Thread: T11 Prices?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation T11 Prices?

I Havn't really seen anything on what the T11 prices are going to be, and I was curious if they have released how much JP they will be.

Alot of people, atleast on my server, are farming for Justice Points and I was thinking if I should just spend my JP on something other than keeping them till I get to 85?

15+ Year Old Account
    JP won't buy T11 until patch 4.1 when the second tier of raiding comes out with T12. You can save you JP up now and buy one or two blue level 85 heroic items, but right now you get 16JP per boss in a heroic and I think you get 75 in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    but right now you get 16JP per boss in a heroic and I think you get 75 in the expansion.
    Thats only with Cata Heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixblight View Post
    Thats only with Cata Heroic
    Obviously.

When Cataclysm comes out, you will only be able to buy the blue set with JP. Tier 11 equivelant gear will cost valor points.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understood, Valor points will get you epics, but not tier. I thought I read a post saying that tier would only come from set tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    From what I understood, Valor points will get you epics, but not tier. I thought I read a post saying that tier would only come from set tokens.
    Im pretty sure this is correct. The tier gear is token based and tier tokens will be spread across a couple raids like in BC.

Deleted
    Yeah, they want epics to be epics again and make your set items not farmable.

From what i heard, this is the deal:
    You save up you JP, you can buy offset items with it, but the set items will be slightly better.
    The previous Tier set becomes available for buying with points. So when T12 comes out, it is possible to buy T11 with JP (or whatever)
    And current Tier gear will be available through tokens.

So, thats how i thought it is going to be.
    Last edited by mmoccf1711fd43; 2010-10-18 at 07:21 PM. Reason: forgot the tokens ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    For tier 11, the head and shoulders are tier tokens. Hands, pants and chest can all be bought with valor points.

T11 equivalent will not be purchased with JP until the next tier is released.
    JP gets you a couple blues per capped amount (4k).
    You get Valor points from raiding and doing the heroic daily/raid weekly (if it's still around).
    VP will buy you T11 quality gear (read:same iLvl) but not the tiered gear itself, just offpieces.
    Same budget, maybe a different stat (haste vs crit vs mastery), and no set bonus.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    For tier 11, the head and shoulders are tier tokens. Hands, pants and chest can all be bought with valor points.
    Ah, must have missed this post. Well, the head and shoulders are still solely obtained by raiding.
    They will most likely have offset pieces for those who are not lucky with tokens or don't want either towards their 4piece bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Correct

Blizz were smart about this. They made sure everyone can get 3 pieces of T11, through raiding or the daily HC, even though that would sure take some time. However, the most noticable pieces can only be obtained through raiding, because they cost a token. Head and Shoulder slots are the ones you can NOT just get by doing HCs and those are the slots that most people recognize instantly. So only raiders get the awesome look and 4p bonus. Everyone else can settle for 2p and decent look.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Correct

Blizz were smart about this. They made sure everyone can get 3 pieces of T11, through raiding or the daily HC, even though that would sure take some time. However, the most noticable pieces can only be obtained through raiding, because they cost a token. Head and Shoulder slots are the ones you can NOT just get by doing HCs and those are the slots that most people recognize instantly. So only raiders get the awesome look and 4p bonus. Everyone else can settle for 2p and decent look.

Until the next raid tier comes out and the token requirements are removed from the t11 gear.

cmon, we all know it is going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Until the next raid tier comes out and the token requirements are removed from the t11 gear.

I would assume so. Once a new tier comes out, there really isn't a reason to restrict people from getting the older tier.

patch 4.0 Blues via JP and epic(tier 11) via valor
    patch 4.1 Blues+tier11 JP and T12 via valor
    Patch 4.2 Blue+t11+t12 JP and T13 Valor
    You get the idea.

Awesome, You guy's answered my questions plus some. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Im pretty sure this is correct. The tier gear is token based and tier tokens will be spread across a couple raids like in BC.
    Nice.

Me likey this system.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

no....if you remember you couldn't get all the gear with emblems when we were collecting tier 7 and 8, only 2 pieces of it, the rest you had to raid for.

the only reason they brought out "welfare epics" when t10 hit was because they wanted as many people as possible to experience ICC, thats the reason behind the 232 epics and increasing raid buff.

I think having to raid for the head and shoulders is a great idea. The people less inclined to raid can still gather 3 pieces of the latest gear plus off set epics and rings and parhaps a pvp weapon if they're unlucky in the raids they do go in.

If they keep this model all the way up to the penultimate tier then anyone can be become geared enough to attempt the final raid just by doing dailies, weeklies and Tol Barad, AND the elitist asswipes wont whine because they wont be able to "look the part" without raiding for the shoulders or helm...everyones happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Philenia View Post
    patch 4.0 Blues via JP and epic(tier 11) via valor
    patch 4.1 Blues+tier11 JP and T12 via valor
    Patch 4.2 Blue+t11+t12 JP and T13 Valor
    You get the idea.
    this system doesnt make sense.... JP can get you blues t11 AND t12...this system has only happened once and thats the jump between t9 and t10, and they had a reason for it.
    Last edited by Razac; 2010-10-18 at 07:56 PM.

This is retarded. People who do heroics don't deserve tier. I can maybe see doing them to get some meh purples and decent blues but when every retard is walking around with 3/5 tier whats the point. Can we just do it how BC was setup. Give out some ilvl purples out that are a ilvl behind current gear with badges and make people actually have to grind out the raids to get their pretty loots.

STOP CATERING TO NOOBS BLIZZARD.

Quote Originally Posted by arronwolf View Post
    This is retarded. People who do heroics don't deserve tier. I can maybe see doing them to get some meh purples and decent blues but when every retard is walking around with 3/5 tier whats the point. Can we just do it how BC was setup. Give out some ilvl purples out that are a ilvl behind current gear with badges and make people actually have to grind out the raids to get their pretty loots.

STOP CATERING TO NOOBS BLIZZARD.
    It is done this way so that if you start late or something happens where you miss a tier you aren't screwed for the rest of the x-pac. Most groups don't want to do old content once the new is out and it would be horrible to try and PUG Naxx, then Uld, then ToC, and then ICC. Back long ago that was how it was, if you stopped raiding for a little bit or weren't as quick to start you were pretty much screwed. And forget about alts.

Also, isn't it a bit early to QQ about a system that isn't even in place yet and you don't know much about? Maybe they will offer a dumbed down T11 with the set bonus gone but the same ilvl, you simply don't know yet.
    Last edited by Promark; 2010-10-18 at 08:08 PM. Reason: clarify last statement

World of Badgecraft .... i mean Pointcraft continues! canceled my sub 6 months ago and don't really see any reason to come back yet
    Last edited by Mixon; 2010-10-18 at 08:13 PM.