Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Demo Rotation 4.0.1

One thing I hate about major patch changes...Every website has different opinions on rotations and talent builds for maximum dps. It only all starts to merge after a month or two of being active. I have a decent build for my Demon spec lock. The problem I am having is with rotation. Some sites claim that corruption should not be used anymore. I have a problem not using corruption being that it is instant DOT, so why not use it? With all the new spells and abilities, I am not sure exactly what rotation to use anymore. For Boss rotation, I use this:

Trinket for haste>demonic empowerment>Metamorphosis>corruption>BOA>Hand of whatever>SB spam>Life tap>other trinket for SP> repeat

Also been known to use this rotation with unnoticeable dps change:

Trinket for haste>demonic empowerment>Metamorphosis>corruption>BOA>Immolation>SF spam or SB spam>life tap>SP trinket> repeat

My WH GS is only around 5.6k and I am pulling anywhere from 4600-5400 on a boss pending on buffs. I think I can eliminate some on my rotation to obtain better dps, but not sure what.

Another issue I am having....How do I obtain a haste rating above 1200 when all my gear is reforged for haste(also hit capped) and still only have 750 haste? They must go by end game gear.

So to wrap up....Demo rotation? and haste rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Priorities are:

Curse if applicable -> Immolate -> HoG -> Bane of Doom -> Corruption -> Soul Burned Soul Fires -> MC Procced Incinerates -> Decimation Procced Soul Fires -> Shadow Bolts

This means you do switch to Incinerate for MC procs during Decimation.

Insert Meta and Guardian cooldowns where appropriate, and it's generally best to save SB: Soul Fire for intensive movements. Macro Felstorm to something you spam often (SB/SF).

Haste can be obtained from gems and the Black Magic weapon enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried demo myself, but I dont like it too much now. So annoying with the hand of gul'dan refreshing immolate, as it has to be timed so damn perfect. I got a little low haste tho, 840 something, cant remember.

Loving destruction and affliction though, currently destruction as i found I had the best dps with that spec.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for rotation. Will give it a shot tonight. I love demonology for the meta+immolation aura+soul shatter+Rain of fire= Awesome DPS for AOE trash. The numbers there along make it worth the while.

just for reference as well, Demonic empowerment dosnt give a dps boost anymore.

I use the 'rotation' / priority Jessicka posted and I have the same "gs" (hate that thing so much lol) but I hold 8.5k on the heroic dummy in UC, and in a VOA25 pulled 10.5k on Toravon (came in 2nd damned arcane mage doing 14k... 97% of his damage was arcane blast too so much for a 2 button spec? lolol...)

Affectionatë - Firetree (armory's down for maint, the ë is alt-0235)

3182sp
    31.75% haste (or close, armory down I know its 31.xx lol and I think .75)
    16.96% hit (445 rating)
    26% ish crit
    8.00 mastery (nothing worth reforging it on lol)
    Last edited by Affectionate; 2010-10-19 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to add; if you have, or had an Affliction spec, copy your Haunt Focus Macro for HoG.