very sad episode.. merle was a dick but he was really funny at times.. when I saw him first knock her in the back of the head i assumed he killed her with his knife-arm.. but then i had to look again and see he only knocked her out. then when he lets her go i knew he was going on a mission.. at first in the car i thought it was just suicide but who wants to get eaten by a herd of zombies anyway.. theres easier ways to go. then i see hes taking out like 8 guards.. he proly woulda got the governer too if he kept firing instead of sniping cause they would catch on quick enough anyway. i mean come on he shot the guy directly infront of the governer but hey didnt have time to actually kill him.. anyway i guess the show would seem odd if the GV died before the last episode.. oh well. im glad Merle redeemed himself but wish he really didnt die in the first place.. he may be rude but hes an amazing actor.

good episode overall..this one and the one before it were very decent.

This episode had a good mix of drama and action, which is what this series is all about! Way better than the last couple snoozefest episodes. I was soooooooooo sad when Merle turned into a walker - I clear forgot that was a possibility and thought Daryl would find his dead body (or part of it) - and I felt Daryl's sadness and frustration. What's going to happen in the finale?

As seen in the preview video on AMC's website, Rick's group is packing up and leaving the prison. I think they will boobytrap the prison like with the barbed wire, set some walker traps, etc. Governor and his whole crew will walk right into a trap and our favorite group will be long gone. I think Milton will of course save Andrea, ugh. I'm most excited to see what Daryl's response is going to be in this next episode.... crying? full-on rampage? stealth attack?

Who puts a car alarm on some old ass piece of crap car like that?
    And how do all these cars even have gas? I haven't seen one person syphon gas yet. Zombie apocalypse logic right there.

Great episode though. If they do follow the comic somewhat closely for the finale, I can safely assume how the Governor dies and who lives afterwards.
    Really stoked for next Sunday. Same night as new Game of Thrones. Should be a great night of television.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Merle sure as hell redeemed himself. Watching the episode for a second time. I just don't get how Merle did not get one good hit on the governor.He had a few chances to stab him.
    Well for one he had been drinking and for another, like 4 or 5 guys beat the hell out of him until the Governor was like "he's mine" or whatever it was that he said. I can't believe he bit off Merle's fingers. o_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I expected merle to die, but i really wish he didn't I wish he killed someone of importance at least but nope, randoms and a kid.

I swear if the next episode ends with the governor still alive i'm going to be extremely pissed off.
    i would prepare for that case...i assume the prison assault is way bigger to show than to just handle it in like 30 minutes. my take is, the screen turns black with a standoff between rick and the governor...see you in 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy McNasty View Post
    Who puts a car alarm on some old ass piece of crap car like that?
    And how do all these cars even have gas? I haven't seen one person syphon gas yet. Zombie apocalypse logic right there.

Great episode though. If they do follow the comic somewhat closely for the finale, I can safely assume how the Governor dies and who lives afterwards.
    Really stoked for next Sunday. Same night as new Game of Thrones. Should be a great night of television.
    Pretty sure you could see T-Dog siphoning gas while they were on the highway.

OT: Good episode but the first 25-30 mins seemed a bit lack lustre. I not sure whether or not I like this method for the second part of season 3. It just feels like they are saving every good thing for the last episode which may make sense but I think some more in the other episodes would have been nice. Was hoping to see what became of Andrea in this episode but what worries me most is that they have left so much in the air that I don't think the last episode will be able to be long enough to finish the story line so either it will be rushed through or the story will carry on into next season which I really don't want.

Cannot wait for next week's episode.

Judging by the promos, it looks like the prison group have moved out/are moving out. And looking at the title, "Welcome To The Tombs", I'm guessing they might release the walkers in the prison's tombs as they leave. I hope they've thoroughly booby trapped the place if they do. Just a lil' bit of speculation.

Either way, I want to see Allen ripped to shreds. Cannot freakin' stand him. He'll be an even bigger dick now that his son is dead.
    And then maybe the Governor.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy McNasty View Post
    Next weekend is finale for Walking Dead, Premier for GoT, and Midseason resumption/premier of Doctor Who.

Pretty sure every nerd in the world is going to overdose on TV this weekend, myself included.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    All she was good for was a good boinking for the governor. Wish they'd kill her off. And honestly, even if no one agrees with me about her acting skills, her character brings nothing to the show. They could kill her off and it wouldn't do anything. The fight is between the Governor and Rick.
    I think Shane also got some in the front seat of that car back in Season 2, can't forget that. But yeah, I'm not a big fan. Nothing against the actress, but I haven't really cared much for the character since she was introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I think Shane also got some in the front seat of that car back in Season 2, can't forget that. But yeah, I'm not a big fan. Nothing against the actress, but I haven't really cared much for the character since she was introduced.
    Definitely not supporting suicide, but I should have known when I was angry that they didn't let her kill herself that her living was not going to support my enjoyment of the show. Her character makes me apathetic to whatever is going on around her and is generally the worst written character on the whole show.

Even Hershel's other, practically non existent daughter, is written better than she is.
    BAD WOLF

All those feels.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    All those feels.

Stahp, i really teared ....

So, why does he go loco on zombie Meryl?
    Because he hated him for what he had become (dbag/evil) or because he was killed/zombified (rage towards govner)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post

Because he hated him for what he had become (dbag/evil) or because he was killed/zombified (rage towards govner)?
    Both and that he was a bastard to Daryl before the apocalypse, pent up resentment and anger coming to a head.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Just seen the episode myself, and since everything has been spoiled already I guess I don't have to black out my lines.

Overall, only the Merle scenes were worth watching, but all the rest was just useless filler. Glenn once again saying he loves Maggie, Hershel being the oldie old man, Rick apologizing the group for keeping a secret, governor hanging around and saying one word the entire episode, Michonne being uber against walkers even without her sword...

I preferred last week's episode more, the ending to this episode was quite touching trough.

Still, I'm dissapointed. This is the second last episode to the season, and they've barely been doing anything, outside of Merle throwing his life to the governor. Even season 2 had an amazing second last episode, with Shane and all. The very last episode has to do a shitton of stuff to wrap up the season, or I'm afraid the governor will just be back in season 4.

I was also dissapointed not see'ing what happened to Andrea, considering last weeks episode ending

Never liked Merle anyway. Now if only Michonne would get killed I might like the full cast again. But either way, they know how to make a death sad. Much like with Lori, whom I absolutely despised, the reaction of Rick (and now Daryl) was enough to make them sad regardless. Not nearly as sad as Shane, since he remains my favorite character, but still. I figure Beth will die next week, which will annoy me since she is my favorite girl on the show so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post

I like to think he was mad at him for making things right, but doing it too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    I like to think he was mad at him for making things right, but doing it too late.
    On top of the fact that he really, really loved his brother. That much is readily apparent. I just watched the episode with my wife and we both teared up. God Norman Reedus is a great actor.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Really good episode, picked things up nicely after the slow last few weeks. I wonder what next week will bring. As a veteran of the graphic novels it could be really crazy, although I doubt it will go that route.

Still sad to see another show go for another year. Not really sure what to watch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Really good episode, picked things up nicely after the slow last few weeks. I wonder what next week will bring. As a veteran of the graphic novels it could be really crazy, although I doubt it will go that route.

Still sad to see another show go for another year. Not really sure what to watch anymore.
    Game of thrones, once that's finished Breaking Bad and Dexter should be airing soon again(both around June). There's plenty!
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The walking dead is trending!