1. #1441
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    the more I think about it.. I see no possible end to the Daryl/merle angle.. other then daryl killing him to save rick. maybe not now. but it is going to happen
    i dont think merle is going to try to kill rick and even if he does i think at this point rick can take him.

    ricks been through alot of stuff since season 2
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #1442
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    if it turns into another snorefest season with the group just chilling at the farm.. then im tuning out. also the governer is so weak.. he cant even overpower an unarmed woman.
    Again... I suggest you rewatch this season before you start comparing it with season 2.

    All the episodes of season 2 was pretty much 38 minutes of talk with about 1 zombie kill each episode. So far, every single episode of season 3 have been active and progressed the story further. If you think about it, they cant just keep killing characters each week, for a character to die and have meaning the audience has to have some form of sympathy or dislike for that person, that sort of thing takes some build up, if they started to kill off one or 2 every episode (not to mention T-dog and lori died what 2 episodes ago?) and still get more new characters in, you would be left with a group you couldnt associate with and wouldnt care shit for. Basically ending the show as it wouldnt be interesting anymore.

    I agree that season 2 was horrible, but season 3 so far hasn't been, they have hardly been chilling at the prison, half their group has been killed or chopped off and a war between the prison and Woodbury is on the horizon.

    Again, I think you should look at it with a bit of perspective...

  3. #1443
    Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Again... I suggest you rewatch this season before you start comparing it with season 2.

    All the episodes of season 2 was pretty much 38 minutes of talk with about 1 zombie kill each episode. So far, every single episode of season 3 have been active and progressed the story further. If you think about it, they cant just keep killing characters each week, for a character to die and have meaning the audience has to have some form of sympathy or dislike for that person, that sort of thing takes some build up, if they started to kill off one or 2 every episode (not to mention T-dog and lori died what 2 episodes ago?) and still get more new characters in, you would be left with a group you couldnt associate with and wouldnt care shit for. Basically ending the show as it wouldnt be interesting anymore.

    I agree that season 2 was horrible, but season 3 so far hasn't been, they have hardly been chilling at the prison, half their group has been killed or chopped off and a war between the prison and Woodbury is on the horizon.

    Again, I think you should look at it with a bit of perspective...
    It's funny how differently people can look at the same thing. I liked season 1 and 2 FAR more than season 3. The people acted like real people would, they weren't perfect aims, nobody was really doing anything that was out of the ordinary. It was just a group of people trying to survive zombies. Now though, it's turning into people versus people instead of people versus zombies. If the show takes the direction of the comic, and has the characters just coming across one bad group of people after another, showing humanity in it's absolute worse light every single time, with zombies as nothing more than a background, then I'll probably be done with the show. It's losing it's class. The realism of the show is also suffering under the new director. Everyone's a perfect aim, we've got a woman running around like a samurai overpowering groups of military trained men, we've got a kid acting like an adult, and we've got the main character going crazy with hallucinations. Michonne though, in particular, is making the show nearly unbearable for me. She's a character straight out of a comic book, literally and figuratively. It doesn't fit into a show. I feel like Walking Dead is turning into a cheap action gore thriller, instead of the classic it started out as.

  4. #1444
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's funny how differently people can look at the same thing. I liked season 1 and 2 FAR more than season 3. The people acted like real people would, they weren't perfect aims, nobody was really doing anything that was out of the ordinary. It was just a group of people trying to survive zombies. Now though, it's turning into people versus people instead of people versus zombies. If the show takes the direction of the comic, and has the characters just coming across one bad group of people after another, showing humanity in it's absolute worse light every single time, with zombies as nothing more than a background, then I'll probably be done with the show. It's losing it's class. The realism of the show is also suffering under the new director. Everyone's a perfect aim, we've got a woman running around like a samurai overpowering groups of military trained men, we've got a kid acting like an adult, and we've got the main character going crazy with hallucinations. Michonne though, in particular, is making the show nearly unbearable for me. She's a character straight out of a comic book, literally and figuratively. It doesn't fit into a show. I feel like Walking Dead is turning into a cheap action gore thriller, instead of the classic it started out as.
    the governors men arent military trained hell they can barely take on walkers except in large numbers wheras ricks group and michonne have been out in the wilderness for a year they have had their nose to the grind they are a killing machine at this point working perfectly together and considering ammo isnt exactly everywhere it makes sense that they use knives as often as possible and that michonne would be good with a sword.

    thats what we have to remember the governors people arent very good or skilled except maybe meryl they have strength in numbers and thats it and theyve had relative safety for who knows how long wheras ricks group while smaller is a well oiled killing machine.

    if they had come out the gate as being super good at surviving and kicking ass then i would agree with you but theyve been out surviving with less then 20 people for over a year now i would be surprised if they werent that good because that would be unrealistic also carl is what 13 now? 13 isnt that young to start with and hes been growing up in the apocalypse if he wasnt acting like an adult that would make him a really selfish kid.

    also with the thing about people being the bad guys instead of zombies the thing is the walkers are like a force of nature there like animals theres only so far you can go with the bad guy being the walkers 24/7 with people theres so many different things you can do and so many varying degrees of evil and intentions wheras the walkers are well just walkers.

    i think the tagline for season three is something like "kill the dead fear the living" which i think is perfect and describes exactly how they should treat the walkers.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #1445
    One thing is for sure if Merle survives he will join Ricks group, there is no other option. They won't let him go as of fear of him rejoining governor or worse trying to hunt rick's group memebers on his own. So yeah he will be either their prisoner or some kind killing maschine.

