The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    @ cubby
    You stated on the previous page that you don't want to discuss about character development in the show but I do wonder how you would defend Tyrese's action if he indeed not killed the guy. He threatened to kill a baby and kicked him out to the Walkers. The show often highlights him as a brute force and I had hoped that would be his change of heart when he punched the guy several times in the head (must be a hell of a headache then). After 5 seasons, do we still accept that they hesitate to do the right thing especially if they must deal with people who are easily willing to kill a baby?

I like to discuss stuff like this and I don't mind other opinions. That's why I try to keep it light-hearted
    I like to discuss this stuff, too. I guess I have to withdraw my "no character development" discussion because that's all I've talked about. In regards to Tyrese's actions, I feel that I don't have to defend them at all, it's not my character, it's his. If it were me with some asshat that tried to kill a baby, I'd have him disemboweled in a couple of seconds. But Tyrese isn't me nor you, and so his actions are his own (within, obviously, the Walking Dead world) - and so far he is actually staying "in-character". He's playing the big softy right now, and it works, although I'm curious if they will put him in a situation where he has to kill humans, and at that point, when he reverts back - people better watch out, 'cause that guy is huge.

If you will recall the conversation that Tyrese and Martin had in the cabin before Martin escaped. Martin was basically outlining the us/them attitude that Tyrese has - so the justification of his actions is all there.

I thought it was stupid how he got attacked/ bitten by the pool Zombie (Do you mean with "past" the last episode? Sorry English is not my native language and I try to improve it ). They knew that some Zombies were under water because they dropped a shelf on them and you could see the bubbles. Isn't that like first chapter in Zombie Survival guide 101? And you have to agree that they really foreshadowed that something will happen to Bob because of his optimism.
    They were all walking around in the water after the shelves went down, so it was just bad luck that it was Bob that got attacked (and I still think bit, but we'll have to see). I agree about the foreshadowing, he was fucked from the get go on that.

I also just love the multiple plot lines going right now. We have the car that flew by that Carol and Daryl are chasing, we've got Galeth and his Terminus bunch, we've got Gabriel and whatever the fuck he did, and finally that guy that we got just a glimpse of at the end of the first season. So much awesomeness!

(and your english is fantastic)
    Last edited by cubby; 2014-10-20 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post

Right now, they could have Shane come back to life and steal the baby to raise her in peace.
    Jesus christ, use spoiler tags, not everyone has read the comics like us!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Although I don't remember every little back story, I know that Tyreese was always against the killing. But you don't mention the whole head punching scene which is now a "Did you really think he killed someone and developed as a character? Gotcha!" moment.

Yes, he doesn't want and didn't do it in the end.

Remember this scene (watch till the end for comedic purpose)

He hesitated at first but when they were desperate enough, he got in full hammer time mode. I thought he would smash again because he cares deeply for Judith.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Jesus christ, use spoiler tags, not everyone has read the comics like us!
    Where is the spoiler? Shane dead? Not exactly a comic spoiler.

Secondary, I know this always ends up being a touchy subject in this board, but do spoiler alerts need to last forever and ever, because someone MIGHT at some point want to pick up a comic that is already a decade old.

I would suspect that if you are reading a non-spoiler free Walking Dead TV section of this board, you have already read the comics or you don't have a lot of interest in reading the comics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Where is the spoiler? Shane dead? Not exactly a comic spoiler.

Secondary, I know this always ends up being a touchy subject in this board, but do spoiler alerts need to last forever and ever, because someone MIGHT at some point want to pick up a comic that is already a decade old.

I would suspect that if you are reading a non-spoiler free Walking Dead TV section of this board, you have already read the comics or you don't have a lot of interest in reading the comics.
    The spoiler wasn't Shane dying, it was him coming back to life and stealing Judith. I just made it up, and it's pretty clear that it will never happen. ItachiZaku was just joking, lmao.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The spoiler wasn't Shane dying, it was him coming back to life and stealing Judith. I just made it up, and it's pretty clear that it will never happen. ItachiZaku was just joking, lmao.
    Even I got that, lol. That was pretty funny though - it would make a hysterical scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Again, if you don't like the show, stop watching it. But last night's episode was more of the same fantasticness. Multiple threats popping up, plot lines from Season 4 coming back. Character development moving forward - all great stuff. You have yet to really put forth any legitimate complaint (they aren't hunters! is a bullshit comment and you know it).

And you had to know the Terminus people weren't out of it - Rick has to kill their leader with his red handled machete.
    I've read all the comics, and watched every episode since the day it first aired. I love the show, and that's what makes this one so upsetting.

