Question Building new PC for wow and more..

Hey guys,

So here it go my config:
    Processor - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8 GHz
    MoBo - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 - AM3 - AMD 890GX - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gb/s
    Video Card - RADEON HD 5870 1GB __ HD587XZNFC
    Memory - Corsair 4GB Dual Channel Corsair DDR3
    Power - Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650-Watt TX Series 80
    Hard drive - An 500gb 7200rpm Sata

With this config ill spend around $900 - $1000. I dont wanna pay more than it.

Well i think thats enough information, so i have some questions for you guys:
    1) With this pc i can get the most of WoW to play on 1920x1200, with all on high, or ill struggle in anything?
    2) I can record, with fraps, 25man raids with a decent image and quality to put on youtube with 1080p or at least 720p?
    3) If you could change something what it would be? Like memory, video cards? (around at the same price that ill pay)
    4) What games ill not be able to play with decent configurations?

Thats all. Thanks guys.

-Carlzeiss

15+ Year Old Account
    processor is good but it's a waste at this day and age. get a phenom ii x4 and save some money
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    With that budget you could go for a good Core i5 build, but if you're gonna go with AMD, get the Phenom X4, they outpreform the X6 gaming wise.

- Phenom x4 965 or 970 is faster for gaming than x6.
    - Radeon 5870 is overkill for WoW
    - For video capture you need lots of HDD space, 1920x1080 takes around 100gb/hour. Get at least 1TB disc right from the start, or 2x500GB discs and use the 2nd disc for video capture & other storage.
    - For your budget i5-760 based system would offer more power (after overclocking).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    - Phenom x4 965 or 970 is faster for gaming than x6.
    - Radeon 5870 is overkill for WoW
    - For video capture you need lots of HDD space, 1920x1080 takes around 100gb/hour. Get at least 1TB disc right from the start, or 2x500GB discs and use the 2nd disc for video capture & other storage.
    - For your budget i5-760 based system would offer more power (after overclocking).
    Thank you for answers, first of all!

Ok i see that Phenom x4 is "better" than x6 for gaming, but how fast,better, is this? Worth get one "older" processor , with 2 core less and less cache? Maybe games in a closer future will note provide better performance cause of this 2 core more and more cache?

Iam not any fan of overclock, so ill stick with AMD, so i5 for overclock is not needed

The hex core Phenom 2s cost significantly more than the x4 cores and provide no advantage for gaming. Right from the start the hex core you are looking at runs at 2.8ghz which isn't quite enough to raid on ultra with some shadows enabled. The x4 965 runs at 3.4ghz right out of the box so it has a 600mhz advantage and costs less. A 3.4ghz phenom 2 x4 is plenty to raid on ultra with shadows at half. You want as much processor throughput as you can get to run a 25m raid with fraps going. The quad cores have a higher clock speed so unless you're doing something that can use the 2 extra cores of the x6 they will always outperform the lower clocked hexcores.

The 5870 is way more GPU than wow can utilize. Wow runs excellent on the modest power of a 5770.

You definitely want tons of HDD space for frapsing. I would get 2x 1ts samsung spinpoint f3s and keep the second drive dedicated to video capturing.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.