10+ Year Old Account
    After watching the Talking Dead, I think the actor who played Maggie is right, I think Shane wanted Rick to kill him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlight's Theory: I think the reason why Rick wanted Shane alive was for something in his blood. This is why.
    -In the end of season 1 when the group went to the CDC they all had to give a blood sample to be admitted into the CDC. Now when Dr. Jenner analyzed the blood, I think he found something special "immunity" or "cure" in Shane's blood. That's what I think Jenner whispered to Rick.
    So I think Rick has been trying to keep Shane alive for that reason. Because Rick probably would've murdered his ass for giggidy-gooing his wife.
    Now if we fast forward to when Rick and Shane were gonna dump Randall off at the school. They were talking about the two cops that didn't have any bites. They thought they had scratches and that it what caused them to turn into walkers.
    Now when Rick decided to leave Shane on the bus, he took off with Randall and he looked at the two cops. When he looked at them, I don't think he was thinking "this cops ride together, they die together, and that's what Shane and I should do." I think he was thinking," Something didn't bite them, and I don't think it's the scratches. Something happened to them that we don't know about, and maybe they had the same "immune" blood as Shane. So that's why he went back to get him, not because he would've lost a friend, but because that blood could be the key to the infection.
    Now when we look to where we are now, Shane killed Randall, and Randall turned into a walker w/o any cuts or bites. And when Shane died he well, died. But came back as a walker w/o a walker making any contact with him. Now when Carl shot walker Shane, Rick didn't walk away from it. He told Carl to hold on, and he walked back to Shane's corpse. I think he walked back to get a sample of his blood.

To summarize, I think Rick knew Shane had a virus with him the whole time. But, Shane has an immunity to it. Notice, right when Shane died, he turned into a walker. When you die, your immune system goes down. Thus letting the infection get to him.

I really hope they get off of this stupid farm soon and start going out to find if there is more people or something...i`m all for story and character development but this is just... i`m not enjoying it as much as the first season where there was a goal and a fight toward it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap went freaking down. Can't wait for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    Warlight's Theory: I think the reason why Rick wanted Shane alive was for something in his blood. This is why.
    -In the end of season 1 when the group went to the CDC they all had to give a blood sample to be admitted into the CDC. Now when Dr. Jenner analyzed the blood, I think he found something special "immunity" or "cure" in Shane's blood. That's what I think Jenner whispered to Rick.
    So I think Rick has been trying to keep Shane alive for that reason. Because Rick probably would've murdered his ass for giggidy-gooing his wife.
    Now if we fast forward to when Rick and Shane were gonna dump Randall off at the school. They were talking about the two cops that didn't have any bites. They thought they had scratches and that it what caused them to turn into walkers.
    Now when Rick decided to leave Shane on the bus, he took off with Randall and he looked at the two cops. When he looked at them, I don't think he was thinking "this cops ride together, they die together, and that's what Shane and I should do." I think he was thinking," Something didn't bite them, and I don't think it's the scratches. Something happened to them that we don't know about, and maybe they had the same "immune" blood as Shane. So that's why he went back to get him, not because he would've lost a friend, but because that blood could be the key to the infection.
    Now when we look to where we are now, Shane killed Randall, and Randall turned into a walker w/o any cuts or bites. And when Shane died he well, died. But came back as a walker w/o a walker making any contact with him. Now when Carl shot walker Shane, Rick didn't walk away from it. He told Carl to hold on, and he walked back to Shane's corpse. I think he walked back to get a sample of his blood.

To summarize, I think Rick knew Shane had a virus with him the whole time. But, Shane has an immunity to it. Notice, right when Shane died, he turned into a walker. When you die, your immune system goes down. Thus letting the infection get to him.
    Only problem I see here is:
    - Randall was not bitten/scratched -- he just "developed it"
    - Shane was not bitten-scractched -- he just "developed it"

Why? Airborne.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

sucha stupid episode.. if u are pointing a gun at a person and demanding their weapon u dont get near them to take it.. just have them toss it away... i think shane wanted to die for some odd reason but why not shoot rick in the process?. hes not afraid of killing people but there he goes with stupidity again.

shane being an ex-cop it doesnt make sense him getting himself killed for a pretty straightforward confrontation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    Only problem I see here is:
    - Randall was not bitten/scratched -- he just "developed it"
    - Shane was not bitten-scractched -- he just "developed it"

Why? Airborne.

Or everyone has the virus and it activates when your brains reboot aka when you are dead it activates.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Or everyone has the virus and it activates when your brains reboot aka when you are dead it activates.
    That doesn't change jotad4's theory. You can have the virus spread airborne and not go into effect until like a system shock of "dying."

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is airborne how come Dale didn't come back?

They shot Dale in the head right at the end of the episode.

I think this is where I start reading the comics, and watch the show after . Shane as much of a d-bag as he was, he was one of the most logical people there. Like it was said a few episodes ago "Smart ideas, terrible presentation". While I will say I think I may have found some future spoilers, if from looking at what I saw is true, than it will be interesting to see how the show either follows the comics to a certain degree, or completely 360s it and goes a different direction. From what I have heard the show follows the comics "Point A to Point Z", however the path to getting there is different thus creating an almost "alternative decision same result" feel. With that said anyone know where I can check out the comics for a reasonable price?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we know for sure the virus has mutated I am happy Shane is dead but I'm scared someone may die next week
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    or completely 360s it and goes a different direction.
    I think you mean a 180, a 360 puts you back where you began.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufcat View Post
    I think you mean a 180, a 360 puts you back where you began.
    There is only one person who can do a 360 and go back! But he ain't in walking dead.

