I still need to get around to World War Z one of these days (the book, that is).

Deleted

This is the perfect Negan for me. Can pull off his comedic side along with maniac side.

No f bombs and Henry Rollins don't really go together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    This is the perfect Negan for me. Can pull off his comedic side along with maniac side.
    ive a feeling ash has his own undead problems to deal with bro

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    He could probably pull it off, but TWD producers have done a good job of finding unknown talent and bringing them into the fold. I expect that if Negan does indeed show up, he'll be played by an unknown. Hopefully their streak of success will continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TBH, that would feel more boring and "repetitive" to me than the "Rick falling into the abyss" thing that he nearly did last season before Michonne clocked him. Everything in TWD over the past 5 seasons has been an external threat. Always from outside the group. The closest thing they had to an internal conflict was Carol's actions at the prison, but those were just forgiven whole cloth after being banished/exiled. And ultimately everyone her actions affected is dead, so who cares, amirite? (/sarcasm)

I disagree that it would be too much of a repeat of last season to continue with the internal tension piece. Rick's brush with outright losing it has to lead somewhere - if Alexandria is just fine now that they've suddenly got a Ricktatorship, that's poor writing and not a realistic reaction considering the man was ranting and raving in the streets 2 days ago. Deanna loses her husband and in a moment of incredibly overwhelming emotion, she gives in to Rick - she herself may even be regretting that, the next morning.

Furthermore, I can't see how Morgan arriving lessens that tension considering how zen he is, and how zen he is may directly stem from something Rick told him ("All life is sacred") and that Rick once was.
    It might seem a bit like a repeat of last season, but if you think about it, the entire show has been about Rick staying on the "good" while walking a tightrope and peering into the abyss. Killing Shane in S2. No more democracy in S3. It's more and more about how much he can take and still stay the decent person he started out.

I think really the only tipping over point we'll see is if Carl or Judith die. Carl getting badly wounded (the eye or limb suggestions) might do it as well, but I suspect it will just generate more dialogue on forums such as this.

Just a thought: if we could agree that Rick hasn't "tipped over" (and I recognize that not everyone feels he hasn't already), what action could he take that would "seal the deal", so to speak? Taking into consideration all the things he's done to date, and for the purposes of this question at least, saying that he hasn't yet tipped over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ive a feeling ash has his own undead problems to deal with bro

I am so hyped for that show, hopefully it won't be one season wonder.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TBH, that would feel more boring and "repetitive" to me than the "Rick falling into the abyss" thing that he nearly did last season before Michonne clocked him. Everything in TWD over the past 5 seasons has been an external threat. Always from outside the group. The closest thing they had to an internal conflict was Carol's actions at the prison, but those were just forgiven whole cloth after being banished/exiled. And ultimately everyone her actions affected is dead, so who cares, amirite? (/sarcasm)

I disagree that it would be too much of a repeat of last season to continue with the internal tension piece. Rick's brush with outright losing it has to lead somewhere - if Alexandria is just fine now that they've suddenly got a Ricktatorship, that's poor writing and not a realistic reaction considering the man was ranting and raving in the streets 2 days ago. Deanna loses her husband and in a moment of incredibly overwhelming emotion, she gives in to Rick - she herself may even be regretting that, the next morning.

Furthermore, I can't see how Morgan arriving lessens that tension considering how zen he is, and how zen he is may directly stem from something Rick told him ("All life is sacred") and that Rick once was.
    I was going over the Comic Con trailers and couldn't help myself but watch TWD one again. I think there is one point in that trailer where it looks like Rick is confronting Morgan, asking "do you think you can take this community away from . . . " and so on. THAT particular scene is the misleading one - where it looks like Rick is telling Morgan off. But I seriously doubt it now. If you remove that one scene, the rest of the trailer is about the neophytes of Alexandria coming on board with Rick's way of things, a Ricktatorship (love that phrase btw - reminds me of the S2-S3 turn when Rick was like, fuck you, no more democracy).

