Kitty Stat questions

Hey, i recently started playing feral dps and i just had a couple questions that i could find answers to...(i could very well have missed them if so i apologize).

1)About how much crit should i aim for before i reforge for mastery?
    2)Should i just be gemming for pure agi, agi crit, or agi haste or a combination of the three?

Ty for any feed back

Reforge for mastery right away, its far better than crit.

Also, use yawings dps calculator to figure out how good each stat is for you.

(I can't link it yet, but you can find it in the 4.0.1 stickies about cat dps on the bliz druid forums)

This guide should answer most of your questions.

I read the guide several times it was indeed informative but it didn't quite answer all my questions...I tried reforging my gear but (i may have f***ed something)up but my dps actually went way down

Quote Originally Posted by zahbohra View Post
    I read the guide several times it was indeed informative but it didn't quite answer all my questions...I tried reforging my gear but (i may have f***ed something)up but my dps actually went way down
    That is odd. What were you doing previously?

When reforging, there are two approaches:

1. Reforge all Haste into Mastery, if a piece does not have Haste then reforge the next least valuable stat (Haste isn't a bad stat it but it is clearly not a great stat and ICC gear now has exceptional amounts of Haste due to the conversion from Armor Penetration).

2. Reforge the stat with the highest value on a given piece to Mastery to increase Mastery by the greatest amount. This may be the best approach if you are nearing the critical strike soft cap (76%).

As far as gemming is concerned:

1. Red = Agillity
    2. Yellow = Agility/Critical Strike (+6 Agility socket bonus or greater) else Agility
    3. Blue = Nightmare Tear (in the highest Agility socket bonus) else Agility/Hit (+6 Agility socket bonus or greater) else Agility
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-18 at 04:45 PM.

Ah ok Ty. and it was a trinket issue that tanked my dps that and i lost too much crit reforging