Poll: Most Fun PvP Spec!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best PvP Druid Spec!

Hey everyone : )

I Just hit 80 with my druid and cant decide what to pvp in! I plan to just do rated bgs in cata, so if that affects which spec you think will be most fun/in demand then cool

So tell me what spec you pvp as and why do you like it so much! let's hear it : )

Quote Originally Posted by Bstore2 View Post
    which spec you think will be most fun/in demand then cool
    Most fun: Moonkin
    In demand: Restoration

Any class that can heal is always going to be more in demand as the healing spec. of their class in comparison to their DPS specs. However, they're not always the most fun.

Most fun: cat. Gd utility, great damage and finally a reliable interrupt.
    In demand: resto. pvp will always need healers.

Deleted
    I personally got bored playing cat, they died far too easily and didn't see much fun eventually.

However I now need a secondary spec to dedicate to PVP and like the OP I've no idea what to choose out of Boomkin and Resto. Even this poll has pretty much made general opinions even across all 3 specs!

My only possibly "swing" to one spec over the other may result in my guild (i.e. my 4 mates who play WoW). Currently their main PVP specs are a holy paladin, disc priest, enhancement shaman and a warlock. Now if I go resto, that's 3 healers in a group of 5 which seems a bit excessive, unless someone can convince me that free Wraths do a lot of damage in PVP! With boomkin, things become a bit more even.

Do people have any PVP specs that are working so far?

Boomkin or resto... I personally prefer resto. Cat is just meh.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral cat all the way our bleeds just melt our target

Deleted
    Problem is in cat, many things melt you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Problem is in cat, many things melt you as well!
    Only if you're bad. Get some resilience, use bear form and select your targets.
    You are not a ranged DPS that can kill things from far away. Need to play as a melee.
    Moonkins die way easier than ferals at PvP.

Global People, also Starfall : Boomkin
    Rogue with bleeds ticking harder than locks dots : Feral
    Tanking 5+ people at a time : Resto

Pick one.

Deleted
    Bear Form........in PVP!!! Not sure the universe can take such a revelation! :P

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Bear Form........in PVP!!! Not sure the universe can take such a revelation! :P
    Have you ever heard of playing defensively while being focused?
    You have tools. They are there to be used.

Deleted
    Best tool being a healer minion by your side that keeps you alive through rogue stuns or warlock dot spam! :P If you're being focused on, without heals your bear form is only going to last so long!

The one thing that we cannot see on live at 80 is what will make feral druids really useful in PvP at 85, and that's Skull Bash. Yes, a reliable interrupt is sexy to have now, but the part that most people haven't seen in action yet is the +30% mana cost component that gets put on the target.

We haven't seen the mana cost increase from Skull Bash at 80 because mana regen is through the roof for healers, and with resilience they can fake-cast heals until they're blue in the face because of it. At 85, mana disappears much, much faster, and even if we miss an interrupt via fake-casting, they will eventually NEED to heal, and it will drain their mana if you keep the pressure on.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The one thing that we cannot see on live at 80 is what will make feral druids really useful in PvP at 85, and that's Skull Bash. Yes, a reliable interrupt is sexy to have now, but the part that most people haven't seen in action yet is the +30% mana cost component that gets put on the target.

We haven't seen the mana cost increase from Skull Bash at 80 because mana regen is through the roof for healers, and with resilience they can fake-cast heals until they're blue in the face because of it. At 85, mana disappears much, much faster, and even if we miss an interrupt via fake-casting, they will eventually NEED to heal, and it will drain their mana if you keep the pressure on.
    Yeah, but our bleeds are so insane right now that we can basically drop dots on the DPS then focus on the healer and the DPS will die while the healer is self healing lol. We can put up very high pressure right now at 80.

On duels I usually just open in cat, put bleeds up then tank in bear while waiting for the kill. 4s stun from Bash while bleeds are ticking is almost a guaranteed win over anything. Also, bear damage isn't as low as before.

I don't know how things will be at 85, but I'm feeling almost overpowered right now. And maybe the resilience incoming nerf will make things look even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% Feral, but even I can admit that Boomkins have it made in PVP and Kitties still have problems (at least until 85). Hopefully at 85 that will change and Ferals have a better time at PVP than, well, forever...

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    Yeah, but our bleeds are so insane right now that we can basically drop dots on the DPS then focus on the healer and the DPS will die while the healer is self healing lol. We can put up very high pressure right now at 80.
    If you get the full PvE gear, it may be possible. But even in full wrathful kitty gear against perhaps a resto druid or holy pally in full resil sporting over 40k HP and multiple-instant cast heals... if you can't burst them down at the start, you aren't going to win. The problem with the level of resil now (and I have no idea why Blizz didn't see it coming, I saw it just when they announced it) and the reason it's being nerfed is that it put us back into the non-Cataclysm PvP style of "nuke/kill before the opener CC wears off!" I will say, at least, that if I can't even kill the full-resil healer solo, I at least made them blow a couple cooldowns.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

If you get the full PvE gear, it may be possible. But even in full wrathful kitty gear against perhaps a resto druid or holy pally in full resil sporting over 40k HP and multiple-instant cast heals... if you can't burst them down at the start, you aren't going to win. The problem with the level of resil now (and I have no idea why Blizz didn't see it coming, I saw it just when they announced it) and the reason it's being nerfed is that it put us back into the non-Cataclysm PvP style of "nuke/kill before the opener CC wears off!" I will say, at least, that if I can't even kill the full-resil healer solo, I at least made them blow a couple cooldowns.
    Nah, I have no intention to kill a high resilience healer on my own, but I guess no one can with the current resilience. The goal is to not let they heal the others, haha.
    But agains't other DPS with no heals we almost always win. Hell I can even destroy ret and prot paladins easily now, and they were a pain before.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 04:56 PM ----------

Nah, I have no intention to kill a high resilience healer on my own, but I guess no one can with the current resilience. The goal is to not let they heal the others, haha.
    But agains't other DPS with no heals we almost always win. Hell I can even destroy ret and prot paladins easily now, and they were a pain before.

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    Amen to death to prot paladin/warriors! The DK tanks are a little tricky... though if you DoT-and-run, it doesn't give them a chance to bubble.

On the healer note, at 80 it's nigh impossible to kill a full-resil (may be possible again after the next resil nerf). However, at 85, we have the tools to kill healers solo... suppose playing beta too much makes you play like that on live.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by powy View Post
    Feral cat all the way our bleeds just melt our target
    This!
    I just love to run up to stuff, bleed it up and go to next target and watch the Killingblows come streaming in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunja View Post
    This!
    I just love to run up to stuff, bleed it up and go to next target and watch the Killingblows come streaming in
    IF you're in top possible feral Wrathful gear,
    IF the opposing player can't heal
    IF no other player that can heal is in range
    IF the other play has low resilience.

Chances are it's never quite that simple or entertaining!