With that one scene "removed", the remainder of the trailer is Rick's group getting Deanna's group in line for survival. And then it looks like a fuck-ton of zombies come their way, and they fight some epic battle. I'm guessing the Wolf group leads the zombies to Alexandria.

What do you think?

I think the first half of the season will be Rick/Morgan/Deanna and possibly even Darryl heavy focused. With the transition of training up the Alexander folk and getting them in line with Ricks way of thinking. Which will clash with Morgan and now Darryl. Possibly they start running low on supplies making them do more supply runs. So you get some walker action. Then towards episode 8 and the 2nd half of the season will be Wolves heavy. And they will use clever techniques of fucking with Rick and stock piling up walkers outside of Alexanders gates. I think it has potential to be a really good season.

The general theme of the season? I think it will continue on the idea of giving up your humanity to survive and what are they really fighting for if they're just going to be ruthless killers. But will expand more on this just not too sure how yet.

i hope jesus shows up this season, hes my favorite.

i was thinking who id want to play him, i think colin cunningham would look the part

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    i hope jesus shows up this season, hes my favorite.

i was thinking who id want to play him, i think colin cunningham would look the part
    I've only watched the show. Jesus?

(I'm assuming this isn't the second coming)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Jesus is a bigger better badass then Michone

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Jesus is a bigger better badass then Michone
    How is that even possible?!?!?!?!

How is that even possible?!?!?!?!
    Yeah, he is pretty awesome. He's not really big on weapons in the comic and is more into...I'm not sure how you'd say it, but like martial arts/hand-to-hand combat. His fighting style is similar to the Jackie Chan shit Morgan did with those two Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah, he is pretty awesome. He's not really big on weapons in the comic and is more into...I'm not sure how you'd say it, but like martial arts/hand-to-hand combat. His fighting style is similar to the Jackie Chan shit Morgan did with those two Wolves.
    Maybe Morgan is taking his place then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    i doubt it. jesus is pretty important for the negan stuff

- - - Updated - - -

jesus isnt his real name, hes just called jesus because he looks like jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Yeah, I kinda doubt it, for the same reasons Immitis said. Also: Morgan is in the comic too, so they were separate characters in the comic.

Also...I can't quote word for word because I don't remember exactly when it was, but I'm pretty sure Kirkman said on Talking Dead once that they eventually want Jesus to be in the show (people ask him all the time about major comic characters that haven't yet been introduced on the show like Negan, etc, and he addresses those questions sometimes).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-16 at 04:24 PM.

i didn't hate WWZ, but it didn't feel like a zombie movie either. That whole end segment ruined it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

i also partially wanna see jesus because all the whining from people when a guy called jesus is gay will be hilarious.

its gonna be so damn funny, the daryl drama was funny enough

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    i also partially wanna see jesus because all the whining from people when a guy called jesus is gay will be hilarious.

its gonna be so damn funny, the daryl drama was funny enough
    Holy hell, if they bring him in, they have to keep his orientation for the show. People will go nuts! Sounds like a good character, too.

It seems like Negan isn't going to come into the show until at least Season 7. If Jesus brings on Negan, and we didn't even see him in the preview, then Season 7 is the earliest we'll see the story line come into play.

It seems like Negan isn't going to come into the show until at least Season 7. If Jesus brings on Negan, and we didn't even see him in the preview, then Season 7 is the earliest we'll see the story line come into play.
    Yeah. I think a lot of it is just waiting for the appropriate actor for the role to come along (or, in Negan's case, coming up with some way to get a character whose every other word is "fuck" on TV without butchering said character). It's a lot easier to introduce characters in the comic, since all they really have to do is draw a few different lines.

In the meantime, I'm sure the writers can come up with enough content that's original to the show, or just filler stuff. For example, I don't think the whole Dawn/hospital story even happened in the comic.