Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I think the general consensus was that he told them that they were all infected.
    I donno man, I'm just firing shots in air.

But he knew they were all infected then why didn't Rick tell others? I'm sure telling a few others would be the right thing because if someone dies, they need to know he/she will come back as a walker. It's too big a problem to keep a secret. Imagine someone dies, they are buried, everyone is sleeping, the dead comeback and eat everyone. Sounds like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post

But he knew they were all infected then why didn't Rick tell others? I'm sure telling a few others would be the right thing because if someone dies, they need to know he/she will come back as a walker. It's too big a problem to keep a secret. Imagine someone dies, they are buried, everyone is sleeping, the dead comeback and eat everyone. Sounds like a plan?
    Telling everyone would also cause a lot of panic and despair.

Ye I guess they were at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong incentives. But it was stupid in the first place to stay out at night this long in a fucking jungle!

I think what the CDC guy told Rick was that Lory was pregnant and Shane is the daddy. That's why Rick wanted to keep Shane alive.
    I reckon the CDC guy just told rick that Lory was preggaz, not who the father was, blood tests wouldnt show that detail

I think the general consensus was that he told them that they were all infected.
    Actually that makes more sence, cos the cdc guy wanted to kill them all but gave in to reason
    Last edited by Grath; 2012-03-12 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    How would he know that at all?
    He couldn't know who the father was without doing a follow up test. But he could determine that she was pregnant and perhaps guesstimate how far along she was.

Thus he might have said something like, "bee tee dubs, your wife is 2 months pregnant." Then depending on how much actual time has passed in the show, this might have led to unambiguous paternity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He couldn't know who the father was without doing a follow up test. But he could determine that she was pregnant and perhaps guesstimate how far along she was.

Thus he might have said something like, "bee tee dubs, your wife is 2 months pregnant." Then depending on how much actual time has passed in the show, this might have led to unambiguous paternity.
    I just don't think the writers would use that mystery to explain something that the audience already knows. There's no payoff at all anymore.

How would he know that at all?

Pretty much what I've read as well.

Great episode though. I really can't to see the next one although I hope they have enough time to cram a big cliffhanger in. Season 1 ended on a "What's Next?". I'd like to see season 2 end on a huge reveal, wtf sort of thing. Going to miss looking forward to it. At least Game of Thrones is coming back.
    OMG, you're awesome. I thought tonight's episode -was- the season finale, leaving the whole wall of zombies to be dealt with in the next season's premiere. I was kinda shocked thinking it was the finale, and how much filler was in the episode, but at the end when Shane died I figured it was enough.

Now I have something to look forward to next week. :P
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] [Spoilers] The Walking Dead Season finale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09i3V...59FUAAAAAAACAA
    Stumbled across this video, I assume its legit he posted a vid a week about spoiling last nights episode and it was accurate.

I just don't think the writers would use that mystery to explain something that the audience already knows. There's no payoff at all anymore.
    That's true, but at the same time, we also know that simply dying now turns you into a zombie. There wasn't really much he could have said in that time frame other than "you're infected." Given what we know now, that kind of reveal wouldn't tell us much new information either.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG, you're awesome. I thought tonight's episode -was- the season finale, leaving the whole wall of zombies to be dealt with in the next season's premiere. I was kinda shocked thinking it was the finale, and how much filler was in the episode, but at the end when Shane died I figured it was enough.

Now I have something to look forward to next week. :P
    Yeah, they need a good zombie rampage to close out this season. I'm glad they at least quiet all the people who QQ'd that there wasn't enough action in the first part of the season. I think they did a great job this time around.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    That's true, but at the same time, we also know that simply dying now turns you into a zombie. There wasn't really much he could have said in that time frame other than "you're infected." Given what we know now, that kind of reveal wouldn't tell us much new information either.
    Yeah, it's been hinted at, but that characters are still learning this for themselves. It hasn't been extensively discussed like Lori's pregnancy.

As long as you bury them it should be okay since they probably can't dig themselves out.

The only thing I'm confused about is how they turned so quickly. Why didn't the two guys in the bar start turning?

Is it just a random period of time before they change or are only some people infected?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-03-12 at 03:46 PM.

Probably because (I think) he shot them in the head, without re-watching that episode I can't be certain he did though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I see with this is that after Rick stabbed Shane, rick just walked away towards Carol. If Rick knew that Shane was going to come back as a zombie why would he not stab/shoot Shane in the head?
    I still think that the CDC guy just said "Lorie is pregnant" and everyone is just looking to far into it.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    As long as you bury them it should be okay since they probably can't dig themselves out.

The only thing I'm confused about is how they turned so quickly. Why didn't the two guys in the bar turn start turning?

Is it just a random period of time before they change or are only some people infected?
    Didn't the doctor say turning was as fast as 10 minutes to as slow as several hours? Shane seems to have been one of the faster variety and the prisoner kid took a few hours.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    The only problem I see with this is that after Rick stabbed Shane, rick just walked away towards Carol. If Rick knew that Shane was going to come back as a zombie why would he not stab/shoot Shane in the head?
    I still think that the CDC guy just said "Lorie is pregnant" and everyone is just looking to far into it.
    I've been trying to figure out what makes the most sense regarding them coming back without being bitten. What's happening is that people are effectively getting infected without being bitten/scratched but they're not turning until they die. To me this means that this version of the disease is easier to transmit but also easier to fight off. One simple option is that this is an airborne strain.