OT: What an episode. The virus affecting everyone is a big twist. It will make people do some horrible things. I didn't want Shane to die. He was insane and that what's made him stand out. Everyone in the group is a "good guy". An anti-hero was a good addition. He did some strange things but he was right most of the time. Keeping Randall alive was a mistake. Randall was going to come back bite them in the ass, his "cute girls" story, the way he tried to talk Carl into letting him go, hurting himself to get out and shooting at strangers in a dying world! Shane dieing was a very clear cut thing, keeping him alive for long would have pissed many people off.

Can't wait for the next episode. They always showed that jungle was walkers free. But now there are like 10,000 running towards Rick/Carl. Glenn and Daryl are also in the woods and don't come across any walkers. Where did such a massive horde of walkers come from? Maybe shooting Dal the previous night caused them to move to the woods.

With so many walkers, how the fack will they get out. I think a lot of people will die. Especially Sophie's mom and that black dude. Looks to be a 40+ mins action packed episode everyone was crying about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Can't wait for the final episode of this season. Showdown at the farm, it looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    There is only one person who can do a 360 and go back! But he ain't in walking dead.

OT: What an episode. The virus affecting everyone is a big twist. It will make people do some horrible things. I didn't want Shane to die. He was insane and that what's made him stand out. Everyone in the group is a "good guy". An anti-hero was a good addition. He did some strange things but he was right most of the time. Keeping Randall alive was a mistake. Randall was going to come back bite them in the ass, his "cute girls" story, the way he tried to talk Carl into letting him go, hurting himself to get out and shooting at strangers in a dying world! Shane dieing was a very clear cut thing, keeping him alive for long would have pissed many people off.

Can't wait for the next episode. They always showed that jungle was walkers free. But now there are like 10,000 running towards Rick/Carl. Glenn and Daryl are also in the woods and don't come across any walkers. Where did such a massive horde of walkers come from? Maybe shooting Dal the previous night caused them to move to the woods.

With so many walkers, how the fack will they get out. I think a lot of people will die. Especially Sophie's mom and that black dude. Looks to be a 40+ mins action packed episode everyone was crying about.
    Many walkers tend to walk in large packs that travel around, such as the ones encountered by the group in the beginning of season 2. Perhaps it's not too far fetched too to say that Shane/Rick were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, when they had this ordeal near ones of these travelling packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Many walkers tend to walk in large packs that travel around, such as the ones encountered by the group in the beginning of season 2. Perhaps it's not too far fetched too to say that Shane/Rick were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, when they had this ordeal near ones of these travelling packs?
    Ye I guess they were at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong incentives. But it was stupid in the first place to stay out at night this long in a fucking jungle!

I think what the CDC guy told Rick was that Lory was pregnant and Shane is the daddy. That's why Rick wanted to keep Shane alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    I don't think the deal with Shane was bad. It was good, and one way to tell the story. However, I was a fan of Shane and his actor and if I could alter the story, he would have gone away from the group some time during the season, being able to return some time in a future season as either an ally or an eventual bad guy. Would be a cool thing to do, just like with Merle (Though I doubt Merle would appear as an ally)
    I did agree with many of Shane's decisions. The only problem with Shane was his instability and I actually thought it was slowly starting to work out after the episode where they were to leave blindfolded Randall. I guess in that scene where Lori in ep12 actually didn't show her despise to Shane his obsession with her got worse and he was confused and simply stopped caring. I think even if the thought of killing Rick had crossed his mind and in season 1 he somehow tried to get the feel how it would feel while aiming at Rick, he wasn't planning to do it and didn't want it (only subconsiously) except for in the very latest time.
    Like many seem to believe, Shane was not a complete monster though. He did love Lori, Carl and showed empathy to Carol, seemed to like Andrea, even starting to loose his tension with Dale. He was jealous, broken, and needed to either get away from Lori for a while or well, what happened in the last episode was gonna be bound to happen.

Next episode will be filled with lots of action and while I thought the farm would be overrun much earlier in the season, at least it's finally gonna happen and it's gonna be pretty nice I think.
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2012-03-12 at 03:25 PM.

Ye I guess they were at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong incentives. But it was stupid in the first place to stay out at night this long in a fucking jungle!

I think what the CDC guy told Rick was that Lory was pregnant and Shane is the daddy. That's why Rick wanted to keep Shane alive.
    I think the general consensus was that he told them that they were all infected.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    How would he know that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I think the general consensus was that he told them that they were all infected.
    Pretty much what I've read as well.

Great episode though. I really can't to see the next one although I hope they have enough time to cram a big cliffhanger in. Season 1 ended on a "What's Next?". I'd like to see season 2 end on a huge reveal, wtf sort of thing. Going to miss looking forward to it. At least Game of Thrones is coming back.