first episode where there was a horde of zombies moving up the highway looking for food, something similar may happen when the Atlanta zombies all head out into the country looking for food. They could easily be drawn to the farm. I do think they'll end up leaving anyways. If the whole show was just them there, then yes it would get boring.

Anyways, some people may find this show boring but then it's not the show for you. Pop a George Romero DVD in and you'll get your hour and a half of zombie killings. If you like drama, this is a really good show for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    well see you all february

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the farm might not necessarily be safe. If you recall, the first episode where there was a horde of zombies moving up the highway looking for food, something similar may happen when the Atlanta zombies all head out into the country looking for food. They could easily be drawn to the farm. I do think they'll end up leaving anyways. If the whole show was just them there, then yes it would get boring.
    I have been expecting that for awhile now. I was surprised at how few wondered onto the farm, but then of course you figured out Herschel has been secretly finding them and herding them into the barn, but still even when searching in the woods and such, not many. I was just thinking any day now a large herd was probably gonna run through.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Just sayin'. I was looking forward to this season a lot, and even considering Darabont left I thought it would have still been interesting. Just not digging it as much as I thought I would have.
    Frank Darabont had already done up to episode 8 of season 2 before he was demoted. What you have seen so far in season 2 is entirely his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    I don't think Shane is dumb but he is definitely losing it which will surely affect his judgement.
    They seem to be setting it up like the comic books, with carl getting shooting lessons and all. shane will flip out, attack rick or dale, and carl will shoot him in the neck. Shame though, shane is the only character who is right in his interpretation of the world they now live in, and how to conduct yourself in it.

It will be pretty bad if they kill off Shane. You need that controversial character in stories like this. People don't like them because they make hard and technically the right decisions. But Shane also has a dark side. Like killing Otis. Trying to rape Lori. Telling Dale what he can do to him, even though Dale does have some serious problems of his own, like trying to be way to close to Andrea. Don't know what that is all about.

Also the missing characters in the show so far. Murro, the guy from the first episode and his son, the Mexican dude and his family and the place they where going. The old people house with those gangster like people guarding them.

How the hell did this all start. How much is the contamination. Safe camps. People working on a cure. What will Rick and co. do in order to survive.

So many questions. Can't wait for it to restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

People been coming down on ol' Dale. I like the dude. He's like a fatherly, good guy. I think the group is much better off for having him.

People been coming down on ol' Dale. I like the dude. He's like a fatherly, good guy. I think the group is much better off for having him.
    Dale is a creep in the TV show, but ok in the comics.

------MIGHT BE A SPOILER FOR SOME-------

Shane will die one way or another, its important to the plot. His fate was set in stone the moment he impregnated Lori.

At this point im so sick of the inept characters, the entire season spent at herschel's, etc. Its just so drawn out and monotonous, they need to do something to shake it up. Revealing that Judith is Shane's daughter will be the big 'surprise' this season, while herschel kicks everyone out and they head to the prison. Youll look back and wonder 'why the F did we spend 12 episodes at herschels farm?'
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-12-03 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscape View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Dale. On one hand, he has some useful skill sets (like mechanics) and he has obviously accrued some elderly wisdom over the years. The problem is that he insists on sharing his thoughts about practically every situation that he comes across, regardless of how small they are. Basically, he should save the wisdom for bigger issues because the show is basically making it seem like Dale lacks the common sense to know when to share something wise and when to stfu. Another problem with Dale is that his relationship with Andrea is quite creepy. Throughout the show, the number of scenes where I got a father/daughter vibe could probably be counted on one hand. Every other scene with those two always makes Dale seem like he wants to get into Andrea's pants.
    I did not get that vibe at all!! I mean, I remember the campfire scenes from the first season, etc., and he came across as a scholarly good guy, not a creepy scheming horndog.

I did not get that vibe at all!! I mean, I remember the campfire scenes from the first season, etc., and he came across as a scholarly good guy, not a creepy scheming horndog.
    The problem with Dale ( and most of the other characters on the show) is that they have been given no back story.

You dont know that Dale was travelling cross country with his wife after retiring when Zday struck. Or that he rescued andrea and amy after seeing his wife get ripped apart in Atlanta, or that previously dead corpses come back to life (thus eliminating the disease/pathogen theories) - you dont know any of this, because the storytelling absolutely blows in the TV show.

I know i seem vapid and verklempt, but its because im such a fan of the comics, that the subpar job the show does really annoys me. Still, ill probably end up watching it to it's end (which at this rate, will be season 37).