Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah the fact there is an hour of cinematics, should be very interesting to see what they got

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    The whole story is deathwing is all emo and wants to destroy everything, but then he just destroys random towns and causes some flooding.
    You're saying Deathwing is emo after playing two years of expansion with Arthas in the lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    I wasn't really a huge fan of this cinematic to be honest. I thought the others were better. In terms of story, I think blizzard has kind of screwed the pouch on this one. The whole story is deathwing is all emo and wants to destroy everything, but then he just destroys random towns and causes some flooding. Obviously they can't have him kill everything because then the game is over, but there is no real danger because of that. I mean you see in the cinematic he goes to SW and lands on two of the towers. What does he end up doing in SW? He destroys some trees in the park and then leaves. It seems more like deathwing is mildly annoyed instead of all raging and wanting death and destruction.
    Remember when back in vanilla you killed Onyxia and her head would be displayed in Stormwind along with Nefarians head. Well, if Im not mistaken Deathwing returns to Stormwind to get their heads to bring them back from the dead. Thats why he lands in Stormwind in the trailer.

I need to track down the posts it was said in but one of the blue's said that when 4.0.3 hits you'll log out then log back in, get a big 7-8 minute cinematic showing Azeroth being torn up and then you'll get the new world to play in.

The intro we got was for the Cataclysm expansion pack which is different from the 4.0.3 cinematic.

We still dont know what happened with park in Stormwind... So we should expect more cinematics )

Quote Originally Posted by Ahelenek View Post
    Remember when back in vanilla you killed Onyxia and her head would be displayed in Stormwind along with Nefarians head. Well, if Im not mistaken Deathwing returns to Stormwind to get their heads to bring them back from the dead. Thats why he lands in Stormwind in the trailer.
    Yeah but the point is he doesn't really do anything when there. If someone killed your children and displayed their heads in front of their house and you came back after being MIA for years, would you take the heads and just leave? Or would you take the heads and then burn down their house? I mean maybe its just me, but I would kill the guy responsible and burn his house to the ground.

It just seems like to me they have built deathwing up as being super awsomely powerful, but now they can't really do anything with that power because it would destroy all civilizations. Look at the LK. He attacked SW and Org then goes back to northrend and sat on his ass for however many months. Not to mention how many times he pulled a Dr Claw in the questing with "I'll get you next time!".

Quote Originally Posted by Cannis866 View Post
    yeah the fact there is an hour of cinematics, should be very interesting to see what they got
    Where the fuck did you get that?

People need to stop hyping themselves for more cinematics just because they want them. Because it's very likely they aren't coming.
    Last edited by Grimmer; 2010-10-18 at 05:03 AM.

They should have showed the conflict of the races, or faction leaders fighting or something. i am dissapoint

Blizzcon is about to launch this week, i was wondering - What will they be showing at Blizzcon? I would of waited a week to show the cinematic at blizzcon. tbh i think theres going to be content for another patch they will be showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I need to track down the posts it was said in but one of the blue's said that when 4.0.3 hits you'll log out then log back in, get a big 7-8 minute cinematic showing Azeroth being torn up and then you'll get the new world to play in.
    source please
    This account is considered as inactive as of 9th feb. 2011. I am now Gorgash from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

The intro we got was for the Cataclysm expansion pack which is different from the 4.0.3 cinematic.
    Pretty much what they said without the '7-8 minute' part as far as I recall. I think that is the cinematic. Might be wrong, but I'll eat my sombrero if it isn't.

The bit about the servers going down and cinematics and such are in a video of Blizzard at Gamescom.

The reference to 4.0.1 is at 4:40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eKWltKGb-o#t=4m40s

The reference to the actual Cataclysm event (including cinematic) is at 5:40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eKWltKGb-o#t=5m40s

Transcript from 5:40 (typed by me, so may be a few errors):
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    So the plan for the way that would work is that well in advance of the Cataclysm there will be that, like, patch 3.9 (has been shown to be 4.0.1) or whatever it ends up actually being numerically designated where a lot of the game system changes will go into place, things like mastery, things like the revamped talent system, stuff like that. And then, a little bit of time before the actual Catalysm happens, or, sorry, before the Cataclysm box is on the shelves, like, say a week or two before, then the actual Cataclysm event will take place. By then, everybody will have downloaded the new content for Cataclysm, both with the background downloading and when the actual event takes place, everyone will have the data by that time. Or finish downloading it if they haven't already finished downloading it. So, the servers will come down, the Cataclysm will happen, and when players log in, they will get to see the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm cinematic. And the cinematic is very much oriented around showing you the destruction of the world, showing you what's happening. And so when that cataclysm happens, the servers go down and come back up, with the changed world, everybody will be able to see what happened, and they'll have seen the cinematic, so they'll kind of understand why it happened. And at that point the world will be changed.

There may be a pre-release of the cinematic, although what we find is that while a lot of people see that, not everybody sees it. So we want to make sure that when the actual cataclysm happens, and you log in for the first time after that, that you see the cinematic.
    Bolded portions seem to imply that the cinematic we just saw IS THE ONE YOU WILL SEE IN-GAME. No mention of any 7-8 minute cinematic, just "the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm cinematic."

Not much relevant info in parts 2 and 3 of that video, but here they are if you want to watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGZwhNG_B-U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aps0rBTwJB4
    Last edited by cybermind; 2010-10-18 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be really cool if there was more, I was kinda hoping to see a Worgen and some other races.
    But I wont get my hopes up.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Im still having a hard time believeing they didn't take the oppurtunity to make a cgi rendering of alexstrasza.....LIKE COME ON

Because Alexstrasza helped destroy the world.