I don't know if this has been said before as I didn't look through the posts but was I the only one who thought it seemed like Merle took his car through a car wash and got it detailed on the way picking up his swarm of undead? When he was hotwiring it the car was dirty as all hell and enough dirt/dust to make it look brown...but when he got closer to the meeting place it didn't have a spot on it, it actually looked like a nice car. Hell, even the glass was flawlessly clean (until the camera went back into the car.) Little nitpicky but that ruined the immersion for me.

Other than that I liked the episode. I wonder if Maggie or Glenn is going to die...because it's definitely one of them.

I also am not sure what to think about the next episode, they are clearly planning on leaving but I am wondering if they get rushed when they are preparing to leave...maybe they make their escape through the tombs and unlock cell doors as they go.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I don't know if this has been said before as I didn't look through the posts but was I the only one who thought it seemed like Merle took his car through a car wash and got it detailed on the way picking up his swarm of undead? When he was hotwiring it the car was dirty as all hell and enough dirt/dust to make it look brown...but when he got closer to the meeting place it didn't have a spot on it, it actually looked like a nice car. Hell, even the glass was flawlessly clean (until the camera went back into the car.) Little nitpicky but that ruined the immersion for me.

Other than that I liked the episode. I wonder if Maggie or Glenn is going to die...because it's definitely one of them.

I also am not sure what to think about the next episode, they are clearly planning on leaving but I am wondering if they get rushed when they are preparing to leave...maybe they make their escape through the tombs and unlock cell doors as they go.
    Both were alive for a long time after the prison, so I don't see either dying.

Safe: Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl
    Probably Safe: Beth, Glenn, Maggie
    Goners: Carol, Hershel

I think Beth will live because early in S3 there was a mild love interest thing going on between her and Carl (which was Sophia's role in the comics).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Game of thrones, once that's finished Breaking Bad and Dexter should be airing soon again(both around June). There's plenty!
    Game of Thrones is meh for me. I usually end up watching it when it's over in a few sittings. Breaking Bad I'm looking forward to though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Safe: Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl
    Probably Safe: Beth, Glenn, Maggie
    Goners: Carol, Hershel
    I wouldn't count glenn or maggie safe after seeing that last episode, with the marriage proposal thing etc it just makes me think one of them is going to die, hopefully it'll be maggie if one of them does.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good episode finally! Back to the good old Walking Dead. Next episode is going to be badass, can't wait.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Seeing old side characters appear in the Zombie hordes and such would be lovely
    Most older characters got put down in one fashion or another with no hopes of a second life as a walker. I was just thinking about the first season and the farm and just how many people have died up til now. I was reflecting on that when Rick was giving his rally speech.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't keep everyone around, though it would start to get stuffy with the people they inevitably will pick up from Woodbury. I'm guessing we will have to sacrifice a couple in order to have the new blood from WB.

All I know is if Daryl dies, ever, I'm not watching another episode. I would rather watch Boondock Saints 3: Zombies in Ireland than see the show without him. Speaking of which...I want to watch Shaun of the Dead now.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I wouldn't count glenn or maggie safe after seeing that last episode, with the marriage proposal thing etc it just makes me think one of them is going to die, hopefully it'll be maggie if one of them does.
    I cannot really explain my rationale without delving into the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I cannot really explain my rationale without delving into the comics.
    I mean this is a spoilers already thread, might as well call it pretty plainly that they will both live. That would be a pretty major deviation from the comic with no point really.
    BAD WOLF

Glenn died in the comics did he not?

EDIT: Just looked it up, yes Glenn gets his head bashed in by Negan with a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrety View Post
    Yup he does.

There you go, Scrapbot. Is my Signature small enough now? Will you finally shut up, you automated pretentious &##(@)!?

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT: Just looked it up, yes Glenn gets his head bashed in by Negan with a baseball bat.
    Yes...much, much later in the story than we are at now.
    BAD WOLF

I hope the writers have enough sense not to include something that brutal on the show.

A large portion of the television audience are not sadists. I think the show needs a lighter tone than the comics, like the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I hope the writers have enough sense not to include something that brutal on the show.

A large portion of the television audience are not sadists. I think the show needs a lighter tone than the comics, like the first season.
    Yeah I would definitely hope they deviate away from that in the TV show.

