10+ Year Old Account
    Gay Jesus, I'm digging that, that'll ruffle a lot of feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah. I think a lot of it is just waiting for the appropriate actor for the role to come along (or, in Negan's case, coming up with some way to get a character whose every other word is "fuck" on TV without butchering said character). It's a lot easier to introduce characters in the comic, since all they really have to do is draw a few different lines.

In the meantime, I'm sure the writers can come up with enough content that's original to the show, or just filler stuff. For example, I don't think the whole Dawn/hospital story even happened in the comic.
    I really don’t see a way they get Negan on the show, and have him still be Negan. His expletives and his let’s say very graphic violence are two of if not the most important features of the character. There isn’t really a way to transfer those characteristics over, with them being on AMC. The Governor was changed in subtle ways from comic to TV show, but his presence and style remained mostly the same. There seems to be no way to do that with Negan, so I am really curious what they end up doing. I find it strange that Kirkman would have wrote the character, since the show was pretty popular already by the time I was written, and he knew f bombs wouldn’t be allowed.
    The Hospital, Terminus, CDC, etc. They have done several arcs that weren’t in the comics, and omitted changed things too.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I really don’t see a way they get Negan on the show, and have him still be Negan. His expletives and his let’s say very graphic violence are two of if not the most important features of the character. There isn’t really a way to transfer those characteristics over, with them being on AMC.
    If you haven't been watching Hannibal then you aren't up to date on industry graphic violence standards. After that show, I'm not sure what they can't show in regards to violence (but god forbid they show some brief nudity or curse language - jesus this is a fucked up country). The violence thing shouldn't be a problem.

The language thing might be a slight problem, but there are ways around it. Battlestar Galactica overcame it with a change from Fuck to Frack. Not sure that would work here, but there might be another work around.

i have a feeling negan will be saying bitch and shit alot
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno if its something I didn't notice before, but in the commercial promos I'm seeing now (the one where its a framed shot of each character one by one set to music), they're all deliberately brandishing weapons, where before it was just them more or less standing there. Carol is holding a knife, Michonne is unsheathing her sword, etc. Subtle but deliberate change?

spin off is meh
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Allegedly, Tom Payne is playing Jesus
    Orj, thats not what i expected at all. I was thinking a slightly "smarter" looking version of John Wick. One of the cool things about the comic character is that he completely breaks televisions version of a gay stereo type. Tom Payne has a very boyish, almost androgyne look imo. But i guess it can work fine if he is played the right way.

from the set pics ive seen he has the same hair as jesus and looks the part pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    spin off is meh
    Yeah, I can't say I've been a huge fan. I'm watching it, but I prefer the main series.

Speaking of the main series....October 11! Just a little over two weeks. I'm pretty hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the finale again. So hyped for the new season now! Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hype level is like a 4/10, last season never really took off after the first episode for me. It was good but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    My hype level is like a 4/10, last season never really took off after the first episode for me. It was good but not great.
    The hospital-plot notwithstanding, last season was my favorite season so far, at least the second half was. Although that's mostly because the themes of rebuilding society intrigues me a lot more than the "let's walk around and try to survive".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The hospital-plot notwithstanding, last season was my favorite season so far, at least the second half was. Although that's mostly because the themes of rebuilding society intrigues me a lot more than the "let's walk around and try to survive".
    Episode 9 and 10 were my favorites of the whole show.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm worming my way through S5 now that it's on Netflix and... do the writers not know that concussions are actually pretty serious, life-threatening injuries? I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single episode so far where at least one person hasn't been hit hard enough to knock them unconscious (which means a concussion) and they all get up and run around like nothing happened! Shit, Eugene got KO'd by a punch and then fell face-first onto pavement from a standing position, complete with an absurd, ridiculous squelching noise, and then he's up and at em next episode no worse for wear.

It's like they replaced the terrible understanding of how guns work of the previous seasons with terrible understanding of how head injuries work.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So I'm worming my way through S5 now that it's on Netflix and... do the writers not know that concussions are actually pretty serious, life-threatening injuries? I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single episode so far where at least one person hasn't been hit hard enough to knock them unconscious (which means a concussion) and they all get up and run around like nothing happened! Shit, Eugene got KO'd by a punch and then fell face-first onto pavement from a standing position, complete with an absurd, ridiculous squelching noise, and then he's up and at em next episode no worse for wear.

It's like they replaced the terrible understanding of how guns work of the previous seasons with terrible understanding of how head injuries work.
    Or maybe you should just chill out with your nit-picky things and just sit back and enjoy the nicely manicured lawns and the hordes of zombies that come out of nowhere all the time. Sheesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Or maybe you should just chill out with your nit-picky things and just sit back and enjoy the nicely manicured lawns and the hordes of zombies that come out of nowhere all the time. Sheesh.
    And the gasoline that still has potency and effectiveness after years of not being stabilized properly
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    And the gasoline that still has potency and effectiveness after years of not being stabilized properly
    Yeah, you either allow some poetic license or stick to documentaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Lol, yeah - I love that little detail. Zombies may have taken over the world - but dammit, that grass is gonna stay neatly trimmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of neatly trimmed bushes too...

Stealth zombies!

7+ Year Old Account
    Only one word for this show "awesome" Me and my younger brother is big fan of this show and we both have not missed a single episode of this show.