Thread: Ret mana issues

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ret mana issues

I've been trying the CS->Filler->CS etc rotation and have been having mana issues since doing a FCFS style and seem to be pulling a little less DPS than CS->Filer->Filler->CS I know this is probably due to me not having the 5% haste buff.

Anyway the point of this thread is that I've been running OOM after ~6 minutes and I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong. Using the priority thats been posted all over the place TV>HoW>CS>Exo>J>HW I cant even add Conc in there as I dont have the mana.

Would it be a viable option to skip an Exo or 2 just to judge? I'm using the 'rebuke glitch' but I have that glyphed. Using Salv/Rebuke/Conc glyphs at the moment should I just try using Ascetic Crusader possibly?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salv glyph is trash reglyph for CS mana reduction

I would definitely recommend Ascetic Crusader in your case, as over the course of a fight that will save you a lot of mana. I'd drop the Salv glyph for it in my opinion, though the choice is yours.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
    I've been trying the CS->Filler->CS etc rotation and have been having mana issues since doing a FCFS style and seem to be pulling a little less DPS than CS->Filer->Filler->CS I know this is probably due to me not having the 5% haste buff.

Anyway the point of this thread is that I've been running OOM after ~6 minutes and I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong. Using the priority thats been posted all over the place TV>HoW>CS>Exo>J>HW I cant even add Conc in there as I dont have the mana.

Would it be a viable option to skip an Exo or 2 just to judge? I'm using the 'rebuke glitch' but I have that glyphed. Using Salv/Rebuke/Conc glyphs at the moment should I just try using Ascetic Crusader possibly?
    Just ran ICC25 earlier today with the new talents and such and had zero issues with mana. Basically I used a rotation of hitting CS every cooldown (3.54 seconds without 5% spell haste buff and with it like 3.07 since you can't reforge haste on existing haste gear =/). The only time I would not hit a CS on cooldown was when I had 3 HP and TV'ed and procc'ed a Hand of Light in which case I hit TV again. Using I tried to make sure I was judging every 10-12 seconds (sometimes slightly longer) and rarely ever used Consecration. Reason being that I really never used Consecration was that with Hand of Light, Divine Purpose and Art of War they were usually keeping my GCD's under control and they hit harder to boot.

As for glyphs I have;

Templar's Verdict - Prime
    Exorcism - Prime
    Seal of Truth - Prime (Debating on reforging Crit to expertise where crit/haste is on gear and put in Crusader Strike)
    Salvation - Major (Some may say it's trash but with tank threat kind of low it's best to use. Also, it's very good practice to start for Catacylsm as it's saved me on beta a few times with that and bubble)
    Rebuke - Major
    Aesthtic Crusader - Major
    Minor's don't make or break anything.

I went against the Consecration glyph because I would rarely use it, if any in a boss fight. Rather spend my GCD's hitting something else than an ability that will do small amount of damage, even it it's down for a bit.

How often exactly would you say you are judging? If absolutely necessary as someone mentioned there is always Divine Plea if needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have had zero mana issues even without the Aethtic Crusader glyphs. The lowest my mana drops is when I consecrate and that doesn't happen a helluva lot.

Yeah, I'm not glyphed for any mana savings other than like some minors for Might but if you're doing it right you should hardly ever be in trouble for mana. I'm talking ever. I was going oom too right after the patch but thats because I was stuck in old ways. Nail your FCFS and you WILL NOT go oom. Don't slip in consecration when its not needed. Don't exo unless its proc'd. Don't use Holy Power unless its at 3. Nail it. All good rets wanted a shake up in the class to help differentiate the goods and the bads. Figure out which side you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I have had zero mana issues even without the Aethtic Crusader glyphs. The lowest my mana drops is when I consecrate and that doesn't happen a helluva lot.
    I could be wrong in saying this, but if your mana is barely dropping below Consecrate level I'm assuming your hitting Judgement on cooldown?

i srsly cant see what you are doing to run out of mana. If you got replenishment and arent spamming exo w/o it being procced (costs alot) or concecration,you shouldnt run oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I could be wrong in saying this, but if your mana is barely dropping below Consecrate level I'm assuming your hitting Judgement on cooldown?
    Judgement cooldown is 8 second and buff is 10 sec duration. I realy have no idea how someone goes OOM right now dpsing. No more Divine storm costing ridiculous mana, exo is free, tv is free???

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Judgement cooldown is 8 second and buff is 10 sec duration. I realy have no idea how someone goes OOM right now dpsing. No more Divine storm costing ridiculous mana, exo is free, tv is free???

My comment towards the quote wasn't about ooming. It was just that if you don't drop below 15% mana then you'd have to be judging every time it's upand in that case could mean your sacrificing dps for a smaller hitting move. Then again I have no idea what the proc's are and such. As procs now play a big role in how are mana "can" fluctuate.

I'm not often having a chance to use Judge due to the amount of lucky procs I've been getting and having no open fillers...

As said this only happens when I switched to CS->filler->CS instead of CS->Filler->Filler->CS
    Last edited by Arianwen; 2010-10-18 at 05:25 AM.

Unless you spam non-AoW exorcisms (wich you should never do) and use consecrate a lot, you shouldn't go oom, ever, atleast I dont.
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post

Last night in the 25 man raid test on beta I was out of mana non stop we are going to need to use all both mana reduction glyphs CS and HoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    It's really hard to go oom, even with a CS-filler-CS rotation and without the CS glyph, did Sindra 25 HM + Achi, and i barely dropped under 80% mana, i'm really far from judging on cooldown, i could even put Consecration when i had free GCD without worrying about mana.

One thing that might change from my point of view, is that the more haste you have, the more mana you get from Judging, i'm currently sitting at 1014 haste, so i might gets some more ticks than you, giving alot more mana back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    It's really hard to go oom, even with a CS-filler-CS rotation and without the CS glyph, did Sindra 25 HM + Achi, and i barely dropped under 80% mana, i'm really far from judging on cooldown, i could even put Consecration when i had free GCD without worrying about mana.

One thing that might change from my point of view, is that the more haste you have, the more mana you get from Judging, i'm currently sitting at 1014 haste, so i might gets some more ticks than you, giving alot more mana back.
    The biggest issue is HoW spamming and your haste isn't changing how off judgement is off CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The biggest issue is HoW spamming and your haste isn't changing how off judgement is off CD.
    Glyph of HoW ftw ?

Haste is not changing the CD, but the mana return, meaning that you'll get more mana for one judgement.

Mostly issue with mana problem can come from spamming consecation on every cd... do not do that, also try to fill in your rotation judgement. Honestly on my ret paladin i didnt get in any moment problematic with mana.

I dunno how you are running oom. I think the only pulls where I am ever in danger are AoE pulls when someone you dont have time to judge between HW, DS, cons and CS. Drink between pulls i dunno. If you are running oom on single target fights though...that just shouldnt happen.

Deleted
    Consecration shouldn't even be a part of your basic rotation, except in heavy AoE fights.