10+ Year Old Account
    A well paced but not overly interesting episode with a stupid ending imo. I know, another negative voice, but it wasn't bad, it just wasn't good either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I didn't fucking see that coming. More poor writing, it's just getting worse and worse.

And I know I sound like a broken record here, but more shitty medical drivel. The doc said Epi drip, which means to inject the drug into the IV bag and give a slow dose over time. All Beth did was slam a ridiculous high dosage straight into the blood stream, which you would NEVER do unless the patient was in cardiac arrest, and even then the dose would be 1/5th to 1/10th of what Beth gave. AKA, she just killed Carol.

It takes 2 seconds to Google this shit, it's amazing how much these people get paid to do absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-11-24 at 05:06 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Wow, I didn't fucking see that coming. More poor writing, it's just getting worse and worse.

And I know I sound like a broken record here, but more shitty medical drivel. The doc said Epi drip, which means to inject the drug into the IV bag and give a slow dose over time. All Beth did was slam a ridiculous high dosage straight into the blood stream. AKA, she just killed Carol.
    These kinds of specifics don't really annoy the ignorant average watcher, i.e. me. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    The minute he mentioned epinephrine I just said to myself to ignore the next medical balls up and write it off as a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The minute he mentioned epinephrine I just said to myself to ignore the next medical balls up and write it off as a joke...
    Nice coping mechanism, lol.

Meh, I have no clue how any of the medical stuff works, so I guess ignorance is bliss in my case. Beth could've stabbed Carol in the heart Pulp Fiction style, and I probably would've bought it.

I know the feeling though. As an NCIS fan who does PC repair and general IT service for a living, I cringe every time they show one of those "OH SHIT WE'RE BEING HACKED LET'S STOP THE BAD GUY BY FURIOUSLY TYPING AND MAKING UP BULLSHIT ACRONYMS" scenes.

It's like that with any kind of drama, I guess. Actual cops/lawyers probably have the same feeling about shit that happens on Law & Order, while the rest of us are blissfully ignorant and just enjoy the show.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-24 at 06:36 PM.

This episode was...meh. Little to no depth or character development. Saw the trite-ness of Sasha being fooled by another guy named Bob about 5 miles away.

The only interesting thought I had: Why was Daryl in favor of Tyrese's plan? Would they have gone with Tyrese's plan if it was just Tyrese backing it? My opinion is no, but Daryl lent some authority to that suggestion. When that plan inevitably fails, will it change Tyrese's character at all? If Beth or someone else tight-knit in the group dies because of his plan, will the rest of the group resent him for his gentle giant ways?

That's the only interesting story point in this episode, I thought: whether Tyrese (and to some extent, Daryl, with convincing Rick not to shoot the obvious bad-apple cop - as an aside, never trust a white guy who shaves his head, bad guy trope numero uno) can hold on to their humanity a bit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah, the Beth-is-now-an-ER-nurse shit is getting old, but at least she wasn't on very much. Also, someone in here said that the Doctor is hiding some bad shit. I have that vague feeling, too.

Deleted
    What a pointless episode. They could've combined this and the previous episode tbh. A lot of people say the past 3 episodes were lame, I personally believe the Beth introductionary episode was needed though, but that has been going on for too long now. It's taking baby steps now.

I doubt we'll get Negan this season. It'll probably take a few episodes of traveling to reach the Alexandria safe-zone. I just hope they learned from the Governor fiasco (Which dragged on for way too long) and make it very interesting and at the same time give you the scared feeling as seen in this season's premier. That was creepy as hell, and that is what they need to bring back. Negan will deliver that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I doubt we'll get Negan this season. It'll probably take a few episodes of traveling to reach the Alexandria safe-zone. I just hope they learned from the Governor fiasco (Which dragged on for way too long) and make it very interesting and at the same time give you the scared feeling as seen in this season's premier. That was creepy as hell, and that is what they need to bring back. Negan will deliver that.
    I actually enjoyed that they took their time with the Govenor's arc, though only time will tell if that was TWD's best storyline on television.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    What a pointless episode. They could've combined this and the previous episode tbh. A lot of people say the past 3 episodes were lame, I personally believe the Beth introductionary episode was needed though, but that has been going on for too long now. It's taking baby steps now.
    It was hard to really enjoy this episode, it seemed exceedingly short with a ton of ads. The character development and re-purposing of Abrahams group needed to happen, and while not the best, it was very necessary. And Rick's group needed to get to the Hospital area and get set up - it would have been too "easy" just to roll in there and take over.

I know people are tired of trusting new people, but Sasha's guard being let down with police officer Bob made some sense. It wasn't great, for sure, but it worked.

(I can't figure out why they didn't strip the captive cops of their equipment, though).

Really thought for a few seconds that we were gonna lose Daryl - I knew we wouldn't, but then wasn't sure until it was over. I also can't figure out how no one took a bullet in the car when it drove off. And then stopped dead with a flat tire - seemed like you would just keep going with one tire out. Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing how and when Negan gets folded into this story. Second half of this season will be the two separate groups, whoever is left, getting back together and heading to Alexandria.

I'm still wondering why the group will even go to DC now, since they know Eugene was lying and haven't even left the state of Georgia yet. Why bother? It's a long trip, a lot of gas and supplies, and a hell of a risk traveling out in the open like that just for the lulz, when we now know the "cure" story is bullshit.

They no longer have any real reason to spend the resources or risk traveling there, unless that reason is going to present itself later in season 5. I guess maybe Rick could use the logic that if any major part of civilization survived, it'd be DC. Maybe he thinks the group might be safer there, regardless of Eugene's lie about the cure. Although....after the CDC, I'd expect him to be a little more cautious about expecting to find a safe/permanent home anywhere.

