How hard is RS 25 heroic?

How hard is RS 25 heroic and would it be doable by a weekly GDKP on my server that is capable of clearing 8-9 HMs in ICC 25 plus reg LK kill in under 4 hours?

Thanks in advance.

This is pre 4.0 experience talking, but it is harder than heroic-PP and sindi, but not near as hard as h-LK.

It's a pretty stinking tough fight.
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Deleted
    Its not doable by a pug imo because there are so many things that can go wrong, and if 1 person fails its most likely a wipe. But good luck if you are going to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Its not doable by a pug imo because there are so many things that can go wrong, and if 1 person fails its most likely a wipe. But good luck if you are going to try it.
    Yeah i agree, my guild are abit slow and we started Rs 25 hc today and only got him to 40% on 4-5 hours wiping so its pretty though

I agree w/ Sauver; easier than H 25 LK, tougher than any other fights yet released. My guilds still in "progression mode" in trying to take H LK down, but we did switch to H RS for a couple weeks, We couldn't even get him to 50% >.> The hellish first phase will inevitably destroy any pugs attempting it, especially since most of them can't even seem to down 25 reg RS.

RS25hc is a hard boss. One of the hardest in WotLK.

But it does not beat FF25, LK25hc, Yogg0(25), Muru, Kael, maybe a few other bosses like Sind25hc and PP25hc pre-buffs, also KKKoW25. Some people will put Illdian above in difficulty too, but for me Illdian was a pretty boring fight (exciting to kill him the first time, mind you).

It's a very good DPS control fight and tests the healers very well, while requiring some serious adds controlling and raid movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Like the others are saying, it's not as hard as HLK 25, but it's probably harder than most of the other HM fights in ICC25. It's one of those fights where your healers are your best assets and your tanks have to be good enough that they don't let adds run around at all or it's very likely they'll gib your healers on the ouside in p3.

In my experience anyway, the things that will likely kill you:
    - Bad dispels/running out
    - People not watching the orbs, so getting sliced and diced
    - Parry hasting the boss on the inside while spinning
    - Tanks not picking up adds fast enough -> dead healers.
    - DPS failing to keep it around 50/50 in p3
    Last edited by pinkduck; 2010-10-18 at 04:45 AM.

It's not THAT hard. We havent killed it yet, but got it to 7% in about 4 days of attempts. Compared to 3-4 months for HLK.

Your GDKP wont kill it however. If they cant kill H PP/Sind with absolute ease at 30%, RS25H will destroy you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halion heroic could be a problem for a PuG - even a good one - for several reasons.

Leaving aside that projected textures are buggy and barely visible right now, there's still the twilight cutter - which I find easier to avoid on heroic mode than on normal mode (but that's probably an impression sparked by me having tanks that still had to learn the fight when I went there on normal mode with my alt, and the cutter always ended up cutting right through the raid for some reason).

People idling around with the debuffs. Dispells being done too early. Those are things that are also a problem in normal mode.

Tanking the adds properly so that they don't go straight after the healers is another problem.

Placing the voidzones correctly so the fire zones won't kill the people in the twilight zone when they run out to place their own voidzones is one of the biggest problems.

And lastly: You need really really decent dps. We do that fight with 4 tanks (yep, we tried it with fewer tanks and the little adds really liked the healers) and 8 healers because it was always a mess when healers got debuffs and had to run and couldn't heal. And because it was always a problem that healers generated so much healing aggro that it was also safer to just bring in another healer for the fire zone to 'spread the fire-elemental add love' around a bit and another tank to control the adds better

Oh yes, pinkduck says something wise: Parry haste in the twilight realm. It SUCKS like woah. Halion hits like a truck and the breaths aren't funny.

The boss is really simple. Basic tactics can be explained more quickly than with many other bosses, but the execution of those tactics is way difficult.

And even if you make no mistakes, your dps will likely fail a few times (at least pre 4.0.1 it happened often, that he'd go berserk on us at 3% or lower -.-).

It's a difficult fight, and tanks are more heavily in danger of getting obliterated very fast than you might expect. There's a lot of things to watch out for. I've certainly never heard of 25HC being killed by a PUG, and I'd be really really surprised if it ever happened.

And as another said... Parry haste in Twilight is scary. We killed it with 3 tanks, with the main tank getting the big fire ele misdirected to him, and a DK tank picking up all the little guys and bringing them to Halion's back leg, far enough away that they won't get buffed. Basically, all ranged on the top realm (fire realm... real realm... whatever) would burn the big add ASAP, and melee and strong AoE classes would nuke the little ones. The big add would ALWAYS be killed no matter what before returning to DPS on Halion, however. DPS in Twilight Realm or top would occasionally have to back off and let us catch up on top if it got to 70/30% on either side.