Now what happens when you come in contact with that strain. Are you infected, but able to fight off the infection? This could mean that people are passive carriers and would somewhat coincide with Shane kinda losing his mind the last episode -- perhaps he was slowly losing to the infection? Personally I think he was just losing his mind without the aid of a zombie infection.

Another option is that you're able to fight it off entirely, but once you die you're unable to fight it off anymore. So you remain dead until walkers come by and the airborne infection hits you and turns you. Personally I think this is more likely, because they found a couple of instances where people were not bit but had turned. In each of those cases there were a fair number of these types of walkers and they were all largely unscathed and the area they were hanging out in was also undamaged. How can such a scenario come to be? That is a little bit of a mystery in its own right, but I think what happened is people died for all manner of reasons (fear, starvation, suicide, etc) and were abandoned by the fleeing living. Eventually the airborne version came about and a walker in the area infected corpses from afar. They turned but had no nearby anything to attract them, so they just hung out and no real damage is caused -- until eventually living humans (our little band of heroes) comes by.
    Last edited by Zdrasti; 2012-03-12 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree you would think if that is what Jenner told Rick, Rick should have known about Shane coming back, however he was extremely emotionally upset obviously (and that was shown fairly well) and when his son came at him with a gun seemingly pointed at him, I doubt zombie-Shane was the top thing on his mind.

Also for confirmation at the bar, the first guy was a head shot, the second guy got shot in the chest and then the head.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Did anyone else think "Office Space" at the beginning of last nights episode? All it was missing was some Geto Boys and maybe some slow motion.

Awesome episode though. Thank Zombie Jesus Shane is gone. Despite Carl killing him for the second time in 5 minutes, I still hate the little whiny bastard. Grow a pair. You're surrounded by these badass role models. Learn from them. You're forced to grow up faster in situations like this, but he seems to be regressing in age.

Can't wait for next week. Can only imagine they're going to kill a few more people off though. Yeah, they were boarding up the house pretty well this past episode, but we've all seen plenty of zombie flicks to know that doesn't guarantee survival. Having no knowledge of the novels; I'm thinking Herschel, T-Dawg, and Andrea will be the ones to go. That's if they do kill anyone off. If not by the walkers, it will be by each others hand a la Night of the Living Dead. It just seems like it's Herschel's time to go. They made him into this old drunk badass the second half and he has finally accepted the group into the house, he's gonna die haha. T-Dawg, I don't know. There just hasn't been much of him at all lately. And Andrea may just be wishful thinking.

Another theory for the finale is that Randall's group will find the farm. They'll help take out the herd of walkers and then most likely try to take the farm. I'm still expecting Merle to be with them. Like someone said earlier, when their recon team left Randall for dead, the driver of the pick up sounded like him. That and it seemed like the intentionally made the driver just a shadowy figure to conceal the identity. It has to be him.

HOLY PEANUT SAUCE!
    The ending of the latest episode. Those last 5 minutes :O

I cant wait for the next episode!!!!!!!!

Best drama show i've ever seen :O
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Despite Carl killing him for the second time in 5 minutes, I still hate the little whiny bastard. Grow a pair. You're surrounded by these badass role models. Learn from them. You're forced to grow up faster in situations like this, but he seems to be regressing in age.
    Carl hardly get's to see any of role models in action though. For the most part it seems like no one bothers to keep an eye on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    Probably because (I think) he shot them in the head, without re-watching that episode I can't be certain he did though.
    yea he did.
    He shot the guy behind the counter right in the face, and the fat guy was shot two times in the chest where one was placed around heart (almost 100% certain death).

this "everyone is infected" would also explain why he then shot him in the head after he was dead for sure.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Did anyone else think "Office Space" at the beginning of last nights episode? All it was missing was some Geto Boys and maybe some slow motion.

Another theory for the finale is that Randall's group will find the farm. They'll help take out the herd of walkers and then most likely try to take the farm. I'm still expecting Merle to be with them. Like someone said earlier, when their recon team left Randall for dead, the driver of the pick up sounded like him. That and it seemed like the intentionally made the driver just a shadowy figure to conceal the identity. It has to be him.
    Very similar to the copy machine scene indeed

If the other group is as close as Randall said, they will surely have some contact soon. A massive shoot out like what is looking to ensure may be enough to attract their attention.

Not sure who they will kill off in the finale. I think the only character off limits is Rick, and I guess Daryl to an extent. I only say Daryl because that would cause major outrage among fans. I think Herschel is definitely on the chopping block, along with T-Dawg, and Carol. Would not be shocked to see Glenn go and them keep Maggie. Really hope Meryl makes an appearance too.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    y
    this "everyone is infected" would also explain why he then shot him in the head after he was dead for sure.
    That double-tap stuck out to me as well. At the time I thought it was just his anger at the thought of those guys taking the farm, but now the other possibility makes sense.

What I wonder is how much a walker retains from a cognitive perspective. We saw that one guy's wife going back to their house and knocking on the door. I could have sworn there was more than hunger in Shane's eyes as he came back.
    I like sandwiches

I don't think they will kill off Glenn just yet, otherwise they lose their only person with any mechanic skills.

(Although I am not sure how much he learned from Dale)