Hunter leveling questions - 4.0.1

My hunter is currently level 54. I'm wondering if there's a better way to go about leveling right now. I am using MM and BM, but I'm finding that BM is draining energy much quicker than MM at this level.

I'm using this spec for BM:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cfhcckGzo:VzZcmZMz

And this spec for MM:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZfzGoGR0h:zVZm0ZMz

MM has to use Steady Shot to get the proc from ISS and on longer boss fights you can get the proc off MMM (sometimes). So since Steady Shot is such an integral part of the rotation you end up having more Focus. With BM you are using KC on CD, but if you are using Arcane Shot between KC's you tend to run out of Focus pretty fast. I'm not sure if it would be better to drop one of either Arcane Shot or Steady Shot glyphs and pick up the Kill Command glyph in order to help with the Focus drain.

I haven't tried Survival since the patch so any information on leveling Survival would be welcome. Also any thoughts on leveling as a hunter post 4.0 would be appreciated.

Also Multi-Shot hits like a wet noodle. It's hitting for like 100 per target. Since my Steady Shot is hitting for about 500-600 and my Arcane Shot hits for over 1000 on a crit it seems like multi-shot is completely useless unless you have at least 7 targets. Is it doing any better at level 80 or is it just a crappy AoE that cannot compete with other classes? I realize AoE spam is being pushed out for Cata, but if we do have to AoE I'd like it to at least hit for more than 1/6 of Steady Shot damage. Aimed Shot also doesn't hit any harder than Arcane Shot so the only time I ever use it is when I get the MMM proc since it's a focus free shot. Of course I don't really have Focus problems as MM right now unless I'm spamming Arcane Shot so I don't even know if it's worth it.
    Last edited by tibben; 2010-10-18 at 04:17 PM.

honestly, everything loses focus fast. With BM, you also get Fevor, which automatically gives 50 focus back, if you need it. If youre levelling, you still have your pet holding the aggro when youre out of focus as opposed to dealing burst damage, getting aggro, and then not having focus while theyre in close range. Youre probably best with BM till max level, but thats just my opinion, I was already at 80 with my hunter when patch hit so I cant really say otherwise. Thats just my perspective.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 11:20 AM ----------

and yes, multishot isnt for single target or small group of targets usually anymore. Thats what trap launcher is for. I wouldnt use multi shot unless theres four or more enemies at a time.