Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Probably in the name of an ability hitting for 150k?
    Ya i'm pretty sure 150K damage from a 5 min CD might be a little steep still.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 05:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terradii View Post
    hey im just wondering, how much damage do the rest of our abilities do? just to compare as i am not on the beta
    I'll Parse the last 2 raid days and post it and you can take a look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    [QUOTE=Requital;9169159]Ya i'm pretty sure 150K damage from a 5 min CD might be a little steep still.[COLOR="red"]

In a world with tanks having 150k hp why is it a little steep? it's on a 5 min CD and you have to line up the rest of your buffs with it to do that kind of damage. i personally think it should stay where it is.

just my 2 copper...

[QUOTE=Rizendragon;9169278]
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Ya i'm pretty sure 150K damage from a 5 min CD might be a little steep still.[COLOR="red"]

In a world with tanks having 150k hp why is it a little steep? it's on a 5 min CD and you have to line up the rest of your buffs with it to do that kind of damage. i personally think it should stay where it is.

just my 2 copper...
    I believe Requital is a firm member of the LOLSARCASM club. It's fairly popular on teh interwebz.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Ya i'm pretty sure 150K damage from a 5 min CD might be a little steep still.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 05:34 PM ----------

I'll Parse the last 2 raid days and post it and you can take a look at it.
    Hmmm well this 150k probably required full raid buffs, heroism, avenging wrath, and Inquisition up? That would be hard to replicate in PvP, also the damage is split among all targets within 10 yards, so in PvP the target's partners just need to be close so the damage is split.

On the scaling topic, yeah this ability has bad scaling written all over it. I suppose it only scales with our haste rating since haste lets us swing more. But the flat STR bonus needs to be replaced with 1% increase in STR per application.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    Hmmm well this 150k probably required full raid buffs, heroism, avenging wrath, and Inquisition up? That would be hard to replicate in PvP, also the damage is split among all targets within 10 yards, so in PvP the target's partners just need to be close so the damage is split.

On the scaling topic, yeah this ability has bad scaling written all over it. I suppose it only scales with our haste rating since haste lets us swing more. But the flat STR bonus needs to be replaced with 1% increase in STR per application.
    So I dug around and found the logs and got them parsed, Unfortunately because it's beta you can't sort by fight since wol doesn't know which is a boss vs which is trash.

This first image is from before the nerf to give you an idea of where we started.

This is from after the nerf, You can see none crit but are all between 50-200K now if you add a crit to the component were talking back into the 400K range so they are likely to remove the fact it can crit or just reduce it's damage again. I'll explain little bit of the difference between numbers so you have an idea.

Smoff and Latticetwo are both premade in full 346 gear with full top end gems and enchanting as it's what all premades come with. My copy is a 80 -> 85 copy leveled up so I don't have full 346 gear but I do have some.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 05:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal View Post

I believe Requital is a firm member of the LOLSARCASM club. It's fairly popular on teh interwebz.
    If all you're here to do is troll the door is over there ->
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-21 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Well hopefully they find a way to balance this for PvP without ruining how fun it is in PvE. Perhaps Ancient Fury damage should be capped at 50% of the target's health or something like that. Sort of the reverse of old Eye for an Eye which was capped by the Paladins health.

If they don't do something like that the ability needs to be redesigned because nothing more than 60k or so would be fair in PvP and that would make GoAK a terrible 5 minute cooldown in PvE. I guess turning all or part of Ancient Fury into a DoT could help also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    I still think the static STR bonus is bad- It makes it not scale well in the end, just like a number of other abilities (I'm looking at you, HoW).
    In the beta right now and the tooltip says "While active, you and your Guardian's attacks cause you to be infused with Ancient Power, increasing your Strength by 1% per application."

Quote Originally Posted by Deavante View Post
    In the beta right now and the tooltip says "While active, you and your Guardian's attacks cause you to be infused with Ancient Power, increasing your Strength by 1% per application."
    An awesome scaling change and a buff since 1% str is more than 20str at 85 and even at 80.