I'm expecting the mid-season finale to wrap up the whole hospital story (or at least I'm hoping it will), but I can't speculate on where we'll be going from there.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-24 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    How did that one cop fighting Daryl not end up getting infected? Daryl smacked him with a walker's head, and I'm pretty sure those teeth hit pretty hard.
    He didn't hit him with the front of the walker's head. He grabbed the face and smacked him with, most likely, the side or the top of the head. Daryl would have to twist his hand in a completely unnatural manner to be able to hit the cop with the teeth, considering that he grabbed the head by the orbits. That said, walker skulls are pretty fragile, as we know, so it could have bursted on impact and the teeth could have pierced into Daryl's hand or the cops head, therefore infecting them. But that wasn't the case, apparently.

The episode was pretty boring, all in all. I think Abraham should be killed off soon, he's the most generic character one could imagine, like he was taken straight out of a random Van Damme's movie. Wouldn't hurt the show for sure.

The Sasha incident was just... I don't even. How dumb can you still be after fighting for survival day after day for 2 or 3 years? It's not even about trust or emotions, it's about the simplest of precautions. Tell the cop to stay a few meters away and to the side, so she didn't lose sight on him. That's all she had to do. She just met this guy. He may have seemed friendly, but she got captured and almost eaten by a bunch of cannibals, that also seemed friendly at first, a few days earlier. Yet she goes and trusts him without any hesitation. That's just awful writing right there.

I'm still hoping Beth survives. I don't think the doctor has any nefarious plans, but he's a coward and I'm guessing that if Beth dies, it will be because of him. He may be the one to start, intentionally or not, a chain of events that cause the hospital's fall and Beth's death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still wondering why the group will even go to DC now, since they know Eugene was lying and haven't even left the state of Georgia yet. Why bother? It's a long trip, a lot of gas and supplies, and a hell of a risk traveling out in the open like that just for the lulz, when we now know the "cure" story is bullshit.

They no longer have any real reason to spend the resources or risk traveling there, unless that reason is going to present itself later in season 5. I guess maybe Rick could use the logic that if any major part of civilization survived, it'd be DC. Maybe he thinks the group might be safer there, regardless of Eugene's lie about the cure. Although....after the CDC, I'd expect him to be a little more cautious about expecting to find a safe/permanent home anywhere.

I'm expecting the mid-season finale to wrap up the whole hospital story (or at least I'm hoping it will), but I can't speculate on where we'll be going from there.
    Maybe the group doesn't need to go at all to encounter the next "bad guy". Because you're right, Georgia to DC is a long drive in a world without zombies; with them, it could take weeks or months, all the while needing to scavenge food, fuel and ammo.

If I was going to guess, I would say they need to resolve the Hospital (and don't be surprised if the mid-season finale is a cliff-hanger in there, and they resolve it in the next eight), get the two groups back together again, and then have them looking for something permanent.

I'm curious if Eugene is going to survive (sure sounded like walker sounds to me), and if so, will they keep him. Imo, the water bottle trick from last night's episode was sort of a hint that his intelligence might keep him around a bit longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

I'm still hoping Beth survives. I don't think the doctor has any nefarious plans, but he's a coward and I'm guessing that if Beth dies, it will be because of him. He may be the one to start, intentionally or not, a chain of events that cause the hospital's fall and Beth's death.
    Why couldn't Rick's group take, and then keep, the Hospital? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why couldn't Rick's group take, and then keep, the Hospital? Just a thought.
    That's actually an interesting idea. Seems like a hospital would be a pretty good place to hole up, especially considering the place apparently still has running water and electricity on top of all the food growing / guinea pig breeding operations they have going on. Rick could do a "this place is ours now, you can either join us or leave" thing, similar to what he did at the prison.

Although I'm betting that, in the process of Rick's assault, the place will end up taking some kind of structural damage, getting overrun with walkers, or otherwise not be safe before all is said and done.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-24 at 08:56 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's actually an interesting idea. Seems like a hospital would be a pretty good place to hole up, especially considering the place apparently still has running water and electricity on top of all the food growing / guinea pig breeding operations they have going on. Rick could do a "this place is ours now, you can either join us or leave" thing, similar to what he did at the prison.

Although I'm betting that, in the process of Rick's assault, the place will end up taking some kind of structural damage, getting overrun with walkers, or otherwise not be safe before all is said and done.
    Hmmmm, I think I'd bet on your idea over mine. If they take and keep the hospital, it would get pretty boring afterwards - because you're right, they would have water, power and food - heaven for them. Sort of the Prison pt 2, only they'd have been protection than a shitty fence.

Well I thought this episode was a lot better than last weeks, still not that great though. I kinda expected more realistic interactions when the cops met Ricks group, seems very unlikely how they can get in and out of their car so fast, and how cool they were once Ricks group caught them. One of the cops even tried to kill Daryl with a walker, yet he doesn't get punished afterwards. Abrahams story didn't really add much other than them getting some fish and water. The church plot felt a bit confusing.

The ending was pretty stupid aswell. Atleast next weeks episode should be good.

I have a question: If Atlanta was napalmed, how did the people in the hospital survive. They're all ATL cops, right?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have a question: If Atlanta was napalmed, how did the people in the hospital survive. They're all ATL cops, right?
    They bombed the designated evac sites, where they were supposed to move the majority of the afflicted, not whole cities. At least that's what I figured from the cops' testimonies and other sources. The military probably dropped that strategy pretty fast, once more and more people started getting infected and they started losing soldiers, they started killing the patients outright in hospitals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.