Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The drop rate has definitely been buffed. It was confirmed that they upped the drop rate of the Brewfest mounts because we only got 1 shot per toon per day, so, no only is a reasonable to assume the same of Horseman, a SIGNIFICANTLY increased number of people have either received or seen the mount in comparison to last year. How much it has been increased, we don't know, but I think it's safe to say that it's higher than it used to be.

Anyone saying the droprate hasn't been raised is out of their minds. Last year I must have killed HH 100 times across multiple characters and no mount, never even saw someone else get it; and I probably only saw 5-10 across all the servers my 80s are on. Last year it was less than 1%. This year, the first day I saw 4 people with it; then I went to SM with 2 chars. Didn't get it, but I saw 2 others get it. This morning I went with the rest of my chars and got it on two of them; and I saw 3 other players get it. That's not just crazy RNG, that's a bump up in the droprate.

Also, there are NOT more people getting a shot at it this year. Last year, every group who did it got 5 tries at it, one for each person in the run. Maybe there were a few less on the alliance side; but I had alliance toons last year and there was NO SHORTAGE of people LFG HH; never took me more than 5 minutes to get a group. Normally people left an alt at the stone to help summon, then they'd switch to their character they want to run on and get summoned by the rest of the party.

If you honestly think it hasn't been buffed, you're nuts. Just saying.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2010-10-19 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Today has been a roller coaster...Its my birthday...I fire up wow and my GPU goes...I was pissed but I plugged my monitor into my onboard POS and decided to do HH at 6 FPS and the mount dropped..first bag...what a win/loose day

Kill the headless horseman with shadowmorne while in combat with flame leviathan and the lich king using no addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Korzair View Post
    Is it a onetime only chance each year or do we get one chance every day for the mount with the bag of extra goodies from doing the "daily" dungeon for the mount? Or does it still have a chance of dropping from the Headless Horseman himself?
    RNG it shits on us all my mate got it dropping for him 5 days in a row i got it once and lost it by 1 point...
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Time for some real HH data (sample data).

I have 5 level 80s toons and ran it 2 times. Once on Sunday night and once today.

0/10

15+ Year Old Account
    Drops from the bag as everyone else proberly have said by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for people saying 'Drop rates been buffed because you can only do it once a day'

Even if the drop rate was the same as last year, you'd have an identical chance of getting the mount. 1 per day instead of 5 chances per day. But when it drops you have a 100% chance of getting it, where as previously when it dropped you had a 1/5 chance of getting it.

It's been buffed just so more people can get it...though it's definitively been buffed to much, first day I saw 7 of these in krasus landing

EDIT: My personal wish is that it's been buffed this year because they are removing it for next year, perhaps to be replaced by something else cool. Though I doubt it.

Pray to the RNG Gods.

Well, it seems like it's buffed since I got it on my alt today also, but of course, unlucky people will continue to be unlucky (maybe) as there's still a chance, hence RNG will still screw you over.

Probably the best way to find the drop rate is to look at the past. http://www.wowhead.com/item=54535#contains Shows just under a 5% drop rate for a Brewfest mount, the Horseman's mount is likely to be the same.

Yesterday, I ran this on 5 of my 80s.
    4 got brooms, 1 got the pet, 1 got nothing (loot-filled pumpkin my ass), 1 got the mount.
    On my extremely small sample size, the droprate is 20%.
    Realistically, it's probably ~5-10%.