Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Re: Cata Cinematic @ lol-lore-n00bs

Ok, so silly title aside, let's cut this down nice and simple.

A. To all of you who are whining about how Deathwing wasn't smashing stuff with his wings/tail/feet/you-name-its, Deathwing is the Dragon Aspect of the EARTH. Which means(!) that he does not need to touch the Earth to make it move/collide/crumble/re-build/etc, he just has to will it and it will happen. See what I did thar?

B. To the people saying the cinematic isn't chronological... who said it had to be? It was a cinematic simply showing the mass-destruction he was causing around the world that is Azeroth. Yes it is not chronological, do you need Blizzard to tell you at the beginning?

WARNING: Parts or all of this video may or may not be chronological. You have been warned.

*gasp!* Oh no! Whatever will we do?

Seriously guys, get a grip, if you liked the cinematic, great, if you didn't? More power to you. The fact so many people are making so many threads on here, on worldofwarcraft.com and I am sure elsewhere, debating the nits and grits about this cinematic is crazy.

Okay, maybe we all have a reason to be crazy... ICC has been the only real current content available for the past **year**.... but still. Just enjoy the pro cinematic guys!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

In your thread telling you WotLK cinematic was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion View Post
    In your thread telling you WotLK cinematic was better.
    I will then /rage at you and tell you you are an LK fanboy! Misplaced and frightened! DEATHWING WILL HAVE YOU.

Can I get ya a coffee while we talk this over? :P
    "A flower.

As a side note, I thought that the goblins were the ones that attached the metal plates to Deathwing, not the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    but the LK one WAS better, doesn't mean that wrath was the better expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    As a side note, I thought that the goblins were the ones that attached the metal plates to Deathwing, not the orcs.
    They did ages ago yes, this is news to me in the cinematic of others doing it. Eh... Deathing can (#@% with your mind.... thus making you bend to his will. SO, I guess he could just do that if he wanted.
    "A flower.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    thumbs up
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

10+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    but the LK one WAS better, doesn't mean that wrath was the better expansion.
    Sigh, perhaps it was. From one point of view... but I don't know. I've always been bigger into Deathwing's lore... perhaps it is because I did not play WC3... perhaps it is because I read the War of the Ancients stories...

I never really said though this one was better, I'll admit though the WotLK one had me more giggity than this one, I was all like, oh random friend! WATCH THIS!!! ISN'T THIS SOOOO EPIC?!

Course.... I'll probably feel the same about this one when I get the dvd in the CE and put it on the big screen with surround sound... yeah... I can't make a fair judgement yet. =X

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 09:39 AM ----------

Thank you very much for the thumbs up! I wanted to finally put what I know about Deathwing from lore to use.
    "A flower.

I have wanted to kill deathwing since I was a kid.

People who hate this cinematic are still kids.

When you are an adult your vidya villains will all already be dead qq moar.
    Meanwhile, in Finland...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Sigh, perhaps it was. From one point of view... but I don't know. I've always been bigger into Deathwing's lore... perhaps it is because I did not play WC3... perhaps it is because I read the War of the Ancients stories...

I never really said though this one was better, I'll admit though the WotLK one had me more giggity than this one, I was all like, oh random friend! WATCH THIS!!! ISN'T THIS SOOOO EPIC?!

Course.... I'll probably feel the same about this one when I get the dvd in the CE and put it on the big screen with surround sound... yeah... I can't make a fair judgement yet. =X
    Well, there's also another aspect (warning, nerd stuff incoming). Deathwing's tale is massive, epic, world-shattering -- but right now, it's not at all personal. The War of the Ancients was thousands of years ago, and nobody alive today (in the game) was around when it happened, except for some Night Elves I guess. (I need to catch up on the wiki.)

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is the Arthas story is way more relatable. He was someone who wanted to do good in the world, took it a step too far, became obsessed with vengeance and turned to evil means to achieve it. Arthas could be any one of us, while most of us probably couldn't be a thousands year old Father of the Aspects.

Deleted
    And you´re right.

