Poll: So, what will be the 'most wanted' type of Northerend mats when Cata hits?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Herbs, but both ore and herbs is sounding like "win" come 4.0.3 (and Cataclysm for that matter).

I'd say ores, since there are 3 main profs that need them for leveling. And I hear they need alot, alot more than is feasible...
    Although herbs would be useful too, due to all the bandwagon jumpers shooting for the Alchemy dragon.

(I'm probably going to drop JC for Alch, and maybe level Herb on my alt. Eng is still my main/fave prof, and with all the new stuff it gets in Cata... I can't wait

Deleted
    Ores.

Wotlk release they were at 50g each the first week. Each. Ore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would prolly say, start farming all the Azeroth stuff now, except skinning. Because with the Old World Changing, those may become slightly difficult to find as the spawn points will be new and in totally different locations. Plus with the superior INFLUX of Goblins and Worgen that will be out with the laziness of some people. The price of these mats will be in the mid to high 100's.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

My guess has been herbs-- people will be rushing to level Alchy to get that dragon mount.
    That wouldn't sound so funny if i hadn't just read the thread here re: is the mount confirmed - and someone listed the mats needed for it.

The question is: Are there any people who know about the mount, or want to power-level a profession for Cata, or who will be leveling professions on a goblin/worgen, who have not already started accumulating mats??

The prices for any pre-Cata items will only jump after Dec 7th if a lot of people are caught flat-footed by this expansion - and can afford to pay out the nose for not planning ahead.

And the way that buttheads are pricing mats on the Beta's AH, i'm seriously considering just leaving my main to do dailies in Stormwind while my gatherer makes the rounds collecting anything & everything it can - and making a killing on the AH from the astronomical prices of Cata ore/bars/herbs.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went for "herbs". Both because I actually believe they're going to be hot stuff, but also with a hope that it's going to be, being a herbalist myself