I fail to see the problem, what's the difference between a zombies head getting smashed up close and a normal human one, I hope they keep it brutal.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I fail to see the problem, what's the difference between a zombies head getting smashed up close and a normal human one, I hope they keep it brutal.
    The association of needing to kill undead/non human creatures with brain damage and sadisticall beating a real person to death is what's the problem. You might not see a difference, but it's a rather large one that doesn't have a place in a show that is trying to have a large audience.

Something that brutal would alienate a lot of people who are probably already uneasy with the level of violence, but are captivated by the story. You forget that the world isn't made of nerds and horror fans and that 'normal' people watch these shows too.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't dale die much later in the comics though, it's not really sticking to them as such. Or did he not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Didn't dale die much later in the comics though, it's not really sticking to them as such. Or did he not?
    Yeah but they wrote dale off because the actor was going to stop working on the show(I don't remember the reason).

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The association of needing to kill undead/non human creatures with brain damage and sadisticall beating a real person to death is what's the problem. You might not see a difference, but it's a rather large one that doesn't have a place in a show that is trying to have a large audience.

Something that brutal would alienate a lot of people who are probably already uneasy with the level of violence, but are captivated by the story. You forget that the world isn't made of nerds and horror fans and that 'normal' people watch these shows too.
    You say that like there isn't already a ton of human to human violence; that's pretty much what the entire third season is about. It's just a show, and there are a lot of shows that get super close to killings with no problem.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2013-03-26 at 08:03 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Thanks for fucking spoiling it for me. Hasn't even aired for me. Fucking damn it.

Edit: I suppose it's my fault because I didn't understand BreakingBad420's post. Thought he just left something out at first.
    It clearly says spoilers in the thread title, as it always does, why come to a thread about the series less than 24 hours after its been aired world wide?

Anyways I was starting to enjoy Merle character more and more and tbf it was a brilliant plan to take down the governor, The walkers as a distraction with loud music to draw more,

Waiting to fire until they fired to cover his rifle blast, taking the ones at the back so the front two didnt notice of have time to react,

Realistically, if he didn't get himself pissed before doing it, I think he had a real chance of pulling it off,

Also Im surprised the governor let him die / turn and not took him back as a trophy / public execution or a way to scare the prison group

Also

Dat trailer of the minigun firing grenades

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Most older characters got put down in one fashion or another with no hopes of a second life as a walker. I was just thinking about the first season and the farm and just how many people have died up til now. I was reflecting on that when Rick was giving his rally speech.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't keep everyone around, though it would start to get stuffy with the people they inevitably will pick up from Woodbury. I'm guessing we will have to sacrifice a couple in order to have the new blood from WB.

All I know is if Daryl dies, ever, I'm not watching another episode. I would rather watch Boondock Saints 3: Zombies in Ireland than see the show without him. Speaking of which...I want to watch Shaun of the Dead now.
    You got to remember, the series is following the comic, so its not their choice to kill of a main character,

I havent read them as I cant find a ebay auction or amazon but I don't think rick or daryl will be killed off, and either glen will be or maggie, but not both, the rest are fair game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    You say that like there isn't already a ton of human to human violence; that's pretty much what the entire third season is about. It's just a show, and there are a lot of shows that get super close to killings with no problem.
    I didn't say it like that at all...try rereading the actual post. Let's be real. The level of violence in the comics is over the top and sadistic at points because it's not a TV show. Glen gets his head just repeatedly splattered apart by a maniac. That sort of violence does not translate to TV at all.

It has nothing to do with violence against others. You can shoot people, beat up people, stab them....but you typically don't repeatedly hammer their skulls in with a barbed wire baseball bat. The whole point was that it will alienate a lot of the audience and nothing you say it going to disprove that. They might choose to walk that line to be outrageous and girtty, who knows? It just won't sit well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You got to remember, the series is following the comic, so its not their choice to kill of a main character
    Judging from other people who have come and gone differently, and characters that don't even exist in the comic, yeah I think they have some choice in the matter.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Really sucks that the season finale is on at the same time as the Game of Thronese season premiere. Guess I'll have to On Demand one of them.