Poll: What major lore charactor will die during the Cata story line?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Major Lore Charactors Dying

I'm thinking WoW: Cataclysm is gonna end with one or more major lore charactors dying. Who do you think is gonna die? Who do you want to die? (Besides Deathwing of course)

I think Thrall is gonna bite it.

Alexstraza wont make it through the expansion.

Deleted
    i just dont want cairne to die

10+ Year Old Account
    GARROSH (/pray)
    Whats a signature?

Pretty sure we're gonna see Deathwing bite the dust...
    other than that though, I'm hoping for Garrosh to kick the bucket.

Between Sylvanas, Garrosh, and Thrall, I doubt all three will survive the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Between Sylvanas, Garrosh, and Thrall, I doubt all three will survive the expansion.
    I dont think they will kill off two more faction leaders but who knows
    Whats a signature?

All of the Alliance.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    Thrall will die heroicly, Garrosh will (sadly) survive it, and Sylvannas will become a villain for a future expansion. My opinions on the three char's that have come up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants View Post
    I dont think they will kill off two more faction leaders but who knows
    Cairine dies, Magni basically dies. 2 leaders gone before the expansion even starts

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Alexstraza wont make it through the expansion.
    So that means 3 of the aspects would be dead.

Yeah, that would be too much tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more, the better. And pls revive Kael'thas kthxbai.

10+ Year Old Account
    part of me really sees sylvanas dying...blizzard is taking her in a very strange direction and making her even more of a black sheep in the horde than she already was. i also feel like that lilian voss might end up being the new leader because blizzard rarely shoves a character like her down our throat without reason...shes like this all powerful new undead/scarlet crusader that i really dont see being confined to just the starting zone

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes never really die though. The powerful ones behave to death much like the Heroes in WC3 -- as long as their spirit in intact, they can come back so long as the magic resurrecting them is as powerful as the being itself. Death is only a phase. That's why you have your Kel's, your Medivh's, and the entirety of the Scourge upper management.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see major lore characters coming back in Cata. Illidian, who never got his chance with Furion in BC, would be a good one, as would Lady Vashj. And then there's Onyxia.

blizzard is taking her in a very strange direction and making her even more of a black sheep in the horde than she already was
    They're taking her in the right direction IMO. She was driven for vengeance much like Arthas was, letting it consume her, and she lost a lot of what made her mortal when she died. And now that Arthas is dead, she's basically taking Arthas' place. There was never a point in her undead existence that she didn't want every race to be undead like her.
    Last edited by Aro; 2010-10-18 at 04:30 PM.

-Probably Garrosh hellscrem will find his sanity, and his old self will die.
    -I say Rhonin will have a major role in this expansion, due to his previous encounter with Deathwing, and some relative might end up dead.
    -Another old god like Yoggsaron might end up dead considering there had to be 3-4 of them in Azeroth.
    -Kiljaeden might make a comeback if not in this expansion in the one afterwards and die.
    -Sargeras soul might possess someone famous and we have to kill him eventhough I doubt it.
    -Sinestra will die.
    -Nozdormu will either die soon enough or gain his sanity.
    -Archimonde's soul will have to be killed in this expansion or the next.
    -Azshara will die.
    -Saurfang will eventually die, he's a bit old, and eventhough his death might cause another Cataclysm it's inevitable.
    -Thrall may die, but highly doubtful.
    -Cairne is dead.
    -Magni is semi-dead.
    -Alleria Windrunner makes a comeback, or else she's dead.
    -Alexstrasza might sacrifice herself to kill Deathwing bout doubtful.
    -Krasus and Kalecgos might be the ones to sacrifice themselves to kill Deathwing, most probably Krasus(aka koliastrasz).
    moremoremore erm...
    Last edited by anatlusnayr; 2010-10-18 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo

dunno, Garrosh are pretty much here for staying as the new Warchief guys!
    Sylvanas is a maybe, but i doubt they kill her off right now where shes doing an character grow.
    Thrall? nah, his TO important to just die off yet, his gonna be a neutral shaman hero and giveing Garrosh Warchief title forever.
    i HOPE Alextrasa survive this, its to sick that we loose so many Aspects. i mean, Malygos we killed because he hated mortal spellcasters, Ysera is pretty much going to survive, but she has been in war with Ragnaros AND the Nightmarte (Stormrage book says hello), Deathwing is just insane and is pretty much gonna die this time, Norzdormu is many ways linked with the Infinite dragonflight so his not going to make it much longer (Chromie for new Dragonflight Aspect!) and Alextrasa is in constant war with everything about dragonflights and destruction of all life.

Deathwing should assassinate Varian and frame the horde for it. I would like to see total war. Altough killing Thrall we would see berserking horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anatlusnayr View Post

-Azshara will die.
    I doubt one of the most powerful beings in all of existence is just going to up and die
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    So that means 3 of the aspects would be dead.

Yeah, that would be too much tbh.
    They all die, Nozdormu is the last one alive when he gets killed, so really its not too much

[QUOTE=Aro;9147894]
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see major lore characters coming back in Cata. Illidian, who never got his chance with Furion in BC, would be a good one, as would Lady Vashj. And then there's Onyxia.
    [QUOTE]
    Onyxia is comeing bad yes, but Lady Vashjir is worth not a shit when we got Azhara, and no one would miss her. and Illidan, his gone, if he came back it would be like getting Arthas back! you can be 95% sure he wont show up again, when some dude get an expansion for them, they dont make comebacks.