So wait...ur not a lesbian? how uuuu doin?

^ funniest line in the series

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except it's the wrong eye.
    Decent episode, the only really good part was Glen ripping the bone out of the zombies arm, and then using it as a weapon. I just can not get over how shitty the writing is for Andrea. What in the fuck are they doing with her character!?!? And Michone too, she could have made this whole thing go so smoothly! All she had to do was tell Rick that she was with Andrea, and that Andrea was at the Woodbury. The writers are trying to make conflicts that just aren't working, there are way to many loopholes.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

AWESOME!!!! This was a solid showing for the mid-season finale. Lots going on.

When Tyrese showed up in the beginning, I was like "Another black guy, Oscar's going to die now." And sure enough.... token. The Michonne / Governor fight had me on the edge of my seat; I'm glad that bastard got what he had coming, and FINALLY we get the character shift we need in this guy to make him interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    All she had to do was tell Rick that she was with Andrea, and that Andrea was at the Woodbury. The writers are trying to make conflicts that just aren't working, there are way to many loopholes.
    Michonne had no idea who Rick's group of people were. There was no indication that this group was Andrea's same cohort, at least not to Michonne. Michonne wasn't told anyone's name while at the prison & she didn't mention Merle's name either; she only knew this group was connected to the kidnapped couple.

I'm betting Daryl & Merle are going to be put into a gladiator fight against each other with zombies surrounding them like before, but maybe Andrea will convince the Governor to stop it. Sooooooo looking forward to next half-season already.

Did I mishear, or was Tyrese's group chilling with a kid named "Ben"?

Maybe I'm just really really optimistic, but if anyone has played the Walking Dead video game by Telltale there's a teenage type boy named Ben. He has no parents in the game, but as his mom just died this episode maybe they are trying to incorporate characters from the game into the series as well?

I know the show has strayed very far from the comic so far, so by no means do I think it is 'canon' but hell, would be a nice little tie in, especially since Kirkman had as much to do with the game as he did with the comic and series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

okay so we know daryl survives because he was in the forest with his crossbow in the preview for February.

and im pretty sure meryl survives to because in the preview theres a scene with daryl and i think rick walking towards the prison and glen and maggie are there and glen pulls out his gun and says "WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE" which obviously would be meryl because the only other person it could be that would make glen say that is the govenor and i doubt rick and daryl are waltzing towards the prison with the govenor

also is it just me or has glen just become a total badass?

what do you guys think do you think meryl gets out with daryl?

i only see two scenarios as to why daryl is alive either A the govenor puts them in a gladiator match and daryl kills meryl or B andrea helps them both get out. and unless that preview is from further down the line in the season option b seems most likely
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty solid ending to the first half of the season. I like that Andrea is actually going to have to do something now instead of drink scotch and take her clothes off. Time to pick a side! Excellent seeing Tyrese finally, one of my favourite characters from the GN. I'm not sure what was up with Michonne this episode. Her motivation for going in to kill the Governor doesn't really meet with her desire to join Ricks group. Running off makes her only look untrustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    AWESOME!!!! This was a solid showing for the mid-season finale. Lots going on.

When Tyrese showed up in the beginning, I was like "Another black guy, Oscar's going to die now." And sure enough.... token. The Michonne / Governor fight had me on the edge of my seat; I'm glad that bastard got what he had coming, and FINALLY we get the character shift we need in this guy to make him interesting.
    I KNOW RIGHT i remember when tdog died jesse on twitter was like "not saying the writers are racist but it seems very convenient #therecanonlybeone"

and in an interview they said someone was gonna die so the whole time i was joking there can only be one and then it happened and my face just dropped @_@ "seriously!!@_@"

whos willing to bet #therecanonlybeone becomes a running gag in the fandom?

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Pretty solid ending to the first half of the season. I like that Andrea is actually going to have to do something now instead of drink scotch and take her clothes off. Time to pick a side! Excellent seeing Tyrese finally, one of my favourite characters from the GN. I'm not sure what was up with Michonne this episode. Her motivation for going in to kill the Governor doesn't really meet with her desire to join Ricks group. Running off makes her only look untrustworthy.
    i dont think she wanted to join ricks group i think it wasnt till she had that showdown with andrea that she realized she wanted to. the way she said "yeah but if you need more help getting back to the prison or going back to get daryl you need me right?"

watching talking dead right now apparently i was right there was al ine cut where after she asks if they need her she says please but they thought that would be to obvious
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-12-03 at 06:42 AM.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Did I mishear, or was Tyrese's group chilling with a kid named "Ben"?
    As someone who's played through the game, and read all of the currently released issues of the GN, that's a good observation, although I have a feeling the writers based those characters off of the ones of the same name from the comic (Donna and Allen being the parents, Ben their child, although I'm not sure about where Billy would be then.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I KNOW RIGHT i remember when tdog died jesse on twitter was like "not saying the writers are racist but it seems very convenient #therecanonlybeone"

and in an interview they said someone was gonna die so the whole time i was joking there can only be one and then it happened and my face just dropped @_@ "seriously!!@_@"

whos willing to bet #therecanonlybeone becomes a running gag in the fandom?

