I'm definitely on this train. I hope it turns out well.

Completely forgot to post back after watching the pre-air.

Really enjoyed it. The humour works as well on camera as it does on paper and (so far) the casting seems pretty good.

7.5-8 / 10 atm

(Slightly buggy CGI blood - was oping for messy, corn syrup-esque goooop.)

I cannot wait i looks awesome. i love zombie movies as it is(the good ones there are a lot of crap ones) but an entire series fantastic. The makeup looks better than most zombie movies as well.

Saw the first ep and thought it was awesome. Haven't read the Graphic Novels though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently came across the comics and just devoured them till the last issue... and I'm hungrily waiting for issue 78 at the moment. That said, the moment I heard a series was being produced based on its story, I was both afraid and hopeful.

After watching the pre air I must say I'm not dissapoint. One of the best opening scenes, although it made me wonder why zombies pick up objects, since the books portray them as mindless eating machines...

Sorry if I spoil anything but I'm still not sure how the BOOM! Headshot of a 12 year old girl made it past censure. Still effin awesome though, that AMC was not afraid of giving the audience an actual setting of complete despair and horror by portraying an undead kid. Nothing freaks me out more than little kids murdering people.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

15+ Year Old Account
    I think stations like FX and BBCA kinda opened up people a little bit more to TV that has less censorship. Whill BBCA is mostly swearing that we don't hear alot on US TV (AKA "Shit") FX has punped out quite a few censorship bending shows, mostly Sons of Anarchy which is pretty graphic at times. For example.. I didn't need to see Tigg's (aka the "paaaper" guy from Waterworld :P) naked ass humping and grunting.. kinda messed up.

If AMC wants to start that's fine with me Hmm.. I hope Walking Dead get's put on Hulu though.. sometimes my TV craps out on me

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I think stations like FX and BBCA kinda opened up people a little bit more to TV that has less censorship. Whill BBCA is mostly swearing that we don't hear alot on US TV (AKA "Shit")
    TNT does it, too. See; 'Saving Grace'. Naturally, however, that word alone (used ad infinitum, though) deigns the MA rating.

Tigg's (aka the "paaaper" guy from Waterworld :P) naked ass humping and grunting..
    WAT *cringes*

I hope Walking Dead get's put on Hulu though.. sometimes my TV craps out on me
    There are other... avenues. Once a television show's been broadcast over a network, it's legal to download. Just not illegally, I think. I operate under more defined terms, if you catch my drift. Like, for instance, the show was actually leaked a couple weeks ago; totally illegal. Now that it's broadcast? Totally legal, if through legal venues (wat).

I didn't actually see the leaked episode 'cause I just sorta heard about it tonight, but waiting 'til now was totally worth it, anyway. In any case, I did acquire the means to view the current episode just a bit ago, as I'm sure many have legally.
    Last edited by The Good Captain; 2010-11-01 at 08:39 AM.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

So now that it aired. Who liked it?? I was hoping it would of been a 2 hour premier but hey, 90 min is ok. I did enjoy it a lot. I guess my only beef was hoping they might explain how it all happened. Maybe they are holding that out until later episodes. I am not much of a comic reader so I really don't know if they explain there either how it all happened. But I am defiantly happy with it. Can't wait until next Sunday!
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Government weapon gone bad...it was said, albeit very breifly.

Episode 1 down, and I was drained...I can already tell this is gonna be a good series. I'm definitly down for the long haul on this one.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

10+ Year Old Account
    The strictest censorship rules are only applied to the major networks(ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and CW) and public broadcasters; cable channels can get away with more because the channels didn't exist when the FCC set up the rules in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to set my DVR... will be using alternative viewing methods to see. Glad to hear that it's pretty good so far.

An amazing first episode. I watched it once live, then watched it twice more later on, online.

They do such a good job of setting up the world and characters. We got a good glimpse of what the future holds for Rick, and how that over time, his old humanity is going down the drain.

Also, the scene where Rick and Morgan part ways, was probably some of the most powerful TV I've seen in a long ass time.

CAN NOT WAIT for the next episode. CAN NOT WAIT!

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good premiere episode. Nice effects and production values for a TV series. I liked that they were able to drag scenes out that they wouldn't otherwise be able to in another format. Lennie James was awesome.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the first episode. I have never read any of the comics so I was going into it sorta blind, but it was very enjoyable and I can't wait until the next episode to air. If the series goes as well as I think then this could be one I will be getting for my DVD set provided they release it that way.

I've read it from the start, but I guess I'm kinda
    biased as Kirkman is from Lexington, KY lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I missed it on Sunday but it's sitting fresh in my download folder and I'm going to check it out today! Can't wait!

15+ Year Old Account
    So for those who have read the comics.. how loyal is to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    So for those who have read the comics.. how loyal is to them?
    So far, they are pretty loyal, while expanding on certain parts for dramatic effect.
    For instance;

The initial car chase/roadblock scene was expanded with the car flipping over etc to add to effect.
    Rick and Shane talking initially about personal issues was not in the comic, but I liked the scene because it added a bit more backstory to the characters.

In the comic, Morgan does not make any reference to his wife (or ex as the case may be). I liked the addition of his zombiefied wife b/c, again, added a bit more to Morgan's background.

In the comic he goes into Atlanta and he does encounter lots of zombies. Though he did not climb into the tank, I like the way the scene was pulled off in the show.

I greatly enjoyed the first episode of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Deleted
    The first episode was very promising. apart from the whole hospital scene, 28days later came to mind. hoping the rest of the season is just as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, got around to watching the first episode (after avoiding the pre-air version that was floating around for quite some time) and I've got to say, it gave me goosebumps, the song that plays at the end as it shows the swarm around Atlanta *twitches* Godly. I can't wait for the second episode as it's going to introduce Glenn, who's one of my favourite characters from the comics, and I want to see how faithful to that they can be.