speccing improved hot streak or not?

Well guys with the loss of nearly 20% crit in the patch 4.01 i was thinking about NOT skilling improved hot streak.
    Why so? Well if i understand it correctly hot streak can then procc from any crit, just at a chance. Somehow i feel this chance could be more than the number of times i really do 2 crits in a row right now.
    I sit at about 45% crit (character screen) which results in ~ 55% effective crit during the fight.

lets assume 50% cause it makes things easy. So if i have a 50% crit chance i should have a 25% chance to crit two times in a row.
    So yeah the procc chance had to be higher than 25% to be really better, but still i got this feeling.
    Anyone did some tests on this already?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still say that you should continue to spec it until you drop to at least 30% crit. But that's me personally.

Deleted
    to put it simple without any formulas or anything else:
    this talent is still WAY better than the alternatives, even when you are leveling only and got about 20% critchance only

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well guys with the loss of nearly 20% crit in the patch 4.01 i was thinking about NOT skilling improved hot streak.
    Why so? Well if i understand it correctly hot streak can then procc from any crit, just at a chance. Somehow i feel this chance could be more than the number of times i really do 2 crits in a row right now.
    I sit at about 45% crit (character screen) which results in ~ 55% effective crit during the fight.

lets assume 50% cause it makes things easy. So if i have a 50% crit chance i should have a 25% chance to crit two times in a row.
    So yeah the procc chance had to be higher than 25% to be really better, but still i got this feeling.
    Anyone did some tests on this already?
    At your % crit you will not get a Tier3 hot streak proc, the talent basically disables itself after around 30-35% crit. You should be speccing into Tier4 Hot Streak, no question. (the exact numbers can be found in the EJ fire thread)

Yes spec for improved hot streak...even if you only get 1 proc every 30sec...it will refresh your debuff so you don't have to keep casting scorch.

Deleted
    Improved Hot Streak only increases your chance of getting the buff, it does not replace the passive chance from the original talent. So no reason not to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTops View Post
    Improved Hot Streak only increases your chance of getting the buff, it does not replace the passive chance from the original talent. So no reason not to take it.
    Hmm are you sure about that replacing part? Anyway thanks guys, your answers seem reasonable all along and the message is clear. Well at least you spared me some 52 gold