This really needed another thread?

"Seriously guys, get a grip, if you liked the cinematic, great, if you didn't? More power to you. The fact so many people are making so many threads on here, on worldofwarcraft.com and I am sure elsewhere, debating the nits and grits about this cinematic is crazy."

Really?

Deleted
    Wrong read day of the dragon.
    It were kobold's who did that

Goblins did it originally when he first started to fall apart because the corruption of the Old Gods and his proximity to the Demon Soul. I'm guessing he took some of his Twilight's Hammer lackeys with him back to Deepholme where they reforged his armor. Metals and molten blood dont generally go well together for a few thousand years.

i didn't even know there were lore noobs bitching about a cinematic, but anyways, point A is wrong under any...well, "aspect". Being an aspect doesn't give you COMPLETE control of wichever element you master

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Braemor View Post
    Goblins did it originally when he first started to fall apart because the corruption of the Old Gods and his proximity to the Demon Soul. I'm guessing he took some of his Twilight's Hammer lackeys with him back to Deepholme where they reforged his armor. Metals and molten blood dont generally go well together for a few thousand years.
    Was that before or after grim batol?
    cuz when the mages of the kirin thor beated him up the first time, the kobolds atteched metal plates to his body

off topic: why they make undead ony, dragon bones are much weaker then the scales
    Last edited by mmocc90b28574f; 2010-10-18 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuhandyn View Post
    Well, there's also another aspect (warning, nerd stuff incoming). Deathwing's tale is massive, epic, world-shattering -- but right now, it's not at all personal. The War of the Ancients was thousands of years ago, and nobody alive today (in the game) was around when it happened, except for some Night Elves I guess. (I need to catch up on the wiki.)

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is the Arthas story is way more relatable. He was someone who wanted to do good in the world, took it a step too far, became obsessed with vengeance and turned to evil means to achieve it. Arthas could be any one of us, while most of us probably couldn't be a thousands year old Father of the Aspects.
    You state some brutally true facts friend! But!!!

There was no other who could've gone back in time to the War of the Ancients time and withstand all of this.. and stand face-to-face.... than THE RICHARD KNAAKLY OVER-POWERED RHONIN FACE-PWNER!!!!!!

Yes, in a strange event, Rhonin got sent to that time with Krasus, as I recall from the story. I should read it again, it was very interesting... though Rhonin does some crap only Knaak could make him do, it was so ridiculous.

That aside, yes, Arthas is far easier for Azerothians to relate to... (however).. we are not actual Azerothians. We are gamers who know about both Arthas and Deathwing. So kind of bursting your bubble whilst still sustaining it. It really depends which viewpoint you take on it. Both cinematics were wonderful for sure, both had compelling points, Deathwing is an insane thousands of years old Aspect of Earth whose pain is shared by Azeroth. Arthas succeeded his father in less than positive ways through vengeance and extreme acts and has evolved into an undead-rising killing machine.

Couple differences.... Arthas holds back some of his killing due to the heart that is still in his soul and also... is only like.... 9 feet tall or so... while Deathwing wants to kill just to kill. He feels nothing. Has no remorse. Jaina won't win his heart, so to speak, heh. Also... he's thousands of feet... tall/long?

I'm ranting.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 09:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    i didn't even know there were lore noobs bitching about a cinematic, but anyways, point A is wrong under any...well, "aspect". Being an aspect doesn't give you COMPLETE control of wichever element you master
    Have you been sleeping the past 14 hours? ;P

I'd say he has enough control over the Earth, not necessarily complete, but enough to make it shatter under his rage/anger/pain. You can see it in the video, not all of it is simply from him banging his head on the walls of that cave or flying around, some of it really has to do with his emotions. He feels extreme emotions, well, the thing he is directly connected to, the planet, also feels those emotions.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    He is a former defender of azeroth and he got emotions but i realy dont know the banging is from emotions or from the pain hee feel cuz the plates ( dont think so cuz dragon scales are realy stron )

I just wish they would make a movie already, I want moar of that