Btw another idea for balancing this ability in PvP would be to make it last 20 seconds but make each charge add less to the final Ancient Fury Explosion. This would change nothing in PvE but would be a PvP nerf since many more strikes would be needed to get a large stack. This would give even bad PvPers more time to get away from the paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    An awesome scaling change and a buff since 1% str is more than 20str at 85 and even at 80.

Btw another idea for balancing this ability in PvP would be to make it last 20 seconds but make each charge add less to the final Ancient Fury Explosion. This would change nothing in PvE but would be a PvP nerf since many more strikes would be needed to get a large stack. This would give even bad PvPers more time to get away from the paladin.
    Hmm, the damage is already steep enough as it is. >.< rather see it be nerfed to the ground.
    Or make it a glyph that increases it's duration to 30 seconds up, but dealing 50% Less dmg.
    Mmmm pet....

Well you can only nerf a 5 minute cooldown so much before it becomes a joke. In PvE it's really not that amazing of a cooldown, it's solid but that much damage from a 5 min cooldown is pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Sorry for being ignorant, but I was under the impression the guardian himself was untargetable?
    Last time I heard, the retribution version was the only one that was targetable. Prot and Holy GOAK are untargetable.

It's right in the description for the Ret version:

"After 12 sec or when your Guardian is killed you will release Ancient Fury. causing 100 damage plus 100 per application of Ancient Power. divided among all targets within 10 yards."

Emphasis is mine.

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Guardian_of_Ancient_Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Last time I heard, the retribution version was the only one that was targetable. Prot and Holy GOAK are untargetable.

It's right in the description for the Ret version:

"After 12 sec or when your Guardian is killed you will release Ancient Fury. causing 100 damage plus 100 per application of Ancient Power. divided among all targets within 10 yards."

Emphasis is mine.

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Guardian_of_Ancient_Kings
    Well that only further balances it in PvP. What CC is he susceptible to? How much health does he have btw?
    Last edited by Thumos; 2010-10-24 at 05:29 AM.

Prior to the nerf I had Ancient Fury hitting for up to 1.2 million, so yeah I think if anything it will get nerfed more. 75% of 1.2 million is still enough to 1shot someone in full Resilience gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Prior to the nerf I had Ancient Fury hitting for up to 1.2 million, so yeah I think if anything it will get nerfed more. 75% of 1.2 million is still enough to 1shot someone in full Resilience gear...
    It wasn't nerfed to 75%, it was nerfed by 75%. Down to 25%. 25% of 1.2 million is still massive, so I think it will continue to be adjusted before 4.0.3.

300k hits is fun ;-)

Euneek

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    It wasn't nerfed to 75%, it was nerfed by 75%. Down to 25%. 25% of 1.2 million is still massive, so I think it will continue to be adjusted before 4.0.3.
    25% of 1,200,000 is 30,000, as bit more than a TV strike. Now, if a person has Resilience, it would bring the crit damage from 60,000 down to about 45,000 or 40,000. Is that still a lot of damage? Yes. Is it enough to kill someone in 1 hit? No.

25% of 1,200,000 is 30,000, as bit more than a TV strike. Now, if a person has Resilience, it would bring the crit damage from 60,000 down to about 45,000 or 40,000. Is that still a lot of damage? Yes. Is it enough to kill someone in 1 hit? No.
    oh dear, what kinds of maths are they teaching you in america these days?
    Last edited by Ronark; 2010-10-24 at 04:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wigg View Post
    oh dear, what kinds of maths are they teaching you in america these days?
    I know, I left out a 0... well, a few, lol.

Deleted
    ... math doesn't seem to be you're best subject.

1.200.000 times 0.25 is 300.000. Enough to one shot a person if it's holy damage.

Blizzard seems to have failed retri again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    25 % of 1.200.000 are 300k enough to kill clothies and have a nice revenge for all the kiting :P
    Last edited by Qwayne; 2010-10-24 at 04:33 PM.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011