Thread: Glyphs

10+ Year Old Account

Glyphs

Blizz has kept the promise of making glyphs "more fun" and now with the low cost of Vanishing Powder we can switch out glyphs with ease.

Have you found yourself taking advantage of glyph changes yet? If so what glyphs are you using and when?

Haven't really found a use for quick glyph changing yet...mostly because it's like Wrath where we have 3 good glyphs and the rest are junk/situational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    When raiding, running five mans and doing dailies you are using all the same glyphs? What about boss fights?

I have been trying to mix it up a bit, in Holy I change out Glyph of Circle of Healing for Glyph of Divine Accuracy, and find that playing around with Glyph of Power Word: Shield is more fun than Glyph of Guardian Spirit. (just in 5 mans of course)

In Disc same sort of thing, not all fights will not need Glyph of Power Word: Barrier so change it out for Renew and Glyph of Prayer of Healing.

I am sure I can't be the only one taking advantage of switching glyphs...

TBH Madam, I didn't do a good job with this last week at all. I have since made myself some notes to switch glyphs on certain fights for this week. Learning new habits sometimes is just as hard as unlearning them.

It might help from 81-85, but for right now I'm 'meh' on switching. If I was in worse gear it'd be an issue, but 5 mans are such joke content now that it isn't really worth changing things for it. I heal 5 mans as Shadow anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about when raiding harky?

I raid MS Shadow and OS Holy/Disc. For my Shadow set I'd have to say that I do not really ever switch out my glyphs. However, when switching between disc/holy I love the ease of moving my glyphs around to suit those rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    So vanishing powder lets us switch glyphs out quickly?? Oh, and I agree with:

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Haven't really found a use for quick glyph changing yet...mostly because it's like Wrath where we have 3 good glyphs and the rest are junk/situational.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I'm gonna assume you're talking about the major glyphs, because for prime ones you're not supposed to change them. They are supposed to be dps/healing/tanking increases for your spec, and often there are only 3-4 available per spec.

For major glyphs I think priests got a lot of fancy ones that would be worth switching in and out:

- Circle of Healing: switch out if healing a 5man, switch in if healing a raid
    - Dispel Magic and Mass Dispel: switch in for pvp or debuff heavy fights where you're on dispell duty
    - Holy Nova: for aoe heavy / raid aura damage fights
    - Psychic Scream: for heroic dungeons (in cata with cc!)
    - Inner Fire: for soloing, pvp
    - Scourge Imprisonment: if a dungeon with heavy undead mobs comes up
    - Spirit Tap: best glyph ever for questing/leveling/grinding
    - Spirit of Redemption: could be the difference between a 1% wipe and a first kill on hard progression fights

Though yeah, of course you can hold on to your 3 major glyphs and never change them. But the option is there and it WILL bring you a minor advantage if you take the right glyphs. They aren't supposed to give major advantages, otherwise they would be prime glyphs and non-negotiable.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    What about when raiding harky?
    Lightwell/PoH/Renew + CoH/Mass Dispel/Dispel Magic + Levitate/Fort/Shadow Prot. Haven't seen any reason to use anything else. The new GS glyph is pretty pathetic, or I'd still be using it. I'm not sure why it's popular now actually since it no longer changes the usage of GS beyond maybe using it once more per fight on LK. Honestly, I'm not sure if having lower end gear would even change it. The alternatives are all to increase DPS, not healing. Well except Flash Heal, but 10% crit on <25% health targets is about as useful at a stick in the eye.

Oh and as someone who has two pet classes... please don't take off CoH in 5 mans. My pets will love you forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Oh and as someone who has two pet classes... please don't take off CoH in 5 mans. My pets will love you forever.
    Only for you, harky.

Well, I'd do it anyway, but it's the thought that counts.

I like the dust, after the initial purchasing of all the glyphs, it's quite cheap to swap around. I'm now running around as Shadow (replaced Disc spec) as it's very over-powered at the moment, well not quite an Arms Warrior, but still fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, well some of us do heal pets with or without CoH glyph, heck I even ask the Locks to take imps out of phase for buffs

Deleted
    are people still using glyph of SW D after the nerf >?

what glyphs are you using as shadow ?