I don't want to argue about it anymore so I'll just leave it at this; I didn't like this episode because I see huge plot holes. I know it's just a TV show and I'm probably looking too much into it but I can't help it, it bugs me. However with that said, it's still a great show and I won't stop watching it because of one bad episode, IMO.

When Rick escaped did he take that machete with him? It would be awesome if he used that machete to kill Gareth.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Even I got that, lol. That was pretty funny though - it would make a hysterical scene.
    Carol: She's with Shane, now.
    Rick: SHANE WTF
    Daryl: Yeah *eats spoon of fruit cocktail* you didn't know, man?

- - - Updated - - -

When Rick escaped did he take that machete with him? It would be awesome if he used that machete to kill Gareth.
    To me, it's always the little things like this that make me love/loathe something. Really, my biggest gripe about Transformers movie series? Sideswipe. He's NEVER without Sunstreaker. GRRR lol

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've read all the comics, and watched every episode since the day it first aired. I love the show, and that's what makes this one so upsetting.
    I will accept the truce and we can agree to disagree.

(on a lighter note, what have been your favorite parts of the show so far - any of the seasons)

We learned that the red machete was in the bag of guns that they stored outside Terminus before they went in at the end of Season 4. Rick told Gareth that he was going to kill him with it during the Season 5 premiere, when he was hog tied and about to be bled out. Rick was threatening Bob (haha, tasty!) with a knife to the eye when Rick finally caved in and told Gareth about the hidden bag.

I had rewatched the last two episodes from Season 4 before the Season 5 premiere. The line "he's mine" from Rick is absolutely breathtaking, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

To me, it's always the little things like this that make me love/loathe something. Really, my biggest gripe about Transformers movie series? Sideswipe. He's NEVER without Sunstreaker. GRRR lol
    So do you love/loathe this red machete issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I can't help but imagine zombie Shane sprinting through the camp, grabbing Judith, and then just running off to never be seen again. I would feel bad for Rick, he was finally becoming sane again!

- - - Updated - - -

I will accept the truce and we can agree to disagree.

(on a lighter note, what have been your favorite parts of the show so far - any of the seasons)

We learned that the red machete was in the bag of guns that they stored outside Terminus before they went in at the end of Season 4. Rick told Gareth that he was going to kill him with it during the Season 5 premiere, when he was hog tied and about to be bled out. Rick was threatening Bob (haha, tasty!) with a knife to the eye when Rick finally caved in and told Gareth about the hidden bag.

I had rewatched the last two episodes from Season 4 before the Season 5 premiere. The line "he's mine" from Rick is absolutely breathtaking, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Truces are always good. If only all problems were that simple

Oh man, that's a tough one. I think one of my favorite things about this show has been some of the seriously big character changes. Carl has jumped around so much when he used to run away, and he shot that Woodburry kid that was trying to give up his weapon. Now he actually seems like he cares about people and has hope. And Carol used to get beaten by her husband! I would love to see someone try and put their hands on her now. What about you?

And I clearly need to rewatch the end of season 4, I might just end up watching all of season 4 again.

Move along.

Well, since I haven't read the comics, it's not as big of a deal - but I do know about it now. So, definitely a love thing, if it happens.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, since I haven't read the comics, it's not as big of a deal - but I do know about it now. So, definitely a love thing, if it happens.
    I haven't read them either. All my info is just from past episodes. I sincerely hope that Rick/Galeth have a mini-epic showdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Truces are always good. If only all problems were that simple
    Could not agree more - wish it were so.

Oh man, that's a tough one. I think one of my favorite things about this show has been some of the seriously big character changes. Carl has jumped around so much when he used to run away, and he shot that Woodburry kid that was trying to give up his weapon. Now he actually seems like he cares about people and has hope. And Carol used to get beaten by her husband! I would love to see someone try and put their hands on her now. What about you?
    I really like post-amputee Hershell and Rick's interaction at the Prison. Hershell trying to keep Rick amongst the optimistic and trying to save Carl as well.
    -Shane turning after not being bit.
    -Carl having to kill his mom and then giving up on life when it seems like he has to then kill his dad.
    -Rick coming around to "getting along rather than fighting" when the Governor tries to kick them out of the prison, his speech.

And I clearly need to rewatch the end of season 4, I might just end up watching all of season 4 again.
    I can think of many worse ways to spend 12 hours.
    Last edited by cubby; 2014-10-20 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't blown away, it would be great if Bob had been bitten though and they all start turning or something. Otherwise a mediocre episode. Seriously though, wth was that priest doing wandering around and how does someone like that survive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I wasn't blown away, it would be great if Bob had been bitten though and they all start turning or something. Otherwise a mediocre episode. Seriously though, wth was that priest doing wandering around and how does someone like that survive?
    Scavenging for food, I imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Scavenging for food, I imagine.
    Yeah, I meant unarmed, forgot to add that. Even if you don't want to kill, what the hell are you expecting to do?

