Amazing Season finale, wish it was fall already

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Michonne will be played by Deny Guerra(spelling?), just announced on Talking Dead.
    Danai Gurira

Here's a pic:
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...277_SY400_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mathus819 View Post
    Amazing Season finale, wish it was fall already
    With Game of Thrones and Mad Men coming back soon I'm willing to wait.
    “I’m tired of being crushed under the weight of greedy men who believe in nothing.” - Jax Teller

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombyChan View Post
    I have no choice but to give it a chance, especially since Michonne is a 'fan favorite.' The problem I have is that this is supposed to be a take on surviving the Zombie apocalypse and a step away from the overblown movies.
    I think it is very believable. People are not going to be the same after the crazy shit they go through. We even saw Rick snap a little tonight. There is some insane pressure on everyone out there. I am surprised that everyone has kept calm for the most part. I know that I would lose it and get a bit weird.

Once you see her back story it makes more sense too. Sword is also a very effective weapon in a zombie apocalypse. Silent and lethal. Personally, I do not want show spoilers, but I have found some pleasure in doing some character research to see what all the novels have to offer. I am very excited.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-03-19 at 02:42 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Well that gave Shane a Rick a hint that you didn't need to be bit, that still didn't mean that's what the CDC guy said.

The way Lorie acted when Rick said he killed Shane, it made it seem like she wanted Shane to win. Shane clearly tried to kill Rick first, and Rick was just protecting himself, but Lorie wasn't happy at all that Rick made it out alive...
    That's because the baby is Shane's and she knows it.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I think it is very believable. People are not going to be the same after the crazy shit they go through. We even saw Rick snap a little tonight. There is some insane pressure on everyone out there. I am surprised that everyone has kept calm for the most part. I know that I would lose it and get a bit weird.

Once you see her back story it makes more sense too. Personally, I do not want show spoilers, but I have found some pleasure in doing some character research to see what all the novels have to offer. I am very excited.
    I dislike the use of a katana, but other than that, I don't really have a problem with it.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

zomg michoone that 10 second scene when she showed up was amazing all i could think was well andrea is dead....OMG MICHOONE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I dislike the use of a katana, but other than that, I don't really have a problem with it.
    It does look a bit out of place. Still think it makes a ton of sense. No ammo, silent, light weight, and very effective. I will definitely be using one should the need arise.
    I like sandwiches

I dislike the use of a katana
    I honestly believe a well trained swordsman with amateur shooting ability has a considerably advantage in a world like the walking dead.
    “I’m tired of being crushed under the weight of greedy men who believe in nothing.” - Jax Teller

That sword would be pretty worthless after cutting through a few zombies. An aluminum bat or a sword made for hacking like a long sword would be more preferable.

A katana is not a reliable weapon for long term though. It requires a lot of care and skill to effectively use without it breaking. That is why I don't like it. A short sword I could buy, but a katana? Eh.

15+ Year Old Account
    A katana is not a reliable weapon for long term though. It requires a lot of care and skill to effectively use without it breaking. That is why I don't like it. A short sword I could buy, but a katana? Eh.
    It is a fantasy fiction world. I don't think Herschel's shotgun holds 30+ shells like it did tonight either. Gotta suspend your disbelief and just enjoy.

Deleted
    Michonne isn't some master swordsman, she grabbed a katana from some kid who lived next door to her.

Plus the two zombies chained up let her walk past the dead with no problem. Thats why she keeps them around.

Also Badass trumps all (Katana), and Herschel's shotgun was the greatest thing that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It is a fantasy fiction world. I don't think Herschel's shotgun holds 30+ shells like it did tonight either. Gotta suspend your disbelief and just enjoy.
    Oh, I know. I loved his shotgun. That thing is badass! It still annoys me though, a katana is such a cliche in zombie...uh culture?

10+ Year Old Account
    Michonne is a badass and a katana with training will do wonders!

I am excited about Merle coming back this season, about time. Then I expect Morgan in S4.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I know. I loved his shotgun. That thing is badass! It still annoys me though, a katana is such a cliche in zombie...uh culture?
    I think if they changed it, a lot of CB fans would have been pissed. It's a very popular and beloved character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Herschel's shotgun. *boom* *chkchk* *boom* *chkchk* (times 50). It just didn't run out of ammo. And I am excited for this new character, didn't read the comics but I know a decent amount about her. I hope it doesn't take forever for her to become significant in Season 3 however.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to call you out, but how is a sword cliche in zombie flicks? Am I missing some awesome movies where they kill zombies with a katana?

Oh ya, I was definitely wondering when he was gonna run out of ammo.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Not trying to call you out, but how is a sword cliche in zombie flicks? Am I missing some awesome movies where they kill zombies with a katana?

Oh ya, I was definitely wondering when he was gonna run out of ammo.
    Heh, I didn't say flicks. Culture! The katana is just a weapon I hear a lot of people talk about in relation to zombies and how they'll grab one and go on a rampage. Also, I'll just link http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-famous...you-killed_p2/. Number 2 is the Katana and their "analysis" pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. I just really don't like the use of a katana, any other sword would be great!