Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deathwing probably offered the goblins some valuables like gold and then just killed them when they were done, because I'm pretty sure murder is not a big deal for an old ass dragon that is about to wreck the entire planet.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Maybe I saw wrong but to me it looked like Dwarves were fitting the armour...BUT I always thought Goblins did this? Also why doesn't Deathwing burst from the Maelstrom in the cinematic?
    Goblins were indeed the ones to craft his original armor. However that was thousands of years ago, given his recent defeats it makes sense that he's had to get his armor repaired from time to time. And while there probably were Dwarves (most likely Dark Iron)involved in this process, the precise races shown in the trailer isn't important.

As for why the cinematic didn't show Deathwing emerging from Deepholm, well if I had to guess that particular point was made too late to be added to the cinematic.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore View Post
    Ya, that's true, forgot about that. Emerald Dream comparison still holds up, disregard the OL part.

For what it's worth, I always thought the Supremus room thing was bullcrap. Why is it you can see Azeroth from Black Temple but from nowhere else in Outland? Why can't you see Outland from Azeroth? And when in Outland, you can see some fairly closeby planets... why can't you see THOSE from Azeroth? That's always bugged me.
    Think of Azeroth like Earth during the day. The atmosphere prevents you from seeing the planets, even though they are there.

On the other hand, Outland is like Earth during the night. There is no sky, so you can see everything out there.

As to why you can see Azeroth from that one point and nowhere else, well.....I think that was just a fun extra thing on Blizzard's part.

On topic, I think they were either Therazane's Earthen or Twilight cultists. They don't look draconic enough to be Skardyn.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are dwarves smelting his armor?
    By the looks of it, they were reforging all of his secondary stats into haste and crit

The bit I really don't get is, why when he leaves Deepholme it destroys the world. I mean, how did he get in there in the first place then?

Deleted
    It looked to me like humans, but it could have been any race at all considering the Twilight Cult is not very picky.

Deleted
    Goblins made his first armor, after that he told some dwarves to reforge his armor because he needed more mastery.

I wouldn't buy too much into what races were repairing him, we already know the Twilight Hammer is responsible for it.
    To be married on January 21st, 2011.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
    Stop! Hammertime!
    You can't touch this.

Anyway, I believe what we saw in Cinematic didn't take place 20 years ago. It's happening right now, and the earth is shaking. Probably DW just paid repair bills for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins make things explode. Seeing as he's already a giant flaming dragon, having goblins work on him probably isn't in his own best interest.

The amount of needless speculation and broken logic in this thread is hurting my brain

Those were NOT goblins.

They barely even looked like dwarves.

It was Twilight's Hammer. This was said on page 1. Stop speculating! >

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    Why are dwarves smelting his armor?
    By the looks of it, they were reforging all of his secondary stats into haste and crit
    They obviously didn't read up on his spec then. Everyone knows that badass dragons should reforge everything into mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    The goblins crafted his armor 10,000 years ago.

during the rescue of alexstrasza, deathwing re-apeared and tried to take alexstrasza for himself when the orcs began to move her from grim batol. but it was then that his demon soul was shattered, thus giving all its power back to the other 4 aspects and in turn they ganged up on him, almost ripping him apart.

meaning, he fled, and began rebuilding his armor. this is 10,000 years after he first had the goblins craft it. and so, its the twighlight hammer forging this new armor, and not the goblins.
    Last edited by Trigg; 2010-10-18 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    The bit I really don't get is, why when he leaves Deepholme it destroys the world. I mean, how did he get in there in the first place then?
    It wasn't so much Deathwing going from Deepholme to Azeroth that caused the Cataclysm, but rather his destroying of the World Pillar that supported the "ceiling" of Deepholme which separated the Elemental Plane from Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morin View Post
    did anyone bother to think it was Earthen?.....
    My first thoughts on seeing the video actually.

No self-respecting Dwarf would help out that oversized Gecko.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

goblins made it...i wonder tho in the final battle will he die because of an explosion in his armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    It wasn't so much Deathwing going from Deepholme to Azeroth that caused the Cataclysm, but rather his destroying of the World Pillar that supported the "ceiling" of Deepholme which separated the Elemental Plane from Azeroth.
    I understand that, I just don't get how he didn't do it when he got there. However he got there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    goblins made it...i wonder tho in the final battle will he die because of an explosion in his armor?
    I am actually wondering if there will be some kind of a quest chain etc where we somehow manage to find out how his armor was made and figure out a way to weaken it.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Actually, you see him burst out of the sea and fly towards Auberdine, which in all honesty, at the speed he was flying, would be a fair assumption it WAS the Maelstrom he emerged from. When he emerged in the first scene, it shows a mountain range. Presumably, this is caused by the earth being forced upwards, but then likely sinking back down after he's left. You can see the top of the Temple of Earth has been scorched to the point it's formed crystals, which are still giving off heat (evidenced by the orange stream of "smoke" emitting from the top). Remember though, Deepholme is an Elemental plane, so for him to force his way out is no small feat in of itself.
    See, the problem with that is, the mountains in that clip are snowy, and there's waaaay too much of it. Mountains, I mean, not just snow.

I honestly don't think that first scene is him leaving Deepholme, but just one of his first stops. They never actually show him flying out from below, just the fire erupting, and him flying straight out of that. Besides, if he goes from there to Auberdine... well, the Maelstrom is nowhere near Auberdine. He's flying north to south. The Maelstrom is way to the west. Teldrassil is a tree, so that's not it.

...Northrend? That's the only logical explanation, but even that doesn't make any damn sense.

I'd take this whole cinematic with a grain of salt.