  6. #1446

    The Walking Dead reviewers

    Hello,

    I'm looking for some high quality The Walking Dead tv series and comic video reviews. I'm looking for about the same quality as SFdebris
    If u don't know him you can google him (i can't place link's becaus i haven't posted enough).

    Sorry for my bad English it's not my mother language.

  7. #1447
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,587
    We have a walking dead thread in our cinema section, but don't expect pro reviews on an MMO website.

  8. #1448
    I'm not expecting any on the site it self i was hoping on people know external sites that have HQ revieuws

  9. #1449
    The Patient Rupture91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the mountains....
    Posts
    227
    I lost hope in the show since they aren't staying true to the actual comic which is amazing. I still watch it though since its decent for what it is. I do feel for the people who have only watched the show and never touched any of the comics since they're missing out.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

  10. #1450
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the governors men arent military trained hell they can barely take on walkers except in large numbers wheras ricks group and michonne have been out in the wilderness for a year they have had their nose to the grind they are a killing machine at this point working perfectly together and considering ammo isnt exactly everywhere it makes sense that they use knives as often as possible and that michonne would be good with a sword.

    thats what we have to remember the governors people arent very good or skilled except maybe meryl they have strength in numbers and thats it and theyve had relative safety for who knows how long wheras ricks group while smaller is a well oiled killing machine.

    if they had come out the gate as being super good at surviving and kicking ass then i would agree with you but theyve been out surviving with less then 20 people for over a year now i would be surprised if they werent that good because that would be unrealistic also carl is what 13 now? 13 isnt that young to start with and hes been growing up in the apocalypse if he wasnt acting like an adult that would make him a really selfish kid.

    also with the thing about people being the bad guys instead of zombies the thing is the walkers are like a force of nature there like animals theres only so far you can go with the bad guy being the walkers 24/7 with people theres so many different things you can do and so many varying degrees of evil and intentions wheras the walkers are well just walkers.

    i think the tagline for season three is something like "kill the dead fear the living" which i think is perfect and describes exactly how they should treat the walkers.
    Out of all the male characters in the show, Merle has been suggested to be the toughest. He is military trained, and Michonne was completely showing him up even when he had her outnumbered. And when you combine that with her attitude, essentially, the manliest character in the show is a woman. I would never consider myself sexist by any means, but this is just ridiculous. I agree that using knives and whatnot would be sensible, but she just does not act like a realistic person. She acts like, well, a comic book character.

    But for the bottom part, shifting focus from zombies to other groups of people, all of which will no doubt be as rotten as possible, this is just a personal beef I have with zombie fiction. It seems like every piece of zombie work starts out good, and then degrades because of two things: focusing too much on conflicts with depressingly scummy humans instead of zombies, and zombies starting to learn. Every single time, without fail, one or both of these things happens and I lose interest almost immediately.

  11. #1451
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The trailer at the end spoiled next episode :/

    It shows tear gas inside the ring where the episode ends, shows daryl running around in a forrest, etc etc. So they go back for daryl it seems to imply with the tear gass.
    Of course a sneak peek will spoil the next episode :3

    Going back for Daryl was rather obvious due to how important to the group he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Out of all the male characters in the show, Merle has been suggested to be the toughest. He is military trained, and Michonne was completely showing him up even when he had her outnumbered. And when you combine that with her attitude, essentially, the manliest character in the show is a woman.
    You're comparing two different things. Masculinity and toughness aren't the same.

    The idea behind TWD is these were normal everyday people who are being hardened by the global infection and everyone is being pushed to their limits and primal instinct of survival.

    Merle didn't serve for very long either, maybe 4 months if he was lucky due to being dishonorably discharged, went to prison for 16 months then one can assume shortly after release the outbreak began.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-12-04 at 08:41 PM.

  12. #1452
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    we've got a woman running around like a samurai overpowering groups of military trained men, we've got a kid acting like an adult
    I know this has been said before but, 1) They are not military trained, they have numbers and that is literally it. The Governor is just a psycho, and 2) It's a zombie-filled world, with crazies all over the place (see: Governor/those people in the bar from Season 2) and he's like 13, do you honestly expect him to just sit back and cower/cry? be realistic here. I know it's your opinion but S2 was pretty....meh, best part about it was taking Shane out - another psycho.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 12:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also with the thing about people being the bad guys instead of zombies the thing is the walkers are like a force of nature there like animals theres only so far you can go with the bad guy being the walkers 24/7 with people theres so many different things you can do and so many varying degrees of evil and intentions wheras the walkers are well just walkers.
    This. The only possible chance the group has of being wiped out is if they were in the middle of a zombie-packed city, which has a huge horde in it like from Season 1. Other than that, the zombies are pretty boring, just like DayZ/etc games. If the show was 90-95% killing zombies, it'd lose so many viewers it's not even funny.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-12-04 at 09:09 PM.

