Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let us bring this to another question... Did malygos have to die?

Of course he must die, I want his sweet sweet epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    We're not at that level. That's reserved to the NPCs. We are certainly great heroes, however.
    I respectfully disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I mean, how will we ever be able to explain how 10 adventurers managed to kill him?
    "
    with the help of [Insert powerful lore NPC here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Does not matter how many players" kill him. from a story perspective "witch is the one that counts" it will be like Icecrown where Tirion & the argent champions killed the Litch king. much like how it wasn't the players who killed Ilidan (story wise)

All I know is I can't wait for the ending cinematic. Probably the encounter will involve destroying his armor plating so he erupts from within. It's gonna look badass.

15+ Year Old Account
    There'll be an epic quest chain to reforge Deathwing's hookah and give it to him. He'll then use the hookah to chill out and leave the world alone so we don't need to kill him.

You will get a hookah trinket that transforms you into Deathwing's human form. :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Redeeming him would be cool, I mean he's been corrupted by Old Gods, what if before the Deathwing encounter, an Old God pops up because he doesn't want us to meddle with his test subject and we get to kill the Old God and afterwards Deathwing comes to us and thanks us for freeing him. But meh.. it's so cheesy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he will die. I don't know why people seem to think Alexstrasza will want to redeem him when she kills him in a cutscene

Deleted
    10 people wont bring him down, its the dragonflights combined that will bring him down, we were just there to help with adds n bear witness, dragons are a higher power compared to the other races of azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just killing the old god that corrupted him would not redeem him or make him sane, he is fully corrupted and has to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Potato potato really (lol even though I know the sentiment doesn't work in type I love putting it in posts) it all depends on the layout I guess. In ICC and AQ opening event etc... we were faceless/nameless heroes but in like Uld or Naxx or something less... siege-y, it's more like we're a black ops team yeah.
    yea like a 25 man black ops team.. fighting a huge assw tank in tanks themselfs shooting bombs and stuf ^.- na, they wont notice that

10+ Year Old Account
    we bring him to 1% he charges up a massive explosion (us being stuned) and at the last moment nozdormu will open a portal from behind him and breath a massive magical blast that shatters DW and he will say " just in time"... hay its possible

Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    10 people wont bring him down, its the dragonflights combined that will bring him down, we were just there to help with adds n bear witness, dragons are a higher power compared to the other races of azeroth.
    Malygos,Onxyia,Nefarion the 4 nightmare dragons and all the dragon bosses in wotlk would like to have a word with you.

Deathwing will most likely die, just as Malygos did. And like Malygos' position, it will be taken over by another dragon of the same aspect. I believe in the goblin questing zone, Kalecgos tells you to find Azuregos to tell him to become the new blue aspect, and later vows to become the blue aspect himself or something along those lines. Was awhile ago that I did the goblin quests.

Either way, Deathwing will die, and as mentioned before, there was a quest-chain in the Badlands referring to an uncorrupted Black Dragon's Egg. This egg's hatchling could become the next Earth Aspect.

Deathwing makes Cho'gall powerfull. He regains his sanity during the fight. sees what an abomination he is. he also sees cho'gall ruining everything. he goes jihad on cho'gall by exploding with the power of the demon soul.

just an idea
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Or maybe we just trick him into destroying himself, or bait him with a fine but disease ridden whore to give him HIV then all we would have to do is cough on him and he would fall over.... WIN

All we have to do is rip off some of his armor plates and he will implode, or so states *lore*
    I cant has cheezburgar :'(

1. Maybe he will retain his sanity as someone said.
    2. Err...who said that we *can* kill him anyway! He might be trapped, or even wipe us all!

As always every end game boss is killed by a major lore character as will most likely be the case with Deathwing. What I see happening is Alexstraza killing him. I would imagine Deathwing would come to his senses last minute or as he is dying. What I could almost also see happening is that Deathwing isn't the final boss for the expansion. There are obviously greater forces at play then just Deathwing. We see Old God corruption springing up sense Ulduar. I got a feeling something with the Old gods could definitely happen even if it's just killing Deathwing then immediately killing an old god.