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 01:00 AM ----------

i dont think she wanted to join ricks group i think it wasnt till she had that showdown with andrea that she realized she wanted to. the way she said "yeah but if you need more help getting back to the prison or going back to get daryl you need me right?"

watching talking dead right now apparently i was right there was al ine cut where after she asks if they need her she says please but they thought that would be to obvious
    Its pretty obvious the only reason Michonne is joining is because she needs them to get to the Governor.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Its pretty obvious the only reason Michonne is joining is because she needs them to get to the Governor.
    i dont think so kirkman pretty much said that after the showdown she realized andrea was pretty much gone and that she had chosen the governor over her and she didnt want to be alone.

also in the preview did you see how that guy was talking about killing carl and taking their guns @_@ ricks gonna shoot that guy

another also WOOHOO TALKING DEAD IS GOING TO BE AN HOUR LONG NEXT YEAR @_@ chris hardwick is one of my favorite comedians his standup special mandroid and the nerdist podcast is awesome @_@
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-12-03 at 07:21 AM.

Honestly, I like Meryl's character and hope he survives. I also hope that he somehow redeems himself and joins the group again. With Glenn forgiving him for whatever reason.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

Michonne had no idea who Rick's group of people were. There was no indication that this group was Andrea's same cohort, at least not to Michonne. Michonne wasn't told anyone's name while at the prison & she didn't mention Merle's name either; she only knew this group was connected to the kidnapped couple.

I'm betting Daryl & Merle are going to be put into a gladiator fight against each other with zombies surrounding them like before, but maybe Andrea will convince the Governor to stop it. Sooooooo looking forward to next half-season already.

Michonne and Andrea were together for MONTHS, are you going to tell me she would never have mentioned Rick? Michonne isn't stupid, she would have put those together, and she would have used that to help get Andrea out. That's what I mean by loopholes.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Michonne has no reason to get The Governor, not like in the comics. I think the only reason she is joining is to either get Andrea back, or because she doesn't want to be alone with Andrea gone.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Honestly, I like Meryl's character and hope he survives. I also hope that he somehow redeems himself and joins the group again. With Glenn forgiving him for whatever reason.
    I hate his character, and I hope he gets shot to get eaten by walkers. It's good to know that Deryl is gonna survive even after that ending of the episode, had me scared there for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Michonne and Andrea were together for MONTHS, are you going to tell me she would never have mentioned Rick? Michonne isn't stupid, she would have put those together, and she would have used that to help get Andrea out. That's what I mean by loopholes.
    Ya didn't Andrea mention in one of the earlier episodes this season that she had told Michonne everything about herself? I imagine that would include Rick, Daryl, leaving Merle behind, the races and sexes of her last group along with their inter-group relationships. So for Michonne to not realize who they were, she would have to be unable to put together the pieces of Merle and Daryl being brothers when Merle is yelling about his brother in the parking lot to Glen, Glen and Maggie being part of Andrea's group when they almost certainly fit what Andrea told her about them, etc., etc. It is just poor, illogical writing, but hey that is what this show is now. Every character is just on a conveyor belt to getting eaten at some point and that is about it. There is no logic on the show. Why would she bother telling them "Hey your friend is alive and in this town also" when they can't even be bothered to kill the walkers around them and just let them linger as a constant threat.

bit of a disappointing mid season imo.. lots of action but no1 noteworthy died.. the black guy did but hes been in there for say.. 3 episodes? and yes the governer got maimed but i was wishing for more action... there was some shooting halfway but ricks group vanished and all of a sudden Daryl gets captured? like where did that come from. and how did rick and the rest escape.. anyway.. might as well wait a few months for the rest of it.

Deleted
    Oh god damnit, every time I watch the new episode i boil some insta noodels and then i sit down in my comfortable chair. After just a few min in I've lost all my apatite T.T

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    bit of a disappointing mid season imo.. lots of action but no1 noteworthy died.. the black guy did but hes been in there for say.. 3 episodes? and yes the governer got maimed but i was wishing for more action... there was some shooting halfway but ricks group vanished and all of a sudden Daryl gets captured? like where did that come from. and how did rick and the rest escape.. anyway.. might as well wait a few months for the rest of it.
    Think you should resee the episode.

You think it was disappointing cause noone died? So for it to be worth seeing you got to have someone die in every episode? They would kill off everyone before they could introduce new ones.

Darryl was captured as he stayed behind to cover so the rest could escape, you know, that hole scene with them climbing on the bus getting out of there.

Damn that was a tense episode.
    So, this has bugged me and i've yet to find an answer, what happened to the black guy and his kid in the start of the series?
    i haven't seen trace of them since. and i wonder if that's intentional lol

Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Think you should resee the episode.

You think it was disappointing cause noone died? So for it to be worth seeing you got to have someone die in every episode? They would kill off everyone before they could introduce new ones.

Darryl was captured as he stayed behind to cover so the rest could escape, you know, that hole scene with them climbing on the bus getting out of there.
    if it turns into another snorefest season with the group just chilling at the farm.. then im tuning out. also the governer is so weak.. he cant even overpower an unarmed woman.

With the preview showing that Daryl and Merle (likely) return to the prison and try to re-join the group, I have a feeling that the group is not going to be just one group anymore. I think Daryl & Merle may split off, possibly with Carol and Andrea. Rick & Carl's group would keep Tyrese and Beth & Asskicker; Hershal & the annoying inmate will die soon.

The Governor's attack on the prison may strengthen the group back together though. Who knows?