I have to think Bob was one of the cannibals. Or maybe the Terminus, pre-cannibal, which is why he says he was part of a group where everyone died (because he no longer considers them people). After all, he's the one who tells Rick "you were right about them all having to die." Bob has been an angsty character since he was introduced, obviously trying to forget some demons of his past group, in some way. If that's the case, though, he let them walk right into Terminus. Gareth definitely seems to have a relationship with him that extends prior to the trough scene. Would he think it "cosmic" if they had caught Rick outside? After all, they're hunting Rick (and Bob) and his group. Maybe he was one of the guys who took over the Terminus with face-tattoo guy.

I think Gabriel's sin is not letting people into the Church, and that weighs on him more than it should. Either that, or he's somehow connected to the Terminus people. After all, above the arch in the Church it says "Eat of my flesh, and have eternal life" and the Terminus people did start out as a peaceful collective. Maybe Gabriel's been snacking on some human meat as well.

As for Tyrese, in the Talking Dead (y'all should watch it), Chad Coleman, Tyrese's actor, said that he (Tyrese) beat the guy so hard he thought he was dead, and that he lived wasn't intentional on Tyrese's part. He didn't lie to Carol, he merely didn't make sure, like he should have. He seemed to be more concerned with getting Judith out of there anyways.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As for Tyrese, in the Talking Dead (y'all should watch it), Chad Coleman, Tyrese's actor, said that he (Tyrese) beat the guy so hard he thought he was dead, and that he lived wasn't intentional on Tyrese's part. He didn't lie to Carol, he merely didn't make sure, like he should have. He seemed to be more concerned with getting Judith out of there anyways.
    I'm not sure having to watch another show to get clarification of the first show is such a good idea. I don't like post-episode live clarifications - if you can't get the point across in the show, then what's the point of having the show.

In this case, I like the idea of it being a mystery (thanks for the spoiler warning, btw) of whether Tyrese can now kill or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to think Bob was one of the cannibals. Or maybe the Terminus, pre-cannibal, which is why he says he was part of a group where everyone died (because he no longer considers them people). After all, he's the one who tells Rick "you were right about them all having to die." Bob has been an angsty character since he was introduced, obviously trying to forget some demons of his past group, in some way. If that's the case, though, he let them walk right into Terminus. Gareth definitely seems to have a relationship with him that extends prior to the trough scene. Would he think it "cosmic" if they had caught Rick outside? After all, they're hunting Rick (and Bob) and his group. Maybe he was one of the guys who took over the Terminus with face-tattoo guy.
    Very interesting take on that - hadn't though about it that way.

I think Gabriel's sin is not letting people into the Church, and that weighs on him more than it should. Either that, or he's somehow connected to the Terminus people. After all, above the arch in the Church it says "Eat of my flesh, and have eternal life" and the Terminus people did start out as a peaceful collective. Maybe Gabriel's been snacking on some human meat as well.
    Yeah, I think the same thing (aside from the cannibalism part). I think Gabriel kept all the food for himself, barricaded himself in the church when shit got bad, and locked everybody else out while they were being eaten alive by Walkers. I'm betting the chick with the glasses (girl who was in the photo with Gabriel/walker who was in the food bank) was probably the one who scratched that "YOU'LL BURN FOR THIS" message on the wall. Also why Carl saw indications that someone other than walkers had been trying to enter.

Either that, or Gabriel was lying when he told Rick he'd never killed anyone before. He could've done worse than just locking people out...he may have pulled a Shane and popped someone in the leg to distract the walkers from coming after him.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-10-21 at 02:53 AM.

Weeks? If that was weeks it just confirms my poor writing comment. And again, Tyrese not killing that guy is just unbelievable surprise plot and it's a cheap cop out for bad writing. No one would have let that kid survive after being in the zombie apocalypse for 2 seconds, let alone over a year.

A small, well organized, motivated group of experienced hunters would have a hard time tracking anything in a world with zombies walking all over the place. Tracking isn't as simple as "oh look, a perfect line of footprints, lets follow it until we reach where we are going." And from the looks of it the terminus people had NO hunting experience.
    Then you didn't even try to watch the epsiode or those prior, it 100% is what Tyresse would do. in fact i was genuinely surprised when he said he killed him.

I actually hope that Tyreese remains conflicted about killing the living. It's getting a little tiresome to see every other character in Rick's group become seasoned and hardened killers of both the living and undead alike.