  13. #1453
    Is it just me, or was s3e8 the best episode so far? It was AWESOME!

  14. #1454
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    I lost hope in the show since they aren't staying true to the actual comic which is amazing. I still watch it though since its decent for what it is. I do feel for the people who have only watched the show and never touched any of the comics since they're missing out.

    Since? They didn't follow it from the beginning because they don't want to follow the comic book exactly because they want to keep the readers guessing as well. They didn't randomly just change directions from the comic book.

  15. #1455
    Field Marshal Smango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Michonne though, in particular, is making the show nearly unbearable for me. She's a character straight out of a comic book, literally and figuratively. It doesn't fit into a show. I feel like Walking Dead is turning into a cheap action gore thriller, instead of the classic it started out as.
    What's wrong with Michonne being a comic book character? This is a fictional TV show I might add. I love the walking dead and the thought of someone being badass with a melee weapon made me like it even more, it's like watching Kill Bill. I don't find anything wrong with her character her past is still a mystery to me and I love it about her. Bullets eventually run out, someone with a sword is needed.

  16. #1456
    I have a prediction, and I was curious if anyone could beat the snot out of it for any holes I missed, considering just recently I was able to watch the past few episodes. Just to be safe... (Spoilers will include comic, game, and possibly book)

    As it is known when the Governor storms the Prison, and kills just about everyone, Lilly Caul is the one that ends the Governor (I personally like the fact they incorporated her into the video game & the books!). Since this seems like to big of an event to skip over could it be a possibility Andrea will be the one to take the place of Lilly? The only difference is she would join up with the original crew (whats left of them) as they are all fleeing the prison.

    The reason why I propose this, is that Woodbury still does not feel "apart of the show" without having a familiar face (Andrea) there. If they were to simply kick her out/have her escape after the Daryl/Merl ordeal, I could see issues with growing whats left of the Governor's character.
    Last edited by PvPisthelifeforme; 2012-12-05 at 04:44 AM.

  17. #1457
    Peronsally i think Daryl and merle wil live becaus the preview. I also think Merle is in on the whole beëing betrayed by the Governor thing, and that he is beëing used to spy on rick and group. This is just a theory i'm mostly basing this on something that happended in the comic's. The only thing that disproofs my theory is that in the comic the Governor didn't know where the group was and stuf.

    Besides if that theory is true ore not. Merle wil have an HELL of a time gaining the trust from the group especially with what he did to Glen. But i can see him working in the group eventually. Merle is kind of a badass and he is Daryl is his brother.

  18. #1458
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's funny how differently people can look at the same thing. I liked season 1 and 2 FAR more than season 3. The people acted like real people would, they weren't perfect aims, nobody was really doing anything that was out of the ordinary. It was just a group of people trying to survive zombies. Now though, it's turning into people versus people instead of people versus zombies. If the show takes the direction of the comic, and has the characters just coming across one bad group of people after another, showing humanity in it's absolute worse light every single time, with zombies as nothing more than a background, then I'll probably be done with the show. It's losing it's class. The realism of the show is also suffering under the new director. Everyone's a perfect aim, we've got a woman running around like a samurai overpowering groups of military trained men, we've got a kid acting like an adult, and we've got the main character going crazy with hallucinations. Michonne though, in particular, is making the show nearly unbearable for me. She's a character straight out of a comic book, literally and figuratively. It doesn't fit into a show. I feel like Walking Dead is turning into a cheap action gore thriller, instead of the classic it started out as.
    Same, I thought season 1 and 2 were pure ownage. Couldn't believe how good they were.

  19. #1459
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Saying that season two was bad is a cliche.

    I think there are people that dramatic series were not meant for. Some people really like that whole A-Team format. The number one shows now are weekly watchers. Speaks a lot of the viewing public. No attention span.

  20. #1460
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Saying that season two was bad is a cliche. Simple as that.
    Season two wasnt "bad"... It was just different compared to the first Season. Season 1 was more about survival and that was REALLY amazing. Season 2 was more about find a "safe" and new home and focused more on the people in the group. I can understand why people did not like S2 as much as S1. I too find that S1 > S2, but would never say S2 was "garbage" or "bad", it was just, as said before, different.
    So far i am really liking S3, dont know how the oppinion of most here are because i didnt read the hole thread, but S3 is freaking me out atm Its so amazing that i just want to see one ep after another. Cant wait till it goes on in February! Imo S3 is a good mix between S1 (survival) and S2 (finding a safe place) thus making it better than both seasons before

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •