Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's just a convenience change, that's all. Anyone who had a druid alt/friend could farm it before, so not much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Yeah i hate it, 2 people in my guild (non druids) have already got it since the patch, i know RNG is RNG but my guild only has about 18 active players at the minute, so thats abit much dont you think?

Sucks big time, they're soon going to be as common as Kodo's
    bullshit. just lucky. - one person in my guild has 4 HH mounts already across their alts.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveykin View Post
    and feeling sort of accomplished
    Get a life and you won't need a video game to make you feel accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveykin View Post
    I looked through the forum and didn't see a thread on this yet so...

Are you guys not upset that you no longer have to summon Anzu? I remember the Swift Flight Form quests being long and feeling sort of accomplished when I was finally able to start Raven Lord runs.
    I'm not upset at all, even though I ran Sethekk Halls daily during TBC with players ready to pass the mount for gold (around 200 times), and quite a lot (around 100 times) solo during WotLK.

I think it was a bad idea to have a mount, the acquiring of which requires a certain class, yet it's not class-restricted (like paladin/warlock class mounts) in the first place. You did epic flight form chain to get swift flight form, and to experience the excellent quest chain, not to get a certain mount. If it was Classes: Druid (something I would have argued for a few years ago), I could understand being upset, but it never was.

I'd also like to point out one thing: After the hundreds of times of doing Sethekk Halls, I don't exactly feel like going back for seconds to help someone, even my best friends. When someone asked for me to help them farm it, I asked for 100g for a run (which is pretty much the amount of gold I could make during the time spent, even ignoring the fact that I don't want to). The drop rate is a restriction enough to make getting Raven Lord mount an accomplishment. Needing another player for a task where they serve no purpose other than making the task possible is pointless, and it punishes druids who don't want to go to SH, but cannot say "no" (I think such not-fun mechanics should be discouraged).

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    Let me do the Warlock and Pally mount quests for my own lock/pally mounts and I'll happily shut up.
    Yep. I'm honestly considering canceling due to this. Why can't some things just remain rare?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't saying that Raven Lord is a reward for completing the Swift Flight Form quest chain. Was just saying that it explains why druids were summoning him.
    Also mages, no one thinks you're cool because you can solo Anzu. No need for 500 more requote posts about how the poster is totally bad and your gear score is awesome or whatever.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xathian View Post
    Get a life and you won't need a video game to make you feel accomplished.
    The sense of accomplishment is only relative to the task at hand. Also if you're not contributing, then just don't post.
    Last edited by Aveykin; 2010-10-21 at 06:57 AM.

Aerie Peak 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 90 / 86 / 90 / 90 Kel'Thuzad 90 Tichondrius 90 / 90

Sigh. Go on, keep complaining about bits of pixels, which is BLIZZARD's own Intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Sigh. Go on, keep complaining about bits of pixels, which is BLIZZARD's own Intellectual property.
    Which is really everything. Get stunned locked to death? It's only pixels. Easy to get Hand of Adal titles? Pixelized name extender. 30% end game raid buff? Meh, more people getting more pixels so they enjoy their $15 per month more.

I'll take my ball and go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a druid exclusive mount. Swift flight form is the reward from the quest, just because you needed a druid to summon it doesn't mean it's some kind of "kick in the face" to druids, it's not.

I think it's one of the best models in the game mount-wise, and am happy I can now try to get it without having to damn well pay a druid or ask a friend to help me out.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvanon View Post
    Over all, Anzu will be like the white chocobo in rarity.
    The white "chocobo" will still be rarer because it's harder to solo your way to it.

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4 View Post
    The white "chocobo" will still be rarer because it's harder to solo your way to it.
    Meh, not really. Trash is just as easy to get around in some cases, more fear mobs in Sek than Magiterr. Bosses are all easy, cept maybe that one boss in Magiterr with the fear bomb - if you don't clear the other stuff. 10 minutes either way for each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Meh, not really. Trash is just as easy to get around in some cases, more fear mobs in Sek than Magiterr. Bosses are all easy, cept maybe that one boss in Magiterr with the fear bomb - if you don't clear the other stuff. 10 minutes either way for each.
    I can solo it, maybe you can solo it, but believe me, most people can't, most people can solo their way to Anzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    Don't be too sad, atleast mages can't solo Anzu.
    Umm we can
    Frost spec the same I use for soloing ZG, i just use my frost badge tank bubble trinket that i use for pvp.
    50k deepfreeze crits ftw
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post

Casuals win again. You could lvl a druid, summon anzu, log on your other char, kill it, loot.
    But no no no.
    Because doing this takes serial skill?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yep. I'm honestly considering canceling due to this. Why can't some things just remain rare?

haha... you so wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by manofmagic View Post
    haha... you so wrong....
    Why does everyone feel the need to quote this guy? He's been quoted multiple times per page.

lolwut? THey diffiniatly can.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't? I guess I must have been dreaming every day since the patch then.

Druids have flight form that is unique. Plenty of other classes are at a disadvantage for mounts, I don't know why you feel that you are entitled to the mount.

That being said, I have been running it on my hunter since before the patch with a guildie. I think it's a great thing that I don't have to wait for him to be online before I can go and run it myself.

Just feel proud that you accomplished the quest before it was available to everyone. I still have my achievement on my warlock for the Dreadsteed quest that I did before it was a trainable spell. I still am proud of completing that epic quest line. You don't have to whine that now everyone has it. Just because others have it, it shouldn't diminish your sense of accomplishment, and if it does, well then I think it's pretty petty.

Initial reaction to it, kinda pissed off. It was nice to have something that was class specific but it seems to be the way of Blizzard to just cater to everyone.